TPT 2017

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dark patriot

Re: TPT 2017

Post by dark patriot »

i assumed he will,even before it started, just so they can have their own Riddle.
Brada

Post by Brada »

great point. Anything else would be a head scratcher to me. If they are going to tag him with that Riddle type image they need to push him to the moon.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Skylar vs. Stallion has far and away been the best match in the tournament thus far. I thought both guys did a fairly good job with the spot they were in and the venue they were at. Expectations have been low for this tournament and these guys had virtually no buzz going into this match. Yet, they managed to get the Hammerstein crowd emotionally invested. Not an easy thing to do. The match was laid out really well. Both guys had their time to shine. I would not mind seeing either of these two roster regulars. Young talent is desperately needed and both have some upside.

I would be remiss in mentioning, that I feel Brutal Bob Evans has been pretty fucking good on color commentary. He, along with everyone else besides Kevin Kelly, has been everything Corino was not. Evans let's a trace of his heel character come through, but that's it. He places the emphasis on the talent in the ring. He arms the viewers with the backgrounds of each competitor. And the fucking God awful jokes are devoid of hearing, a Corino staple that grew tiresome immediately after his ascension to the announcing table. All in all I think Evans has earned a shot to be Ian Riccaboni's permanent color guy.

Curious to see if Woods and Skylar can top this match.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:

I would be remiss in mentioning, that I feel Brutal Bob Evans has been pretty fucking good on color commentary. He, along with everyone else besides Kevin Kelly, has been everything Corino was not. Evans let's a trace of his heel character come through, but that's it. He places the emphasis on the talent in the ring. He arms the viewers with the backgrounds of each competitor. And the fucking God awful jokes are devoid of hearing, a Corino staple that grew tiresome immediately after his ascension to the announcing table. All in all I think Evans has earned a shot to be Ian Riccaboni's permanent color guy.
Have you heard Ian's work with Silas? I think they're quite excellent together.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:

Have you heard Ian's work with Silas? I think they're quite excellent together.
Totally. But for the sake of not seeing Evans in the ring, this role is perfect for him.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

ive seen Stallion getting a shit ton of bookings coming up in the northeast and midwest area so he's got a buzz about him now.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dark patriot wrote:ive seen Stallion getting a shit ton of bookings coming up in the northeast and midwest area so he's got a buzz about him now.
Stallion had a great match in January at Michael Elgin's new promotion, Glory Pro. He started to talked about him and now he's getting a lot of bookings.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

dark patriot wrote:ive seen Stallion getting a shit ton of bookings coming up in the northeast and midwest area so he's got a buzz about him now.
That's great to hear. Dude has earned it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

stalion is very good,i hope roh take notice.