Official Manhattan Mayhem VI Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Official Manhattan Mayhem VI Thread

Post by monster mafia »

Fan demand for Ring of Honor live events is at an all-time high across the globe. With ROH’s biggest year to date in the books, we turn an eye to 2017 and the Big Apple. One of the most popular classic events makes it triumphant return in ROH’s most popular venue: on Saturday, March 4, MANHATTAN MAYHEM returns to the Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom!

Already Signed…

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD CHAMPION ADAM COLE (IF CHAMPION) vs. BOBBY FISH

INTERNATIONAL DREAM MATCH
WILL OSPREAY vs. DRAGON LEE

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON) vs. JAY WHITE & LIO RUSH

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
“THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL vs. SONJAY DUTT

GRUDGE MATCH
DALTON CASTLE w/THE BOYS vs. COLT CABANA

PLUS
ROH 6-MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: THE KINGDOM (MATT TAVEN, TK O'RYAN & VINNIE MARSEGLIA)
“AMERICAN NIGHTMARE” CODY
JAY LETHAL
MARK & JAY BRISCOE
THE REBELLION (CAPRICE COLEMAN, KENNY KING & RHETT TITUS)
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN)
SILAS YOUNG
AND MORE!
Last edited by monster mafia on Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Manhattan Mayhem VI Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Adam Cole vs. Bobby Fish is an interesting match. They had a match at Aftershock Tour: Hopkins in the Summer of 2015 that I thought was really good, but I'm not so sure this time around. It could be great, but I could easily see it being a ***-***1/4 affair.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I really want to try to make this show.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Fish is one of the most consistent wrestlers that ROH has but for all his suposed complains about being used wrong this is his chance to prove he can have more than solid/good matches and deserves to be top guy in the company.

Dragon Lee vs Ospreay should be nuts, good pick doing it now instead of Final Battle because that match can help to sell tickets here and Final Battle was going to sell out regardless.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

New match announced. This feel fresh and should be great:

an demand for Ring of Honor live events is at an all-time high across the globe. With ROH’s biggest year to date in the books, we turn an eye to 2017 and the Big Apple. One of the most popular classic events makes it triumphant return in ROH’s most popular venue: on Saturday, March 4, MANHATTAN MAYHEM returns to the Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom!

All of your favorite ROH stars will be there in a night of in-your-face, hard-hitting action that only Ring of Honor can deliver! Final Battle 2016 sold out in a matter of hours and all signs point to Manhattan Mayhem selling out, too. To get the best seats, be sure to get your tickets now!

The ROH Executive Committee has been working around the clock to sign the biggest matches to commemorate this event’s return to the Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom. With unprecedented fan demand, THE YOUNG BUCKS have signed to defend their ROH World Tag Team Championships against two of the best young stars in the world who took them to the limit in San Antonio!

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS THE YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON) vs. JAY WHITE & LIO RUSH

At Undisputed Legacy in San Antonio, a capacity crowd saw the Bullet Club team of ROH World Champion Adam Cole, Hangman Page, and the ROH World Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks systematically isolate members of Search and Destroy until just one man was left: Lio Rush.

The 2016 Top Prospect Tournament Winner showed no fear as he went head on with all four Bullet Club members, buying enough time for Jay White to recover and help turn the tide of the match. The two rekindled a chemistry they found last summer in Las Vegas against the Briscoes and nearly defeated Bullet Club four on two.

The moral victory wasn’t satisfactory enough for Rush and White – they interrupted Matt and Nick Jackson while the two were speaking to ROHWrestling.com and issued a challenge. And the Bucks, the men with both the ROH World Tag Team Championships and their own Superkick Party Tag Team Championships, are never ones to back down from a challenge.

White and Rush have only tagged in a 2-on-2 match once before but have gained chemistry in six- and eight-man tag action. With White unbeaten in singles competition and Rush having taken the ROH World Champion to within centimeters of becoming the new champion, White and Rush are two of the fastest rising stars in the world and have the element of surprise on their side.

Are the ROH World Tag Team Champions in jeopardy in Manhattan? White and Rush have a golden opportunity in the City That Never Sleeps! But it won’t be that easy: The Young Bucks’ record speaks for itself and the momentum is on their side after a 2-out-of-3 falls victory over the Briscoes in Dallas. The Young Bucks are arrogant and brash but must be careful not to discount White and Rush. And having been in the ring against them in San Antonio, they have seen firsthand that White and Rush can put them away in the blink of an eye! Join us in the Big Apple when the tag team titles are on the line!
Brada

Post by Brada »

This match could steal the show. I really hope the psychology is too stay somewhat up tempo with Rush and White controlling the pace. If so, it should be fun.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Damn! That match sounds GREAT. Excited for that. The Manhattan Mayhem card is shaping up incredibly, even with 3 matches announced. And there's still matches for Scurll, Cody, Lethal and The Briscoes that need to be announced!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

1. Who are "Search and Destroy?"

2. So Jay White goes undefeated in singles matches for seven months and can't get a title shot, but now ROH management has decides that he and Lio Rush have "developed chemistry" so they're being given a tag title shot even though they've never actually won a match as a tag team. In other words, THE RESULTS OF THE MATCHES DON'T MEAN SH*T. So why should I pay to see the matches or care about what happens in them?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Search and Destroy I believe are the team of the MCMG and Jay White
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

I was thinking about this tag team match a few weeks ago as a possibility for this show, and I had a crazy idea. Why not do a shock title change here, and then have The Young Bucks regain the titles at the PPV? It's probably unlikely, but then again, it's Manhattan Mayhem, so anything could happen.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I was thinking about this tag team match a few weeks ago as a possibility for this show, and I had a crazy idea. Why not do a shock title change here, and then have The Young Bucks regain the titles at the PPV? It's probably unlikely, but then again, it's Manhattan Mayhem, so anything could happen.
I was thinking the same. We need more "surprise" title changes on VOD show. Plus, White/Rush will be some fresh air.
K.O.

Post by K.O. »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:I was thinking about this tag team match a few weeks ago as a possibility for this show, and I had a crazy idea. Why not do a shock title change here, and then have The Young Bucks regain the titles at the PPV?
I guess my best answer as to why not is first that the Bucks initial title reign barely lasted two months and had zero successful defenses while this current reign will barely be at the five month point as of this show. If you want to bill the Bucks as the best tag team in wrestling, you can't keep giving them quick reigns, and especially as is the case here, you can't have them dropping the straps to a team that has never even won a match as a duo.

Also, they just hotshotted the TV title on the UK shows, and just hotshotted the world title at Final Battle/WK11. A quick meaningless reign to introduce Ospreay and a quick reign to pay off the O'Reilly build are one thing, doing it again here with the tag titles would come off as overkill to me.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Seems like VOD shows have been trending upward in quality since Reach for the Sky tour.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Another Manhattan Mayhem match will be announced tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/ ... 5215185921
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

dhads7161 wrote:Seems like VOD shows have been trending upward in quality since Reach for the Sky tour.
Yes, at least they are putting on great cards. Btw, we all knew Manhattan Mayhem was going to have a great card, it's the Hammerstein Ballroom, they need great matches for selling out the bulding.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wow, Marty vs Sonjay Dutt sounds great.

Fan demand for Ring of Honor live events is at an all-time high across the globe. With ROH’s biggest year to date in the books, we turn an eye to 2017 and the Big Apple. One of the most popular classic events makes it triumphant return in ROH’s most popular venue: on Saturday, March 4, MANHATTAN MAYHEM returns to the Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom!

All of your favorite ROH stars will be there in a night of in-your-face, hard-hitting action that only Ring of Honor can deliver! Final Battle 2016 sold out in a matter of hours and all signs point to Manhattan Mayhem selling out, too. To get the best seats, be sure to get your tickets now!

The ROH Executive Committee has been working around the clock to sign the biggest matches to commemorate this event’s return to the Manhattan Center’s Hammerstein Ballroom. Due to unprecedented fan demand, the ROH Executive Committee is stacking the card with championship matches. And a ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP bout has been signed!

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION “THE VILLAIN” MARTY SCURLL (if still champion) vs. SONJAY DUTT

Sonjay Dutt makes his return to Ring of Honor in Manhattan with a golden opportunity! Dutt will face whomever the champion will be at Manhattan Mayhem. Since last competing in the Ring of Honor World Championship tournament in 2013, Dutt has competed around the globe, racking up championship after championship, grabbing the attention of the ROH Executive Committee.

Standing between Dutt having an opportunity at current champion “The Villain” Marty Scurll is 6’7” Donovan Dijak! Should Dijak emerge victorious at Steel City Excellence on Saturday February 11, Dutt will battle the 2015 Top Prospect winner for the ROH World Television Championship in the heart of the Big Apple!

“The Villain” proudly proclaimed at Saturday Night at Center Stage that he believed he has defeated every challenger Ring of Honor could put in front of him. Since making that declaration, ROH stars have lined up to take their best shot at Scurll. And word has gotten out in the wrestling world – Dutt will answer the challenge at Manhattan Mayhem! In a classic case of “be careful what you wish for”, should Scurll defeat Dijak, he will have to turn around and face Dutt in NYC!
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Marty Scurll (c) vs. Sonjay Dutt for the title.

I used to really enjoy Sonjay, so it’s somewhat great to see him back (although it’s another mid-thirties worker coming into ROH). Is he still able to perform highly?