TPT 2017

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Memphis Mark

TPT 2017

Post by Memphis Mark »

So who going to be in 2017 TPT ? Will is be a stable of studs , a collection of duds or somewhere in between those two ? I have heard that John Skyler and Curt Stallion are two of the eight . I will guess that Chase Brown , Clutch Adams , Sonny Kiss , Mike Orlando , Nick Comoroto and Josh Woods will fill out of the field . Just a guess . Any comments.
monster mafia

Re: TPT 2017

Post by monster mafia »

announcements next week...would be a interesting tpt with all the departures
Brada

Post by Brada »

Tim Donst wins it all.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

I did not know Tim Donst was still in the mix for ROH . Alex Reynolds and John Silver have also worked some dates for ROH , but I would hardly call those two prospects. I suspect that the TPT 2017 will be heavy of Monster Factory students and maybe some Wrestle Pro guys due to the fact that ROH only has camps in the Northeast. . Some many young talents cannot afford the trip.

Gabe has picked up on this and is holding seminars wherever Evolve holds shows.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

From Binghamton, NY, "Hybrid" Sean Carr is an athlete who had his first taste of Ring of Honor action as a surprise local entrant to the Honor Rumble. Carr impressed ROH officials at a tryout camp and the new Executive Board extended an invitation to this Upstate New York star based on his debut performance in Lockport.

“I fell in love with professional wrestling at a very young age and, from the moment I first saw it on TV, I knew that's what I wanted to do,” Carr told ROHWrestling.com. Carr comes into the 2017 Top Prospect Tournament with a background in the martial arts and the support of his family. “Growing up, my parents Kevin Carr and Rita Carr were my biggest supporters and they enrolled me in martial arts because, they felt it would help me out with my dream when it came time. I'm a 2nd Degree Black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and I have experience in Ju Jitsu, Kickboxing, and also did some amateur wrestling in High School.”

A chance meeting in early 2009 with Keith Zimmer led Carr to begin training with IB Green and Kage in a building with no heat or air conditioning. “It was super cold in the winter and a sweat box in the summer,” recalled Carr.

Carr is an eight-year veteran who has competed primarily in the Northeast, picking up victories with the Tombstone Piledriver and Frog Splash. He has used his martial arts background and those moves to achieve his dream of becoming a pro wrestler. But Carr told ROHWrestling.com that he has some extra motivation in taking the next step – becoming a star in ROH.

“With all the years I've been wrestling, I could never have continued this journey without the love and support from my fiancé Amber and our Daughter Mikylia. I do this for them.” While Carr stresses he leads a normal life outside the ring, watching movies and hiking with his family and dogs Izzy and Max, his record speaks for itself. Carr will certainly be one of the odds-on favorites to win the 2017 Top Prospect Tournament and earn a ROH contract!
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Guy has an alright look to him. From what I can see on Twitter he's apparently a good, solid worker, but is nothing special.

Uneventful start to the entries. Him apparently being "a favorite" isn't making me optimistic either mind you.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Second entrant is "Kingpin" Brian Milonas.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/2017-t ... an-milonas

Once again, no clue who he is. This is not a strong start for the TPT. Better get someone like a Tim Donst or Joey Janela, at least two guys who can be built until the final which will actually gauge an interest is all I ask, the rest can be jobbers.
Brada

Post by Brada »

agreed. Better bring a Donst or Janela to have something to look forward too.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Oh good, another 15-year veteran in the PROSPECT tournament. Kinda scary to think that this guy is "one of the youngest competitor in the field" considering he should be at least 30.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brada

Post by Brada »

I don't think Milonas is a fan of cardio.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brada

Post by Brada »

maybe he will take Rowe's spot in War Machine if he splits...........better get those chops of his transformed into a beard pretty quick
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I've heard of Sean Carr before, but I haven't seen any of his work.

Only thing I know about Brian Milonas is that he had a couple of matches in Beyond Wrestling last year, against the likes of Keith Lee & JT Dunn (as posted above), along with Chris Hero.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

ive seen Milonas dozens of times in the last 15 years. he is solid enough but i certainly wasnt clamoring for him to be in the TPT.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For nine years, Columbia, SC’s John Skyler has clashed with some of ROH’s best including current ROH World Television Champion Marty Scurll and former ROH World Champions Michael Elgin, Kyle O’Reilly, and Kevin Steen. The only catch? These matches have never taken place inside of a ROH ring. After nine years, “The Southern Savior” gets his opportunity to prove his mettle on an international scale as the next entry into the 2017 Top Prospect Tournament.

A protégé of ROH legend Steve Corino and CW Anderson, Skyler used wrestling as an escape. Wrestlers like Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, Curt Hennig, and Terry Funk inspired Skyler to make a name for himself. A stand-out soccer player in high school, Skyler turned down soccer scholarships to chase his professional wrestling dream.

Skyler has seen his success in wrestling take him across the globe, wrestling in nine countries in three continents. Skyler is accomplished in both singles and tag team competition, having served as one half of The Love/Hate Machine with Dash Wilder and now scoring success with Corey Hollis.

Skyler models his in-ring style after stars like Fit Finlay, Arn Anderson, and Tully Blanchard. His ability to draw from his inspirations come from his background as both a student of the game and as an educator. Skyler graduated with an Education degree from the University of South Carolina. Despite his ability to teach, Skyler has turned down opportunities to pursue his dream full time.

Will the 2017 Top Prospect Tournament be Skyler’s time to shine? After nine years and nine countries, Skyler’s record, pedigree, and level of sacrifice in the name of professional wrestling speaks for itself. Skyler heads to Pittsburgh young and hungry but experienced and savvy enough to win the TPT and earn a ROH contract. Join us at Steel City Excellence as Skyler takes his first steps in becoming the next ROH star!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

This is the annual obligatory post about how there are always, abruptly said, bodies in the tournament introduced to just take the L.

Though ROH desperately needs an ambitious year for the tournament. There has been no ROH World Champions produced by the Top Prospect Tournament after 2011 and there have been a total of 11 World Championship opportunities granted to the entire, combined pool of participants from the four succeeding tournaments—three of these belong to singles matches against TaDarius Thomas, Grizzly Redwood, and Cheeseburger. In terms of title opportunities, the tournament has meant less and less each year.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

I read good things about JOHN SKYLER.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

If I remember correctly, Skyler had a pretty good match with Dalton on....I think a Winter Warriors stop? I wouldn't be opposed to him winning.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Sklyer isnt bad at all. If he is going to have a future in ROH though, he definitely needs to change his look or he will just be looked at as a Adam Cole starter kit.