reDRagon: Favorite Matches & Memories

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

reDRagon: Favorite Matches & Memories

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So will Kyle O'Reilly seemingly done with the company, this ends the reign of arguably the greatest tag team in ROH history not named The Briscoes. The stats alone back this up, as the team held the ROH World Tag Team Titles three (3) times over 673 days with a combined 28 successful title defenses. The team also held the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Titles on two occasions. They pretty much dominated the tag team scene in ROH for the better part of three years (2013-2015). Not only that, but from an in-ring standpoint, they've had so many memorable matches in there time together in ROH. What started as a (kayfabe) rib on Davey Richards turned into one of the most decorated tag teams in the history of ROH. I figured I would start a thread so we can all share our favorite reDRagon matches and moments.

As far as matches go, I think the obvious standout is their second match with The Young Bucks at War Of The Worlds 2014. To this day, it's the greatest match I've ever seen live, and it's still one of my all-time favorite ROH matches.

With regards to their characters, I don't think enough attention is given to the fact that this pairing brought so much charisma out of these guys. Before they were paired together towards the end of 2012, would anyone have guessed that these two would become some of the most charismatic guys in the company (particularly as heels)? They transformed from being "just great wrestlers" into guys who excelled on both sides of the spectrum.

Also, in a funnier note, I always found their fashion to be hilarious, particularly when they were heels. Seeing them in those ridiculous outfits always got a chuckle from.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: reDRagon: Favorite Matches & Memories

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Without a doubt, The War Of The Worlds match against The Young Bucks. Thoroughly enjoyed their matches against them, The Time Splitters, Forever Hooligans, fuck I can go on and on. I thought they shined their best as heels. One of my favorite tag teams of the past decade.

What makes this so difficult to swallow is that a reunion of this tag team will most likely never happen. What a fucking shame.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Excellent heel work for sure. Great match with Bucks at WOTW..one for the record books no doubt
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Their feud with the Bucks was awesome. I would say that their debut in Japan, during the G1 Climax 24 finals was great too. They looked big against the Time Splitters.