Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend Info)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Post Reply
User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend Info)

Post by supersonic » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:15 am

WrestleMania 34 and all of its piggybacking events return to the Big Easy in the first full weekend of April 2018.

Image

Supercard of Honor XII - TICKETS
Saturday April 7th
Bell Time: 7:30pm
UNO Lakefront Arena
6801 Franklin Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70122

Confirmed talent for Supercard of Honor XII:

Kenny Omega
Hiroshi Tanahashi
Supercard of Honor XII will emanate from the UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans, LA on Saturday April 7! Like last year’s history-making event, this event will feature high profile stars and very special matches for all of our fans around the world. At the time of announcement, we can confirm that stars from New Japan will take part in this event, and there will be the return of Festival of Honor, featuring all-day autograph signings, photo opportunities, trivia, and Q&A sessions with ROH stars. Much more to come later!
More info

FACEBOOK GROUP

Other Confirmed Events

WWE
2018 Hall of Fame Ceremony - Friday, April 6, 2018 - Smoothie King Center
NXT Takeover: New Orleans - Saturday, April 7, 2018 - Smoothie King Center
WrestleMania 34 - Sunday, April 8, 2018 - Mercedes-Benz Superdome
Raw - Monday, April 9, 2018 - Smoothie King Center
SmackDown - Tuesday, April 10, 2018 - Smoothie King Center



WrestleCon events schedule - http://www.wrestlecon.com/tentative-schedule/

WrestleCon events tickets - http://www.wrestlecon.com/buy-tickets/

WWN events schedule/pricing - http://myemail.constantcontact.com/SHIN ... cPpxCRfVcs

CURRENT LIVE SPECTACTOR EVENT SCHEDULE BY DATE

Thursday, April 5
Wlidkat Entertainment (WrestleCon) - 6PM
Evolve (WWN) - 8PM
WrestleCon SuperShow - 9:30PM
Beyond Wrestling (WWN) - 11:55PM

Friday, April 6
Progress (WWN) - 12PM
The Crash (WrestleCon) - 12PM
Rev Pro (WrestleCon) - 4PM
Evolve (WWN) - 4PM
WWE Hall of Fame Ceremony - evening
WWN SuperShow - 8PM
TNA/Impact (WrestleCon) - 9PM
Joey Janela's Spring Break II (WWN) - 11:55PM

Saturday, April 7
Pro Wrestling Revolver (WrestleCon) - 11AM
Progress (WWN) - 12PM
Shimmer (WWN) 4PM
CZW (WWN) - 4PM
NXT Takeover: New Orleans - evening
ROH Supercard of Honor XII - 7:30PM
Style Battle S1 Finale (WWN) - 8PM
House of Hardcore (WrestleCon) - hour after NXT
Kaiju Big Battel (WWN) - 11:55PM

Sunday, April 8
WWE WrestleMania 34 - late afternoon to late night
Wrestle Circus Midnight After Mania II - late night

Monday, April 7
WWE Raw - 7PM

Tuesday, April 8
WWE SmackDown - 7PM

https://twitter.com/courtbauer/status/9 ... 8054975488

F4W Empire dinner expected.

Looking to arrange a couple things beyond WWE group tickets, but need to gauge interest levels.

I am looking to gather a group for a documentary screening at a local AMC theater on Thursday, April 5 or Monday, April 9. I would possibly look to cover a significant amount of the funding (majority or possibly 100%) and see if those who put the documentary together could be present for an introduction and Q&A session. I won't say which documentary it is right now, for it's one that can be polarizing but affects all of us.

Updates:

Many hotels are now taking bookings through Wednesday, April 11, 2018. I have NOT yet fished around for group rates.

For now, I've settled on Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans - Convention Center based on walking proximity. With AAA rate, a 6-Night stay from April 5 to April 11 is $223.72 per night including taxes. (WrestleCon had 3 different hotels in 2014 that were a bit lower.)

WWE group ticket availability is still TBD. As a reminder, each individual ticket will have a $5 "convenience fee." This will be considerable savings both in hassle and money compared to buying on your own via Ticketmaster. But even more important, 100% of the "convenience fees" will be donated to carefully vetted nonprofit causes to be revealed at a later time.

Dining:

Chipotle Mexican Grill

The Cocoally Vegan's Guide to New Orleans

Sports:

Pelicans home games in April 2018
vs. Thunder - Sunday, April 1
vs. Grizzlies - Wednesday, April 4
vs. Spurs - Wednesday, April 11 (final date of the regular season)
Last edited by supersonic on Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 am, edited 22 times in total.

monster mafia
Posts: 2443
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:13 am

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA

Post by monster mafia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:35 am

what?

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by supersonic » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:12 pm

This has been turned into both a Supercard of Honor XII and WrestleMania 34 Weekend Thread. OP will be updated throughout the next year and important info/inquiries have already been added to it, including possible WWE group tickets, group hotel rate inquiry, and a local documentary screening.

dhads7161
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by dhads7161 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:40 am

Drury Inn is a great choice of hotel. They have a great breakfast and even hot food in the evening included in your syay. And it's HQ is in the area I live in. Do try for a group rate as that's where I'm looking to stay next year and I do want in on these group tickets if it can be done for 34.

TYFDK
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:34 pm
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by TYFDK » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:29 am

I'm nitpicky and think the WWE stuff should be posted in the WWE thread elsewhere on the board. I'd suggest that, but then again you can do whatever you want, doesn't matter in the long run.

stevenkmason
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon May 09, 2016 9:53 am

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by stevenkmason » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:51 am

I'm planning on making the trip next year for my first 'mania weekend and would be interested in any group rates/activities.

The Drury Inn looks like a great option!

Mr. Mojo Risin
Posts: 2141
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:37 am
Location: Wisconsin
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Yep. Going to try for this next year.

User avatar
King of Indy Style
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:50 pm
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by King of Indy Style » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:42 pm

Gonna try too. I always wanted to visit New Orleans. Love the city and the culture. The weekend of kick ass wrestling would be gravy.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:45 am

Updates:

Many hotels are now taking bookings through Wednesday, April 11, 2018. I have NOT yet fished around for group rates.

For now, I've settled on Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans - Convention Center based on walking proximity. With AAA rate, a 6-Night stay from April 5 to April 11 is $223.72 per night including taxes. (WrestleCon had 3 different hotels in 2014 that were a bit lower.)

WWE group ticket availability is still TBD. As a reminder, each individual ticket will have a $5 "convenience fee." This will be considerable savings both in hassle and money compared to buying on your own via Ticketmaster. But even more important, 100% of the "convenience fees" will be donated to carefully vetted nonprofit causes to be revealed at a later time.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:30 pm

If you think you MIGHT be coming to New Orleans, then book your hotel NOW. The best deal already sold out and other locations are gouging their rates. Do NOT wait for me to find a good group rate.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by supersonic » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:43 am

April 12th: The WWNLive Experience will return to Wrestlemania weekend in New Orleans, LA in 2018. We have already confirmed the venue. It will be at the beautiful, spacious and first rate Pontchartrain Convention Center. We will have an official announcement in the upcoming months.
This is NOT the same location as 2014.

Pros: it cannot possibly be as fucking miserable of an wrestling show experience as Tulane University's McAlister Auditorium. No event can be as shitty as the final DGUSA branded card ever on the eve of WrestleMania XX either.

Cons: much less convenient location compared to Tulane, which was reasonable driving and walking distance. This 2018 venue is about a 30 minute drive and 4 hour walk from the 2014 venue.

dhads7161
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by dhads7161 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:43 pm

supersonic wrote:
April 12th: The WWNLive Experience will return to Wrestlemania weekend in New Orleans, LA in 2018. We have already confirmed the venue. It will be at the beautiful, spacious and first rate Pontchartrain Convention Center. We will have an official announcement in the upcoming months.
This is NOT the same location as 2014.

Pros: it cannot possibly be as fucking miserable of an wrestling show experience as Tulane University's McAlister Auditorium. No event can be as shitty as the final DGUSA branded card ever on the eve of WrestleMania XX either.

Cons: much less convenient location compared to Tulane, which was reasonable driving and walking distance. This 2018 venue is about a 30 minute drive and 4 hour walk from the 2014 venue.
Unless there's a blow away EVOLVE card I'll probably skip out on WWN this year except for the tailgate party and maybe the Joey Janella show.


User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by supersonic » Fri May 19, 2017 2:06 pm

Dining suggestions added to the OP. There will not be a debate on veganism vs. non-veganism ITT.

dhads7161
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by dhads7161 » Fri May 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Chipotle as a dining option, really? Chipotle was one of the best suggestions you could make in a city located in a state known for its food? In New Orleans I want to be eating some Cajun and Creole food and somewhere that has fried alligator.

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by supersonic » Sat May 20, 2017 5:06 pm

dhads7161 wrote:Chipotle as a dining option, really? Chipotle was one of the best suggestions you could make in a city located in a state known for its food? In New Orleans I want to be eating some Cajun and Creole food and somewhere that has fried alligator.
I am a vegan and Chipotle is the only non-vegan restaurant that I'm aware of making a genuine effort to improve animal welfare and reduce environmental damage, as well as charging less for vegan burritos based on its 3-point pricing system. I won't shit on other non-vegan diners, but I won't be promoting such in the OP.

In addition, Chipotle is nonexistent in 4 states - Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, South Dakota - so tourists from those states are likely to see the experience in a bit more appreciative fashion than most of the country. I was the same way the past couple years at burger joints before I was awakened to my new lifestyle.

dhads7161
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by dhads7161 » Sat May 20, 2017 8:16 pm

supersonic wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Chipotle as a dining option, really? Chipotle was one of the best suggestions you could make in a city located in a state known for its food? In New Orleans I want to be eating some Cajun and Creole food and somewhere that has fried alligator.
I am a vegan and Chipotle is the only non-vegan restaurant that I'm aware of making a genuine effort to improve animal welfare and reduce environmental damage, as well as charging less for vegan burritos based on its 3-point pricing system. I won't shit on other non-vegan diners, but I won't be promoting such in the OP.

In addition, Chipotle is nonexistent in 4 states - Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, South Dakota - so tourists from those states are likely to see the experience in a bit more appreciative fashion than most of the country. I was the same way the past couple years at burger joints before I was awakened to my new lifestyle.
What is the difference between vegan and vegetarian? I know they're different but what is the diff?

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by supersonic » Sat May 20, 2017 8:36 pm

dhads7161 wrote:
supersonic wrote:
dhads7161 wrote:Chipotle as a dining option, really? Chipotle was one of the best suggestions you could make in a city located in a state known for its food? In New Orleans I want to be eating some Cajun and Creole food and somewhere that has fried alligator.
I am a vegan and Chipotle is the only non-vegan restaurant that I'm aware of making a genuine effort to improve animal welfare and reduce environmental damage, as well as charging less for vegan burritos based on its 3-point pricing system. I won't shit on other non-vegan diners, but I won't be promoting such in the OP.

In addition, Chipotle is nonexistent in 4 states - Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, South Dakota - so tourists from those states are likely to see the experience in a bit more appreciative fashion than most of the country. I was the same way the past couple years at burger joints before I was awakened to my new lifestyle.
What is the difference between vegan and vegetarian? I know they're different but what is the diff?
Vegetarians are meat-free but consume dairy and eggs, which still contribute to the ethical and environmental concerns directly tied with animal agriculture.

Vegans try as much as practically possible to not bring harm to animals (including humans) in any way, including food. Due to its NSFW material, I will not embed, but would suggest checking out the following video:

https://youtu.be/UcN7SGGoCNI

Many pro wrestlers have developed a vegan diet and lifestyle, including Bryan Danielson, Pete Dunne, Austin Aries, and Zack Sabre, Jr. Read more here - http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2688 ... -wrestling

dhads7161
Posts: 1408
Joined: Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm
Location: Southeast Missouri

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend I

Post by dhads7161 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:01 pm

Wonder what venue ROH will use in NOLA? Wonder if they'll run in the Alario Center again or try their luck with the larger Lakefront Arena after the success of this year's SCOH?

User avatar
supersonic
Posts: 5950
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Edgar Martinez Dr S
Contact:

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend Info)

Post by supersonic » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Observer:
New Japan has been looking into locations for running over WrestleMania weekend in 2018 in New Orleans. ROH has booked a 5,000-seat building and one would think a New Japan show with the top names over Mania weekend should be able to sell that out.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests