Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend Info)

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Supercard of Honor XII - New Orleans, LA (WM34 Weekend Info)

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TowerOfDoom wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:23 am I think Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks would be a very worthy main event for this show.

Save Cody vs Omega for all in or a later njpw show
See I think the opposite. Golden Lovers vs. Young Bucks (as cool as it would be to see that in ROH) should be in New Japan, because that's much bigger potential match to the Japanese audience than a singles match featured a guy who only parachutes into New Japan for the big shows. Cody vs. Omega is much more likely to happen in ROH.
ICHIFUJI

Post by ICHIFUJI »

But in NEW JAPAN,
Golden Lovers vs. Young Bucks = Heavy vs. Jr heavy.
So it will be better in ROH.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I agree with ICHIFUJI. Plus, New Japan was pushing Cody vs. Omega, so I can see them having that match instead of ROH.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:07 am
TowerOfDoom wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:23 am I think Golden Lovers vs Young Bucks would be a very worthy main event for this show.

Save Cody vs Omega for all in or a later njpw show
That tag match is also a necessity to compete with what'll be a loaded Takeover card.
Yeah. This match makes the most sense in ROH. The match in New Japan would be Cody & Page vs. Golden Lovers.

Then again, this assumes that The Bucks are siding against Omega, which hasn't been kayfabe established (to my knowledge).

That being said, the Bucks basically have to side with Cody if they are going to promote a show with him under the Bullet Club banner later this year.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Is Tanahashi still expected to work NOLA?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

I'm guessing Suzuki is replacing Tanahashi.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I hope tanahashi still makes it. I would love to see lethal vs tanahashi
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

You have to figure Tanahashi is going to need time off to fix his arm eventually, right?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Observer:
[Tanahashi] is still at this point scheduled for ROH and Revolution Pro over WrestleMania weekend, and after the angle was shot, New Japan had told Revolution Pro he was good to go for Mania weekend.
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Spoiler: show
Kenny Omega v. Cody was just announced at the end of the latest episode of Being the Elite for Supercard of Honor XII.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

So, watching the latest BTE show, Nick's premonition is...

OMEGA VS CODY FOR SCOH XII
WebConn

Post by WebConn »

I'm gonna be seeing this live, that I can get behind. I was expecting this match at Strong Style Evolved but I'll take it two weeks later. Jericho vs Naito must be on lock for 3/25.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:29 am So, watching the latest BTE show, Nick's premonition is...

OMEGA VS CODY FOR SCOH XII
And now corroborated from the promotion itself: http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/cody-a ... card-honor

Obviously this is a BIG get for ROH. Like, I think this might actually be the biggest match ROH has ever had, with two huge stars as hot as they've ever been, in front of a crowd that is probably going to be awed by whatever they do.

Maybe this also means that the All In main event is something different than what we've all been expecting, as intra-Bullet Club build seemed to be heading to culminate on 9/1. Not sure how they put on a bigger main event than Kenny vs. Cody, unless they want to do some WarGames-style match between the Bullet Club and whatever becomes The Elite.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Maybe they do a Golden Lovers match there? Lovers/Bucks would be big, or even Cody/Insert Member Here (I'd say Scurll) vs. Lovers.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Astonished, but pleased Omega vs. Cody happens here. Big deal match plus Tanahashi and Ibushi. Second year in a row ROH is going all out over WrestleMania weekend. Quite happy with this.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:18 pm Astonished, but pleased Omega vs. Cody happens here. Big deal match plus Tanahashi and Ibushi. Second year in a row ROH is going all out over WrestleMania weekend. Quite happy with this.
Although the biggest factors have been outside of ROH's control (Hardy Boys being brief free agents, NJPW now sending top name talent), the company deserves credit for making this event matter again on the same level as the Sapolsky era. While perhaps this era of SCOH isn't quite as snowflake-stacked (ratings obviously, not snide insults at liberals) as that past era, this matches up with the star power and buzz-generating hype that I had been demanding for years on the calendar's most important annual weekend.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I think I heard that Minoru Suzuki will be in NOLA for RevPro, I'd think it's likely he'd appear for ROH as well.