Kyle O'Reilly not signed

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Kyle O'Reilly not signed

Post by monster mafia »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

That's actually pretty cool that he got to come back to his local promotion. Hopefully him winning this title means that he'll at least be sticking around on the indies for a little bit (if he is ultimately WWE bound).
iceman311

Post by iceman311 »

I would go Marty Scurll over Will Ospreay any day, all day. As for as Kyle O'Reilly goes, I honestly could care less if he stays or goes. I have never been a fan of his since the days of Future Shock. I always thought Cole was going to be the star of that tag team. When Kyle won the ROH World Title I really didn't feel excited but I wasn't really against it either. It was just whatever. 
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Rovert, does O'Reilly coming home signal a parallel to Devitt coming home before WWE?
WHG

Post by WHG »

Scurll over Ospreay as champion is an easy call. Not to mention, he's 10 times more committed to ROH than Will. Marty
left Evolve and chose to come to ROH for the TV platform. He does have a six month out clause, but assuming he's getting a big push and has the freedom creatively he wants, there's no reason to think he's not sticking around.

Ospreay admitted that part of the reason he's in ROH is he didn't want to piss New Japan off.

Scurll has some buzz and is an all around performer. Ospreay is amazing, but isn't nearly as good a talker.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

WHG wrote:Scurll over Ospreay as champion is an easy call. Not to mention, he's 10 times more committed to ROH than Will. Marty
left Evolve and chose to come to ROH for the TV platform. He does have a six month out clause, but assuming he's getting a big push and has the freedom creatively he wants, there's no reason to think he's not sticking around.

Ospreay admitted that part of the reason he's in ROH is he didn't want to piss New Japan off.

Scurll has some buzz and is an all around performer. Ospreay is amazing, but isn't nearly as good a talker.
While I prefer in ring Will over Marty, I concur about the mic skills. In either case you win. (And I'm delighted to say Marty has finally grown on me after a lukewarm start in his first 4-5 matches I saw of him in various promotions). I think it was him and Zack in IPW UK that started winning me over, and I'm liking him more and more since.
rovert

Post by rovert »

LJimmy wrote:I keep seeing this stuff about how Kyle and others can't go to WWE due to tampering or anti-trust case coming.
Seeing where?
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

rovert wrote:
LJimmy wrote:I keep seeing this stuff about how Kyle and others can't go to WWE due to tampering or anti-trust case coming.
Seeing where?
It first started with that TJ guy and it has mainly been him, but I've seen people reference this stuff on Twitter or other boards ever since. I don't know if they're going by what this guy is saying or if they are anonymous people with inside info, but this seems to be what they are trying to reference. I get the impression this is what's going on right now.

I also seen some references to Meltzer on his audio talking about WWE paying attention to this UFC lawsuit.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but this doesn't sound good to me. I hope that it's all false, that Kyle can show up sooner than later and what I was saying is how things are, but again I don't know.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

LJimmy wrote:
rovert wrote:
Seeing where?
It first started with that TJ guy and it has mainly been him, but I've seen people reference this stuff on Twitter or other boards ever since. I don't know if they're going by what this guy is saying or if they are anonymous people with inside info, but this seems to be what they are trying to reference. I get the impression this is what's going on right now.

I also seen some references to Meltzer on his audio talking about WWE paying attention to this UFC lawsuit.

Maybe I'm wrong, I don't know, but this doesn't sound good to me. I hope that it's all false, that Kyle can show up sooner than later and what I was saying is how things are, but again I don't know.
TJ retracted all that, and the people talking about that after he retracted it are people who only saw the initial outburst, and not the retraction.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »