How Long Have You Been An ROH Fan?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Indynut

How Long Have You Been An ROH Fan?

Post by Indynut »

I have since 2002. Since the days of Low-Ki, Xavier, Amazing Red, & many others.
ROHfan2002

Re: How Long Have You Been An ROH Fan?

Post by ROHfan2002 »

Started up with ROH right in the beginning in 2002. Got the first videotape through RF Video. At the time had quit wrestling after WCW and ECW closed. ROH got me back in. Was a fan through October 2007, owning every single show they did. Stopped until late September 2011 when SBG era of ROH TV started. Liked the initial shows so much I ordered Final Battle on iPPV. Been a fan since, outside of one brief period in late 2014. Have gotten every PPV since Death Before Dishonor 2015. In 2016 I also ordered every single VOD event, and watch the TV show every week. Just recently re-upped my Ringside Membership to the annual version. Plan to keep getting the PPV and VOD events throughout this year, as ROH is my favorite wrestling promotion.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I watched some HDNet episodes in 2009, but regularly I watch ROH since The Big Bang in 2010. So it's almost 7 years :)
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

I'm another Day 1 fan. Heard about the company as a subscriber to RF Video's newsletter, and I still have those early shows on VHS.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Reaper G wrote:I'm another Day 1 fan. Heard about the company as a subscriber to RF Video's newsletter, and I still have those early shows on VHS.
Nice!! You still have a VCR to play those on?

I have 2 years worth of RAW and Smackdown with commercials edited out during Attitude era on VHS...wonder if that's worth anything?
Reaper G

Post by Reaper G »

Brada wrote:
Reaper G wrote:I'm another Day 1 fan. Heard about the company as a subscriber to RF Video's newsletter, and I still have those early shows on VHS.
Nice!! You still have a VCR to play those on?

I have 2 years worth of RAW and Smackdown with commercials edited out during Attitude era on VHS...wonder if that's worth anything?
My VHS player is broken, but I can get one at Goodwill eventually.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

Fan since Day 1.

Learned of the promotion via the RF Video updates and with a buddy and my Dad, decided to trek to Philly for the first show from Michigan.

That was amazing and such a cool experience.

Since that time, I have been to over 75 shows around the country and would consider myself a diehard ROH fan from 2002 until the sale to SBG. After that, I still regularly follow the shows and the promotion but not with the same passion I had when they where indie.

Still here today because it is a destination promotion and features some incredible talent.
Duke of Bridgewater

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

I think it was in 2010.
After watching a lot of wrestling in the 1990's, I stopped to watch Sports Entertainment completely in the early 2000's, knowing close to nothing about independent wrestling at this time.

This changed in a hurry in 2009, when I discovered SHIMMER. After watching all of their available shows, I was looking for other promotions where the girls wrestled. So I came across the Straight Shootin' "The Women of Honor" DVD, featuring Allison Danger, Daizee Haze and Lacey.

Besides the very interesting interview, where they put over ROH strong, there have been three nice matches. So I figured "if even the dark matches are so good, how great must the women's matches on the main shows be?" Unfortunately, when I bought my first ROH event I was in for a huge disappointment, finding out how litte time the women got from the booker.

When Sinclair took over, it got even worse, so I'm still not really a fan, just a customer looking for matches I like.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mid 2008. I read about the Age of the Fall debut on Wikipedia and then had to go learn more aout it, so I began reading old results on the message board.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Late 2007. When Punk debuted in WWE, he quickly became my favorite. So after reading up on him, I found out about the Independent Scene. Learned about some people. So fast forward a year, and I keep hearing about ROH. And I saw that Punk spent time there, and I kept hearing about how great it was, how amazing it was, how that first Ladder Match was one of, if not the greatest Ladder Match ever. I decided I gotta go. So I looked up the website, saw a show in NYC was coming up got tickets. Glory By Honor 6 Night 2, which featured Mistuharu Misawa defending the GHC Heavyweight Championship vs KENTA, been hooked ever since. With the exception of some double shots, the only NYC show Ive missed since then was the first Field of Honor, I was away for my Brother-In-Law's Bachelor Party.
JShmoopy

Post by JShmoopy »

I'm late to the independent scene, just getting interested in the last 2-3 years. I remember watching RoH on HDNet many years ago and seeing a young Bryan Danielson and Tyler Black before they became Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins, but it's hazy. I remember the announcers annoyed me, but it was good wrestling so I watched it. At that time I was really jaded with WWE and not even watching wrestling at all. I think I became a big fan after seeing RoH live back in 2014. A friend and I bought tickets on a whim because they were $20 and we had a great time. We've been back every time since. We don't usually get any big shows here in Milwaukee, but they are always a great time.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Watched most of the 2007 PPV's but fell off till Glory by Honor 2010 with Tyler Black's final match.

Oh the days when chanting NXT was used as a mocking term.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I started watching wrestling back in 2007. My first contact with ROH was in 2010. I was watching NXT Season One and everybody was hyped with Daniel Bryan. I searched his name on the internet and I saw some of his work in ROH that everybody was talking gold about. From 2010 to 2013 I read a lot of things about ROH and watched a ton of matches. However, it was in 2013 when I stopped watching WWE and started to see every ROH show until the point of becoming my favourite wrestling promotion in the world.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Been with them since day 1 in 2002
Used to run the ROH Livejournal
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Day 1 fan also,

Thanks mainly to a fantastic wrestling magazine over here in the UK called Power Slam magazine, it thankfully covered the first event few events (with some great photography). I was a big Fliesch fan at the time and with the other UK contingent it gave me another reason to keep track of ROH in the beginning and get me hooked even just through articles, interviews etc. When the dvd's were first started to be distributed it killed my wallet due but it was well worth it considering how the promotion took off and what happened along the way. I think in many ways ROH saved my passion for wrestling, at the time ROH came around the WWE had sapped a lot of it or just didn't offer what I really needed at the time but thankfully it came along and gave me everything i wanted out of wrestling.
Brada

Post by Brada »

October 19, 2007 was my first live show when Hero won SOTF in Vegas...

First heard about ROH when I saw Cabana online doing Gangsta Boogie, hooked ever since.