ROH COMPS

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Montana

ROH COMPS

Post by Montana »

Is it me, or has ROH slowed down quite a bit on the compilation DVD's? I know they were releasing them very frequently the past 3-4 years, but have they kinda hit a wall? How do you feel about ROH Comps? Is the break in releasing good? thoughts?

I know i enjoyed the annual Year 1-5 DVDs, and would like to see them continue that. I remember asking for that before they came out. I'd also still like to see them continue the best of ROH TV as well. They seem to have stopped since episodes 1-100. I don't get ROH TV, and the site runs poorly for me, so i like to catch up on what i've missed.

Now, I'm fine with the wrestler DVD's being put on hold. When single wrestlers have 2-3 best of DVDs, it makes it hard to follow. I think a good next step would be to release a "best of show" series. This would highlight the greatest matches from ROH's greatest shows:

- Anniversary Show
- Supercard of Honor
- Death Before Dishonor
- Glory by Honor
- Survival of the Fittest
- Final Battle

- Then maybe a ROH vs. NJPW or The World.

I think these would be pretty impressive compilations.
Brada

Re: ROH COMPS

Post by Brada »

a SOTF and Final Battle would definitely be collector's items for sure. Would be very cool...
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I LOVE Comps personally. A DVD highlighting my favorite wrestlers/match types? Hell yeah! I agree about ROH slowing down on Comps, and I'm not really a fan of it. And the last few haven't been very interesting, to be honest. The Briscoes one seemed quite mediocre and I would never spend 20 bucks to watch a bunch of ACH matches. They really do have a lot of different subjects they can do, though. Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly, The best of NJPW in ROH, Best of Young Bucks Vol. 2, the last like 4 or 5 years of Roderick Strong's ROH Career, ROH vs. CZW, ect.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I love compilations, but this "best of show" series mmmh, I don't see it working. I think having Year and Wrestlers compilations is better. Also, maybe they should make again thematic compilations, such as the Japan's Finnest DVD or the one with Hardcore matches.