Official 15th Anniversary Show (PPV) Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Re: Official 15th Anniversary Show (PPV) Thread

Post by Brada »

SweetDaddy wrote:Believe what you want.

I have nothing to gain from saying these things.

There's proof on youtube.

I was by no means making a living do it.

That's why I quit.

You'd make more money at McDonalds than driving from Knoxville to Charlotte for 50 bucks and that's about the best a young guy's gonna get.

I want to watch your stuff! How do we find you?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

New match announced. Hope ROH give this two (at least) 12-15 minutes.

Brada

Post by Brada »

oh yeah, I think they do for sure....
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
monster mafia wrote:lets bitch about everything roh does...thats the law. :roll:
Conversely, let's praise everything ROH does. That's how it seems to roll in your world.
not my case
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Here's a match for UWA when we first started...

https://youtu.be/b61EjMe-kXE
Last edited by SweetDaddy on Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Brada wrote:
Here's a promo we did for the weekly TWA television show.

Ill find more later.

https://youtu.be/kvywOpCPWZM
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Let's hope RUSH vs Scurrl gets time enough to shine. Those PPV matches are predominantly cut short because they book way too many matches for 3 hours shows, with all the extra stuff that goes along with PPVs. Looking at the card, that match should receive most of the attention or at least should be the longst match on the show, Daniels vs Cole does not have to go over 20 minutes if you ask me.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Brada

Post by Brada »

SweetDaddy wrote:
Brada wrote:
Here's a promo we did for the weekly TWA television show.

Ill find more later.

https://youtu.be/kvywOpCPWZM
Big, Strong, and able, and the studs of the stable.

I like it. It made me want to watch a match for sure. I like the line about making sure they got their $7 dollars worth when they walk through the door....lol (another one I found that I watched)

When I started here on the forum a couple of years ago, I thought it would be just a few fans like me, giving us a place to come waste a few minutes and be entertained talking to other fans about the things we like, don't like, whatever.

I never thought that there would be as many wrestlers, and former wrestlers on here as I have come across.

Good stuff.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Vegas Street Fight is official.

SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Damn Brada you were on the hunt weren't you?

It was a fun couple of years and I'm grateful for the things I got to do and people I got to meet but it was time to move on.

The working for a living and raising my little boy life is much more rewarding and less stressful.
Brada

Post by Brada »

First couple of hours in the office are real slow every morning, so I have some time on my hands...lol

It was good stuff. I enjoyed it.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Should be a really good match. Young Bucks are criminally underrated when it comes to weapon filled brawls.
Brada

Post by Brada »

should be a good match. Very predictable outcome, but good match nontheless.
King of Indy Style

Jay Lethal will face either Adam Cole or Bobby Fish (whoever is NOT champion following Manhattan Mayhem) in a Top Contenders Match!

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/jay-le ... ign=buffer
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Lethal vs Fish sounds good, but I was expecting a better match for Jay. Good, not great, card for the Anniversary. SCOH and Mayhem look better on papper, IMO.

On Friday, March 10, Ring of Honor celebrates a decade and a half of the Best Professional Wrestling on the Planet when the stars of ROH do battle live on Pay Per View at 15th Anniversary! This history-making event will be broadcast around the world on all traditional PPV outlets, ROHWrestling.com, the Fite App, and Playstation Network and the card is shaping up to be one of ROH’s best, ever!

One of the men that competed in the main event of the very first ROH card 15 years ago, “Almighty” Christopher Daniels, looks to fulfill his destiny and capture the ROH World Championship for the first time in his career. Daniels, who earned this opportunity by winning the Decade of Excellence Tournament, will face the winner of Bobby Fish and current champion Adam Cole, who meet at Manhattan Mayhem!

The ROH Board of Directors and Executive Committee have pledged that all championships will be on the line and all of the top stars will appear at Sam’s Town Live! in Las Vegas! The Board of Directors has announced that Jay Lethal has signed a contract contingent on the result of the Manhattan Mayhem main event guaranteed to pit two top ROH World Championship contenders against one another:

TOP CONTENDERS MATCH
JAY LETHAL vs. ADAM COLE or BOBBY FISH (WHOEVER IS NOT CHAMPION FOLLOWING MANHATTAN MAYHEM)

For over two years, the man who calls himself “The Greatest First Generation Wrestler of All Time” Jay Lethal held either or both ROH World singles championships, establishing himself as one of the all-time great stars in ROH history. Lethal heads to Vegas looking to make more history, seeking a signature win against one of the top contenders live on Pay Per View!

Adam Cole and Bobby Fish will do battle for the ROH World Championship at Manhattan Mayhem on Saturday March 4. Both well-established stars, Cole is the only 3-time ROH World Champion while Fish is a former ROH World Television Champion and three-time ROH World Tag Team Champion coming off a win at Survival of the Fittest earning him a shot at Cole. With their histories and pedigrees, both remain two of ROH’s biggest regardless of the outcome in the Big Apple!

Looking for his first opportunity to challenge for the ROH World Championship since the Reach for the Sky Tour, Lethal is looking for a victory over a top-tier opponent to prove to the new Board of Directors that he is deserving of a shot to dethrone whomever the champion will be. While not an outright number one contender’s bout, whoever walks out of 15th Anniversary the winner of this match will surely be a top contender!

Will we see a rematch of the World Television title classic from All Star Extravaganza VII between Lethal and Fish, a duo that recently had dissention following a big win over Cole and Hangman Page at The Experience in a Falls Count Anywhere bout or will Lethal get an opportunity to gain more revenge on the man that humiliated him and shaved his head before taking his title? Lethal will be ready for either at the 15th Anniverary Pay Per View!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

King of Indy Style wrote:Should be a really good match. Young Bucks are criminally underrated when it comes to weapon filled brawls.
Yeah, I agree 100% with this.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

King of Indy Style wrote:Jay Lethal will face either Adam Cole or Bobby Fish (whoever is NOT champion following Manhattan Mayhem) in a Top Contenders Match!

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/jay-le ... ign=buffer
What has Lethal done to become a top contender? And why would Fish be a top contender after losing a title shot?
King of Indy Style

So there's Cole/Daniels, Scurll/Rush, Bucks/Vice, Kingdom/Castle and the Boys, and now Lethal vs. Fish. That's 5 matches now. What else, if anything, could be added? Some kind of #1 Contenders' match? Or is this the Final Card?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I really hope 5 matches isn't the whole card.

Unless Cole vs Daniels goes a full hour.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

What has Lethal done to be a top contender?

Be the best damn hand they've had for 2+ years.