"Deforestation"

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

"Deforestation"

Post by supersonic »

King of Indy Style

Re: "Deforestation"

Post by King of Indy Style »

Laughed the moment the author tried to pass ACH off as anything other than a spot monkey. ACH is good for nothing other than flipz and looking like a doofus. I've gone over why I hate ACH already and don't feel like saying it again, and the Cedric stuff has been done to death. And yeah ROH deserves fault for putting the title on Kyle when he hadn't signed. But this was another whiny anti-ROH piece. Surprised that the author wasn't TJ Hawke.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The number of anti-ROH comments and articles is growing so fast. In most cases, like in this one, the author use shitty no-sense arguments. The bad thing is that a lot of people throw shit 24/7 to ROH and believe everything they read.

C'mon man! ROH isn't THAT bad. I've read people telling ROH was the worst promotion of the year. And also, during the last few days, a lot of haters went on twitter saying things like "nobody cares about ROH", "nobody watch ROH" and stuff like this. Funny thing is that Final Battle 2016 was the PPV with the highest number of purchases. Attendence numbers are growing too.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

While ROH is at fault for plenty, the 3 wrestlers in the article are just as guilty as ROH for what went wrong.

ACH- I don't give a fuck what anyone says, the guy has shown no ability or growth to tell a story in the ring. Don't miss him one iota. Lio Rush is green as fuck but has more potential.

Kyle O'Reilly- Can't connect with the audience because as a face came across as whiny. I like his ring work, but a poor man's Bryan Danielson he is.

Cedric Alexander- Wasn't motivated until after he left ROH and lost 20 lbs. Not to mention had a rep for injuring guys in the ring.

I will be the first to bash ROH because of shitty, lazy booking. I will haze Koff and Delirious for letting guys go, but this article didn't do anything for me.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

sometimes i don understand the hate for the company.

is like a lot of people want roh to fail

they have a lot of issues...but some people cross the line.
rovert

Post by rovert »

King of Indy Style wrote:Laughed the moment the author tried to pass ACH off as anything other than a spot monkey. ACH is good for nothing other than flipz and looking like a doofus. I've gone over why I hate ACH already and don't feel like saying it again, and the Cedric stuff has been done to death. And yeah ROH deserves fault for putting the title on Kyle when he hadn't signed. But this was another whiny anti-ROH piece. Surprised that the author wasn't TJ Hawke.
As always.

Attack the author. Downplay the departure rinse repeat.
monster mafia wrote:sometimes i don understand the hate for the company.
I don't understand why this is your go to line.

You write off every criticism as hate
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I believe it a lot of truth in the article. However I don't think ROH is nessesary at fault. Wrestlers have been phoned it in as well as not being able to deliver top caliber matches. So I understand why you wouldn't put them in a top spot. People who think ACH is a spot monkey haven't seen his matches in NOAH, NJPW, (Excluding the dome show) Wrestlecircus, or AAW. Not to mention the matches he has against Lethal in 2014 and 2015. I honestly believe ROH is relying way too much on bullet club and NJPW and needs to start building up young talent.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

One of the goals of NXT was to drive the internet fans away from ROH and into grip of the WWE . They have succeed to a large degree . However , most of negative views of ROH are being created by bitter ex- ROH wrestler's who use social media and the mic at indy shows to bash ROH . Davy Richards , Tommaso Ciampa , Michael Elgin , Kevin Steen , Cedric Alexander , ACH and Keith Lee are all guys that are anti-ROH . In fairness most of Steen's issues were with Cornette and no one else. These guys are have all made derogatory comments about ROH . In turn that drives a small but vocal amount of fans away from ROH and toward the promotions that are currently booking the ex - ROH stars . I find Elgin's behavior to be particular strange , since he is under contract to ROH partner, NJPW.

It should be noted that many ex - ROH talents such as Roderick Strong , Mike Bennett , Eddie Edwards and Tyler Black have taken the high road after leaving. Young wrestlers could learn from the way these handle their business.

Another factor that adds fuel to the fire is several internet posters go out of their way to spread negative information and /or rumors about ROH . Of course their defense is I am just telling the truth . I guess they never heard the old adage that some things are better left unsaid . The end result is a continuation of the negative ROH narrative. .

In total , ROH attendance is growing and their business is on the upswing. Apparently a lot of fans just go to wrestling shows to have fun and could care less about inter- company politics.

However at the end of the day most of blame for the the negative buzz comes back to Delirious. It is quite clear that he does command respect from the boys and does the need management skills to run the locker room . If Adam Pearce , Tommy Dreamer or Lance Storm were in charge most of these negative events would have never occur and everything would be fine.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

The article is OK. Parts of ROH's narrative are reduced when they should be explored and others are dilated to an extent that doesn't feel in scale to its circumstances.

ROH is suffering really poor optics. I'm certain that a lot of it is due to their current staff, but I'd like to also point a finger to Sinclair for not creating its own PR team. Kevin Kelly has to do the work of at least five people, and no one can be expected to keep up like that. The internet wrestling community accelerates to investigate its current politics while the company tries to live in inertia. Though I'm sure SBG would prefer that no critical discourse existed, they are going to regret it once ROH is predictably going to mostly rely on its online services.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Memphis Mark wrote: However at the end of the day most of blame for the the negative buzz comes back to Delirious. It is quite clear that he does command respect from the boys and does the need management skills to run the locker room . If Adam Pearce , Tommy Dreamer or Lance Storm were in charge most of these negative events would have never occur and everything would be fine.
Oh yeah, Adam Pearce was really popular with the internet after having to follow up Gabe.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Memphis Mark wrote:One of the goals of NXT was to drive the internet fans away from ROH and into grip of the WWE . They have succeed to a large degree . However , most of negative views of ROH are being created by bitter ex- ROH wrestler's who use social media and the mic at indy shows to bash ROH . Davy Richards , Tommaso Ciampa , Michael Elgin , Kevin Steen , Cedric Alexander , ACH and Keith Lee are all guys that are anti-ROH . In fairness most of Steen's issues were with Cornette and no one else. These guys are have all made derogatory comments about ROH . In turn that drives a small but vocal amount of fans away from ROH and toward the promotions that are currently booking the ex - ROH stars . I find Elgin's behavior to be particular strange , since he is under contract to ROH partner, NJPW.

It should be noted that many ex - ROH talents such as Roderick Strong , Mike Bennett , Eddie Edwards and Tyler Black have taken the high road after leaving. Young wrestlers could learn from the way these handle their business.
Why should anyone give a fuck about what ex-ROH talent bitches about the company, much less give a fuck about what a wrestler's opinion is on anything?

Ric Flair and Shaun Michaels are my two all time favorite wrestlers. Do you think I am going to listen to either of these two talk about politics or religion respectively? Fuck no.

Wrestlers have massive egos. With the exception of a few, most of the shit they say is to draw attention to themselves. This industry can make you irrelevant in the blink of an eye. Why listen at all to the gospel of ACH bitching about ROH? Who fucking cares? This sheepherd mentality of hanging on the edge of these guys opinions drives me fucking batshit crazy.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

It should be noted that brooms and the ring crew sweeping with them got the biggest reaction of the night at the Atlanta TV tapings last Saturday.

I was there live and had a good time, and the crowd wasn't dead or anything till the 4th episode thanks to Bull Dempsey. But it was pretty sad and maybe telling of the current ROH product.
Brada

Post by Brada »

rovert wrote:
King of Indy Style wrote:Laughed the moment the author tried to pass ACH off as anything other than a spot monkey. ACH is good for nothing other than flipz and looking like a doofus. I've gone over why I hate ACH already and don't feel like saying it again, and the Cedric stuff has been done to death. And yeah ROH deserves fault for putting the title on Kyle when he hadn't signed. But this was another whiny anti-ROH piece. Surprised that the author wasn't TJ Hawke.
As always.

Attack the author. Downplay the departure rinse repeat.
monster mafia wrote:sometimes i don understand the hate for the company.
I don't understand why this is your go to line.

You write off every criticism as hate
Rovert,

I have a serious, legitimate question.

I preface this by saying that I first did my homework and went back to look at the majority of your posts to verify.

The majority of your posts are either negative or critical of ROH. Whether the subject be handling of talent, quality of shows, front office decisions, you continually disapprove.

If there are articles or blogs posted criticizing the product, and a poster disagrees, you are spot on with calling out their disagreement, as if you are angered that they don't agree.

Some folks are fans of the product as if it were their favorite sports team. No blog that speaks negatively to it is going to sway their opinion.

So back to my question. If you feel that negatively towards Ring of Honor, why do you continue to watch?
rovert

Post by rovert »

Brada you should give the same level of attention to monster mafia and King of Indy Style's posters and their relentless dismissiveness.

I really liked Final Battle and generally like the TV show.

You framing me as negative or critical Brada is utter nonsense when I am just factually relaying what is happening with ROH. I could go scorched earth if I wanted to but I don't. If me or others saying the company is in trouble upsets posters good as it should upset them.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

@rovert
rovert wrote:I don't understand why this is your go to line.

You write off every criticism as hate [insert whatever you're writing it off as here]
See what I did there?
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

rovert wrote:Brada you should give the same level of attention to monster mafia and King of Indy Style's posters and their relentless dismissiveness.

You framing me as negative or critical Brada is utter nonsense when I am just factually relaying what is happening with ROH. I could go scorched earth if I wanted to but I don't. If me or others saying the company is in trouble upsets posters good as it should upset them.
I’m removing some of the language you are using. The way you continue to hound monster mafia and King of Indy Style is just not fair. I’m assuming that there is pre-existing tension between all parties, but that won’t continue here. The whole forum appears impetuous when it’s just users trying to get over on one another.

And let’s call a spade by its name here. You’re definitely a negative poster. I can be as well, and I have been especially so recently (which, admittedly, is probably not so good for a mod). Your constant being called on because of it is just as ridiculous as you dragging on about monster mafia and King of Indy Style.

For the record, this is a place to talk about wrestling. If one is not happy about the ROH or another relevant product and wishes to talk about it then that is A-OK. If everyone posts using measured reasoning and plain language then we have healthy (non-trollish) conversations. Besides some of the over-defensiveness, it’s evident that rovert uses plain language and can be pretty measured.
Brada

Post by Brada »

rovert wrote:Brada you should give the same level of attention to monster mafia and King of Indy Style's posters and their relentless dismissiveness.

Wasn't trying to frame you as such, was just curious as to why you still invest time in the product if you are that unhappy with it.

With today's announcement of the NJPW waste of space coming to Orlando, I will take dibs on the front of the disgruntled line on that subject.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I've got no issues with people talking about the issues ROH is having right now (Hey, it needs to be talked about, especially since certain wrestling journalists refuse to report on it), or their problems with ROH in general (I know some have compared this site to TNAMecca, but as someone who's been on this site for a few years, I can say that's far from the truth, as people on ROHWorld have been way more negative towards the ROH product over the years than people realize), but let's try to keep this from turning into a toxic environment. We don't want a repeat of what happened on the VOW forum (where the ROH thread had to be locked and restarted because it had gotten so toxic). I lost interest in posting in that thread for some time because it had gotten so bad. Again, there's nothing wrong with being negative (it usually creates healthy discussion, which is great), but a toxic environment is never good.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

The bottom line in the article for me is the opinion of the writer is his own and he is entitled to it.

I think it is fair to view wrestling with the an analytical and critical eye, if you choose to. And then, if you do choose to and share that opinion, understand that there will be almost always two sides to that coin.

I think it is with false hope for anyone to compare the ROH of today vs. the ROH of previous eras.

The whole wrestling landscape has changed and perhaps, because ROH is run more like a business and less like a wrestling promotion, that is why the backlash exists.

If this board is only for the homer fan boys to rally cry behind the promotion, then it is short-sighted. I hope that isn't the case I have recently attempted to get active here and rekindle following ROH with more purpose.

I am all over the place with my stream of thoughts here but I do think it will be really telling as to what ROH chooses to do with Marty Scurll, Will Ospreay and others this year as to whether or not they have learned from past shortcomings and talent (mis)use.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

AlexROH wrote:The number of anti-ROH comments and articles is growing so fast. In most cases, like in this one, theauthor use shitty no-sense arguments. The bad thing is that a lot of people throw shit 24/7 to ROH and believe everything they read.

C'mon man! ROH isn't THAT bad. I've read people telling ROH was the worst promotion of the year. And also, during the last few days, a lot of haters went on twitter saying things like "nobody cares about ROH", "nobody watch ROH" and stuff like this. Funny thing is that Final Battle 2016 was the PPV with the highest number of purchases. Attendence numbers are growing too.
For the most part it's because it's 'the thing to do', so people do it. They think it makes them edgy or part of the 'in crowd' or whatever the latest bleeting and baaing is that makes them feel good about themselves since they're showing they're part of the herd. Mind you some people are genuine in their dislike, but usually they're smart enough for it to be 'I dislike ROH because of X, Y, and a bit of Z' as opposed to 'ROH suckz cuz Cedric was awesommme and the 'E' make him great now', despite the fact Mr. Awesome remains a footnote in the 'E'. But that goes against the 'common knowledge' of ROH being sucky, so we ignore that stuff.