"Deforestation"

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
rovert

Re: "Deforestation"

Post by rovert »

Brada wrote: Wasn't trying to frame you as such, was just curious as to why you still invest time in the product if you are that unhappy with it.
As it still offers high level matches, I still have friends there and have been actively following since 2003 bar periods here or there.

I am not a negative poster if I hear positive news I'll post it. But it is thin on the ground these days. It isn't like I am hoarding it away. I heavily hinted at the STARDOM news as soon as I was told.

The other two need to reform their posting style not me.
DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I've got no issues with people talking about the issues ROH is having right now (Hey, it needs to be talked about, especially since certain wrestling journalists refuse to report on it), or their problems with ROH in general (I know some have compared this site to TNAMecca, but as someone who's been on this site for a few years, I can say that's far from the truth, as people on ROHWorld have been way more negative towards the ROH product over the years than people realize), but let's try to keep this from turning into a toxic environment. We don't want a repeat of what happened on the VOW forum (where the ROH thread had to be locked and restarted because it had gotten so toxic). I lost interest in posting in that thread for some time because it had gotten so bad. Again, there's nothing wrong with being negative (it usually creates healthy discussion, which is great), but a toxic environment is never good.
The thread there got toxic as time after time right story after right story King of Indy Style and monster mafia would contest me or their general petulance.
Last edited by rovert on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rovert

Post by rovert »

DBSommer wrote:
AlexROH wrote:The number of anti-ROH comments and articles is growing so fast. In most cases, like in this one, theauthor use shitty no-sense arguments. The bad thing is that a lot of people throw shit 24/7 to ROH and believe everything they read.

C'mon man! ROH isn't THAT bad. I've read people telling ROH was the worst promotion of the year. And also, during the last few days, a lot of haters went on twitter saying things like "nobody cares about ROH", "nobody watch ROH" and stuff like this. Funny thing is that Final Battle 2016 was the PPV with the highest number of purchases. Attendence numbers are growing too.
For the most part it's because it's 'the thing to do', so people do it. They think it makes them edgy or part of the 'in crowd' or whatever the latest bleeting and baaing is that makes them feel good about themselves since they're showing they're part of the herd. Mind you some people are genuine in their dislike, but usually they're smart enough for it to be 'I dislike ROH because of X, Y, and a bit of Z' as opposed to 'ROH suckz cuz Cedric was awesommme and the 'E' make him great now', despite the fact Mr. Awesome remains a footnote in the 'E'. But that goes against the 'common knowledge' of ROH being sucky, so we ignore that stuff.

That's a silly dismissal of genuine complaints from fans who have invested a lot their time and money in the company about bad/boring booking, ineffectively talent recruitment and the worst front office this side of TNA.

As well as more seedier issues.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

ROH deserves criticism for how a lot of things have gone down recently, and I have no problem with people calling them out on it.

At the same time, I don't think there's really any call for panic. I still think the product is better than any other major North American promotion (WWE/ROH/TNA/CMLL/AAA/LU) aside from Lucha Underground, and I think they're going to be just fine from an in-ring perspective as well as financially.

What needs to change is the booking, and obviously some of the talent relations and how contracts are handled. These aren't existential threats to ROH, and it's nothing compared to the challenges currently facing a lot of major promotions out there right now (AAA, TNA, Noah, AJPW, Lucha Underground).

The key here is learning from their mistakes. It's time to replace Delirious and, for the love of god, update the website and video player.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

rovert wrote: For the most part it's because it's 'the thing to do', so people do it. They think it makes them edgy or part of the 'in crowd' or whatever the latest bleeting and baaing is that makes them feel good about themselves since they're showing they're part of the herd. Mind you some people are genuine in their dislike, but usually they're smart enough for it to be 'I dislike ROH because of X, Y, and a bit of Z' as opposed to 'ROH suckz cuz Cedric was awesommme and the 'E' make him great now', despite the fact Mr. Awesome remains a footnote in the 'E'. But that goes against the 'common knowledge' of ROH being sucky, so we ignore that stuff.

That's a silly dismissal of genuine complaints from fans who have invested a lot their time and money in the company about bad/boring booking, ineffectively talent recruitment and the worst front office this side of TNA.

As well as more seedier issues.[/quote]

Um, no. Let me repeat:

'Mind you some people are genuine in their dislike, but usually they're smart enough for it to be 'I dislike ROH because of X, Y, and a bit of Z'

I specifically pointed out people who make genuine complaints, and differentiated them from the mindless trenders who are trying to be like everyone else and hating because it's the 'cool' thing to do. Was that not clear or something?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I wouldn't say it's "cool" to criticize ROH yet. It's more "cool" to not like TNA, and they get a lot more hate than ROH does. It is cool not to like Delirious, especially if you're in that whole "Twitter wrestling community" which Rovert and others are part of.

The article isn't bad. It's not very good, but it's not bad either. There are some good points, but their the same points over and over. The booking could be better, they could book better talent, they have made a lot of mistakes, etc, etc, but to say someone like ACH deserved more? ACH didn't deserve shit. He has an ego, an inflated one at that. He wanted to be "the guy" when he showed little maturity, when people ranging from Steen to The Bucks to Jay Lethal and more openly spoke about his immaturity and their annoyance with him. Even the promoter of Beyond Wrestling has called him an immature ass and has alleged ACH tried to hold him up for money. He's not competing as an anime character in Japan and the anime character he's competing as was only created to promote Tiger Mask W. So he went from being someone who ROH occasionally pushed into a main event spotlight to being a tool to get someone else over? Big step up, I applaud.
rovert

Post by rovert »

The Dragon Saga wrote:I wouldn't say it's "cool" to criticize ROH yet. It's more "cool" to not like TNA, and they get a lot more hate than ROH does. It is cool not to like Delirious, especially if you're in that whole "Twitter wrestling community" which Rovert and others are part of.

The article isn't bad. It's not very good, but it's not bad either. There are some good points, but their the same points over and over. The booking could be better, they could book better talent, they have made a lot of mistakes, etc, etc, but to say someone like ACH deserved more? ACH didn't deserve shit. He has an ego, an inflated one at that. He wanted to be "the guy" when he showed little maturity, when people ranging from Steen to The Bucks to Jay Lethal and more openly spoke about his immaturity and their annoyance with him. Even the promoter of Beyond Wrestling has called him an immature ass and has alleged ACH tried to hold him up for money. He's not competing as an anime character in Japan and the anime character he's competing as was only created to promote Tiger Mask W. So he went from being someone who ROH occasionally pushed into a main event spotlight to being a tool to get someone else over? Big step up, I applaud.
ACH is ACH but he has matured a bit since he earned his rep and New Japan DOES have plans for him. The ACH story isn't as black and white as the public narrative as there were a lot of broken promises from ROH and Delirious end which were genuine grievances. ACH's outburst at AAW came after years of frustration. Then after that ROH's office fed bogus stories to the Wrestling press as part of his vendetta. Stuff I called out at the time or stuff that over time proved to be BS.

I am not ACH's PR guy trust me. If he messes up New Japan or WWE after his fresh start from ROH I'll be the first to come down on him like a tonne of bricks. But fair is fair blame should be shared between ACH and ROH. The communication issues ROH has created a toxic situation that was unfixable hence ACH asked for a release from a guaranteed contract and had to sign a non-disparagement agreement.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

My work place has broken promises to me, but I don't go bad mouthing them in other related places of work. I definitely don't do it when in the past I have made mistakes which may have resulted in said promises being broken though. And I definitely don't do it when they assisted me in making more money outside of their workplace (how ROH provided him transport to make AAW the weekend of his cryptic outburst.)

I also have doubts over communication being "toxic". Like many others, the "impending doom" many touted for 31/12, including yourself, went off like a fart in the night. I'm aware Delirious isn't the best at communication, but I also understand that he has seven hats on and juggles them simultaneously.
rovert

Post by rovert »

The Dragon Saga wrote:My work place has broken promises to me, but I don't go bad mouthing them in other related places of work. I definitely don't do it when in the past I have made mistakes which may have resulted in said promises being broken though. And I definitely don't do it when they assisted me in making more money outside of their workplace (how ROH provided him transport to make AAW the weekend of his cryptic outburst.)
No idea about you or your circumstances.
The Dragon Saga wrote:I also have doubts over communication being "toxic". Like many others, the "impending doom" many touted for 31/12, including yourself, went off like a fart in the night.

Who are you quoting here? I never said that. It hardly went off like a fart in the night. They lost two thirds of their announce team, their World Champion for a start. There's a half dozen others to come.
The Dragon Saga wrote:I'm aware Delirious isn't the best at communication, but I also understand that he has seven hats on and juggles them simultaneously.
That's not really true these days.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Rovert, I'm not familiar with this other forum you guys talk about. How do you get all the news that you refer too? Just curious