Official Manhattan Mayhem VI Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Manhattan Mayhem VI Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Very interesting to see Sonjay Dutt making an appearance in ROH, especially considering his recent visit to the WWE Performance Center as a guest trainer (plus, he always seems connected to Jeff Jarrett in some way).
Brada

Post by Brada »

Yeah I thought Jarrett and Dutt were real tight. I'm shocked he hasn't already been signed by TNA. So I guess Global Force is already RIP? Wow, nice job Jeff. I bet those investors are thrilled.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Sonjay Dutt?

Really?
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Sonjay Dutt and Jay Lethal are best friends. Anyway ROH is going to need some veterans help develop younger talent.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

You already have a shit load of veterans around.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Brada wrote:Yeah I thought Jarrett and Dutt were real tight. I'm shocked he hasn't already been signed by TNA. So I guess Global Force is already RIP? Wow, nice job Jeff. I bet those investors are thrilled.
I could be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Sonjay Dutt is (or was, at least) office staff for GFW.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

ROH pulls off a coup by bringing in Sonjay after he coaches at the performance center. The ROH/New Japan combo wins against WWE yet again. You have this and New Japan taking OTT from WWE last week. Look for more moves soon. I bet Kyle O'Reilly is apart of the New Japan cup. I also War Machine to be the main heavyweight team in New Japan now that Lance Archer is injured.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

If ROH "stealing" Sonjay Dutt in 2017 is a win against the evil empire of WWE, this is the saddest promotional war ever.

And Dutt could always go right back to WWE anyway.
rovert

Post by rovert »

Roque11 wrote:ROH pulls off a coup by bringing in Sonjay after he coaches at the performance center. The ROH/New Japan combo wins against WWE yet again. You have this and New Japan taking OTT from WWE last week. Look for more moves soon. I bet Kyle O'Reilly is apart of the New Japan cup. I also War Machine to be the main heavyweight team in New Japan now that Lance Archer is injured.
Cool gimmick post
Brada

Post by Brada »

JTCole wrote:If ROH "stealing" Sonjay Dutt in 2017 is a win against the evil empire of WWE, this is the saddest promotional war ever.
I actually laughed out loud. Nice work JTCole.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Roque11 wrote:ROH pulls off a coup by bringing in Sonjay after he coaches at the performance center. The ROH/New Japan combo wins against WWE yet again. You have this and New Japan taking OTT from WWE last week. Look for more moves soon. I bet Kyle O'Reilly is apart of the New Japan cup. I also War Machine to be the main heavyweight team in New Japan now that Lance Archer is injured.
That's cute.

Fucking LOL at ROH """stealing""" Dutt (from GFW ?) being some kind of big deal and a major dent in WWE's masterplan somehow. Also I'd be more concerned about the fact that they're feeding outside talent and guys on their way out (or rumored to be anyway) to Scurll, which most likely means ROH has no confidence that he's going to stay when his opt-out clause kicks in. But yeah sure, TAKE THAT WWE !!!
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Roque11 wrote:ROH pulls off a coup by bringing in Sonjay after he coaches at the performance center.
Whaaat? This is about as threatening as going to war against a tank on a horse.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Roque11 wrote:ROH pulls off a coup by bringing in Sonjay after he coaches at the performance center.
Whaaat? This is about as threatening as going to war against a tank on a horse.
Or bringing a knife to an AR-15 battle.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

JTCole wrote:If ROH "stealing" Sonjay Dutt in 2017 is a win against the evil empire of WWE, this is the saddest promotional war ever.

And Dutt could always go right back to WWE anyway.
Post of the Year Candidate.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I think I'm starting to lean towards a Cody/Lethal rematch being here rather than at the PPV. Since there's gonna already be a Street Fight, I don't think they'd have two no rules matches on the same PPV.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Yep, I said the same thing in the PPV Thread. If Lethal-Cody Street Fight is finally in NYC, the card would be One of the most interesting things in recent months.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I think I am becoming a fan of the Cody-Lethal program at this point. The booking has seemed half way logical. I am hoping that they keep Cody without a loss until Lethal is the one to hand him one.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:I think I am becoming a fan of the Cody-Lethal program at this point. The booking has seemed half way logical. I am hoping that they keep Cody without a loss until Lethal is the one to hand him one.
I will second that. I am really digging Cody's heel work a lot. He seems to be enjoying himself. Him and Lethal look to have natural chemistry in the ring. Definitely one of the bright spots in the promotion is this feud.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Brada wrote:I think I am becoming a fan of the Cody-Lethal program at this point. The booking has seemed half way logical. I am hoping that they keep Cody without a loss until Lethal is the one to hand him one.
Yeah it's certainly coming together and Cody has a very natural feel to him as a heel, his face just screams i'm a good looking prick, hate me. They both can get the crowd to buy into each of them, which is obviously massively important. I hope that with the Florida crowd being behind Lethal (I believe he would be the home town guy) it will really create a strong heel/face dynamic for the match.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Agreed. It just comes across as a feud with some old school flavor to it. Lethal coming out in jeans rather than ring gear to throw blows with Cody while he is making the Bucks entrance announcement. Cody with the money making references. Just some particulars that give it a Crockett 80's feel to it. Maybe some Dusty influence there as well, who knows.

Either way, I like it.