Who will join Kevin Kelly on comentary?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Who will join Kevin Kelly on comentary?

Post by AlexROH »

Steve Corino is going to WWE and he was with Kevin Kelly at the commentary table for the last time at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 11. Now the question is, who will join Kevin Kelly on comentary? Nigel McGuinness is out too. Maybe Ian Ricabonni?

Kelly is going to Japan in February for doing english commentary in the New Beginning shows, when I asked him about a possible partner, he said this:

monster mafia

Re: Who will join Kevin Kelly on comentary?

Post by monster mafia »

josh barnett maybe.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Well, wait...

If San Antonio and Dallas are 2/3 and 2/4 and Sapporo is 2/5, realistically, won't Kevin Kelly have to leave a day or two in advance and miss Texas? If you shuffle the commentary deck around, I would assume Riccaboni fills in for Kelly in Texas with ??? and then ????? goes to Japan. Rocky Romero and Yoshi Tatsu have sat in with Kelly before for individual matches and full shows. Is Billy Gunn over there close to full time, now? I could see him sitting in in Sapporo.

There's a few interesting choices for Japan. But who will be there in Texas? Looking at the schedule, they might be down to 0 known quantities, there.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:Well, wait...

If San Antonio and Dallas are 2/3 and 2/4 and Sapporo is 2/5, realistically, won't Kevin Kelly have to leave a day or two in advance and miss Texas? If you shuffle the commentary deck around, I would assume Riccaboni fills in for Kelly in Texas with ??? and then ????? goes to Japan. Rocky Romero and Yoshi Tatsu have sat in with Kelly before for individual matches and full shows. Is Billy Gunn over there close to full time, now? I could see him sitting in in Sapporo.

There's a few interesting choices for Japan. But who will be there in Texas? Looking at the schedule, they might be down to 0 known quantities, there.
I mean, they could always do commentary in post-production. It's not like these shows in Texas are TV Tapings or PPVs.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:
FanSinceHDNet wrote:Well, wait...

I mean, they could always do commentary in post-production. It's not like these shows in Texas are TV Tapings or PPVs.
Aggg plase no. I hate post-production commentary. I remember Kelly and Corino doing it at SCOH IX. It sounded bad as fuck. On the other hand, if Kelly is out, nobody is available for doing commentary.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Riccaboni will be. They'll probably put a veteran like Whitmer or Daniels with him on color commentary.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I am available to fill in on the Texas loop. I do have experience on commentary with Kelly. If ROH were so inclined to bring in the new voice of Cleburne Railroaders baseball, I am offering up my services those 2 nights, the office can call me, they know the number.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Riccaboni with Shelley, Whitmer and Daniels - most likely in some combination seems like the best bet for those Texas shows.

I actually really liked Whitmer on commentary for the WOH matches with Ian.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Not to toot my own horn, but my I think I am a way better option than Riccaboni....I would welcome anyone to judge for themselves. You can find some of my past work on the WWE Network. I would invite network subscribers to go to Wrestlemania 17 to view a brief clip of my work with Kevin Kelly.That short clip should sway more than a few..lol.
ROHfan2002

Post by ROHfan2002 »

I like Riccaboni a lot. I also like Whitmer as a color guy, if he quits this whole devil bullshit, I'd put him in the Corino spot. Have him finally give respect to Steve and that passes the torch.

IF not either of those, I don't know. Alex Shelley has done well on the VOD's at times, but if he's still wrestling you probably don't want him doing both.

Interesting to see who they go with. They definitely need a full time color guy for TV and PPV though, and not just a series of subs. Could a Scarlett Bordeaux pull it off?