Colt Cabana Podcast

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Brada

Colt Cabana Podcast

Post by Brada »

Anyone ever check any of these out?

I just listened to the Bobby Fish episode, which is my first time to hear one....not bad.

Any familiar listeners have any to recommend?
SweetDaddy

Re: Colt Cabana Podcast

Post by SweetDaddy »

The Jay Lethal one is good.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I heard the preview of that one, with Lethal doing the Jimmy Hart, which was freaking awesome. Ill give that one a listen....thanks for the tip...
iceman311

Post by iceman311 »

Honestly there all good. Its not your typical "shoot and shit on everyone" podcast. Just two dudes talking. It's good listening..
Brada

Post by Brada »

iceman311 wrote:Honestly there all good. Its not your typical "shoot and shit on everyone" podcast. Just two dudes talking. It's good listening..

Yeah, I think that is what I enjoyed about the one with Bobby Fish....it came across like they were just hanging out shooting the breeze.....I liked it for sure. Going to check that Jay Lethal one out before I leave work tonight for sure.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Colt makes fun of the gap in Jay's teeth.
Brada

Post by Brada »

lol....i bet it will be good...about to start it now.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Lethal was damn good. Better than the Fish episode.
rovert

Post by rovert »

iceman311 wrote:Honestly there all good. Its not your typical "shoot and shit on everyone" podcast. Just two dudes talking. It's good listening..
Yeah a bad interview is rare. Not the most at ease at interviewing women and the panel interviews often aren't the best but otherwise after years and years it is still a good series to the point the podcast is underrated these days.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I thought the Truth Martini episode was really memorable. He tells a GREAT story about the Global Wars in 2015 and trying to get into Canada for the Toronto shows.
iceman311

Post by iceman311 »

rovert wrote:
Yeah a bad interview is rare. Not the most at ease at interviewing women and the panel interviews often aren't the best but otherwise after years and years it is still a good series to the point the podcast is underrated these days.
Totally agree and its very underrated. I feel like Colt was the pioneer on the wrestling podcast but I could be wrong.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

iceman311 wrote:
rovert wrote:
Totally agree and its very underrated. I feel like Colt was the pioneer on the wrestling podcast but I could be wrong.
He definitely was one of the first wrestlers to do it. But he wasn't the first wrestling related podcast on the net.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Jim Cornette has a good one too.
Brada

Post by Brada »

He has really got quite a few names to be on his show....impressive..
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Cornette's is entertaining for his rants, but he often says controversial things just to get some buzz so that people will listen. He often finds ways to attack things that aren't there. If nobody is talking about him for awhile he'll just say one day, "like when I told that fat motherfucker Kevin Steen to lose some weight", yadda, yadda, yadda, and then you've Steen himself or The Bucks or someone taking shots at Cornette on Twitter and next thing you know for seven minutes again he's relevant for all of five minutes.

Cabana's are often very good. I enjoyed his ones with Kevin, actually, especially the one where they discuss Colt's problems with ROH and how he was asked to come back to be part of SCUM.
Thomas Bobo

Post by Thomas Bobo »

This podcast is must listen for me, each and every week.

Love the stories and insight shared.

The Cody Rhodes episode was incredibly strong and I highly recommend.
Rich of Honor

Post by Rich of Honor »

I really enjoy listening to the AOW show almost weekly. Recently, he has had a lot of ROH talent on the show, including both Rowe and Hanson, which were really good episodes. I believe he also had Kenny King on not too long ago and I would imagine his work with ROH will continue to give him the chance to speak to more of the talent he's working with.
trufreedom

Post by trufreedom »

The AOW, like ROH, was far more relevant in 2011.