A Question for All of the Insider-Types

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

A Question for All of the Insider-Types

Post by Big Red Machine »

Can any of you tell me why this Corino/Whitmer/Sullivan/Martinez bullsh*t was allowed to continue for as long as it was despite being universally shat upon?
Wilson

Re: A Question for All of the Insider-Types

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote:Can any of you tell me why this Corino/Whitmer/Sullivan/Martinez bullsh*t was allowed to continue for as long as it was despite being universally shat upon?
Furthermore, does Johnston really abhor us that much and find us deserving of this bitter fruit?

Was this booklash?
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Big Red Machine wrote:Can any of you tell me why this Corino/Whitmer/Sullivan/Martinez bullsh*t was allowed to continue for as long as it was despite being universally shat upon?
Final Battle 2015 would have been a perfect time to tie everything together and they did have a really good match at Best in the World 2016. It also made Whitmer get nuclear heat and showed that he could talk pretty well.

That being said, seems like they took a risk creatively adding Sullivan that didn't really pay off. That, unfortunately, killed the one thing that was a true benefit of all of this, Whitmer breaking out as a top heat-getting heel. That, in turn, took what could have been an interesting team of Whitmer and Martinez or Whitmer as a mentor to Martinez and neutered that pretty well.

If this was the plan all along, it would have been better had the original timeline been condensed. I think BJ blew out his ACL and Corino hurt his neck during the original build, no?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

It goes back to the Decade with Whitmer taking Page under his wing and that was going pretty well at the time. Hell, I actually thought that Page was going to go for the TV title and beat Roddy at FB2015 to end this storyline with Whitmer and Page having the last laugh on Roddy.

But of course not, that would have been productive and we don't want that.

Instead, Briscoe just beat him like any random enhancement talent after that ACH feud, then he went on a fucking losing streak (aka the only thing Delirious knows) because Whitmer was too busy playing MINDGAMES with Corino and his son, then turned face pretty much out of nowhere to join Corino but not really, then turned back heel also out of nowhere to... be the Bullet Club fall guy, which means he's back to square one when he was a young boy in the Decade ALMOST THREE YEARS AGO.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

BJ Whitmer 2015= nuclear heat.
BJ Whitmer 2016= no heat.
Brada

Post by Brada »

and that is a damn shame in my opinion...