Kyle O'Reilly not signed

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WHG

Re: Kyle O'Reilly not signed

Post by WHG »

If you saw @TJHawke411's timeline yesterday (he was the guy who had the meltdown at ROH a week or so ago), he implied that Delirious & ROH have done something that has put a halt to the process of the WWE hiring guys. He said right now it appears that Kyle is the primary "victim" in the situation, but he said he doesn't know what they did or how they did it. He was very emotional and almost desperate sounding as he apparently contacted ROH for a statement and referred to the "human cost" of them making such decisions. It's a very bizarre series of tweets.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

WHG wrote:If you saw @TJHawke411's timeline yesterday (he was the guy who had the meltdown at ROH a week or so ago), he implied that Delirious & ROH have done something that has put a halt to the process of the WWE hiring guys. He said right now it appears that Kyle is the primary "victim" in the situation, but he said he doesn't know what they did or how they did it. He was very emotional and almost desperate sounding as he apparently contacted ROH for a statement and referred to the "human cost" of them making such decisions. It's a very bizarre series of tweets.
Yes, it was very bizarre. The last thing he posted was an answer from ROH about the information he got:
UPDATE - New statement from ROH "Nobody in ROH took action to stop anyone from pursuing WWE. We have always encouraged wrestlers to go after their dreams and do what makes them happy regardless if it is WWE or ROH. If any action has been taken it is not from our side"
As stated before, I hope I have been fed wrong info and ROH's official statement reflects the reality of the situation.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I would take anyone that uses belligerent @s with a grain of salt.

But, again, I hope the ROH internal staff aren’t behaving super, super awful.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Fish has replaced O'Reilly in Atlanta.
rovert

Post by rovert »

As I said about Kyle.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

How would ROH try to keep Kyle from leaving
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

JTCole wrote:How would ROH try to keep Kyle from leaving
ROH cannot keep any talent from leaving as soon as their contract and/or non-compete is up. That guy on twitter is alluding to the fact that the WWE is tampering with ROH talent that is under contract , which of course is not legal.

ROH 's big problem is not people like O' Reilly leaving after a multi- year run , it is losing talent to WWN before they even really get started in ROH . I guess Gabe telling guys that the WWE will black ball them if they sign with ROH . Of that is all compete bull crap , the WWE just wants to secure possible future draws and get them into the WWN/ NXT system before ROH / NJPW starting making them into new stars. The Matt Riddle deal is your smoking gun , the WWE for forbid Riddle from working for ROH . Every though Riddle was not under a WWE deal , he agreed and went to Evolve despite traning with Punisher Martinez in ROH Dojo. ROH just lost out on Jason Kincaid and it looks like Keith Lee is going to work for Gabe too. Which would really be a shame for Shane Taylor.

Securing new talent looks to be big problem going forward . Guys like O' Reilly and Cole cycling out of the company after a 5 or 6 year run is just business as usual. The company got great runs out of these guys and they probably should move to another company while their stock is high. What really hurts as it looks like Matt Riddle , Jeff Cobb, Jason Kincaid , Timothy Thatcher and maybe Keith Lee are never going to have multi- year ROH/ NJPW runs. Which sad for the fans, ROH and even the wrestlers. These new guys should look at the path guys like AJ Styles , Samoa Joe and Fergal Devitt took to go the WWE . If the wrestlers work for ROH / NJPW/ LU or even TNA they can build a strong brand the the fans , which gets them more money in the long run.

Mary Scurll is a very smart guy.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so roh are gonna hide another departure and not make a statement at all?

you can put an article saying why kyle is leaving and wishing him luck...idk.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

monster mafia wrote:so roh are gonna hide another departure and not make a statement at all?

I agree that it would benefit ROH to do show form of acknowledgement, but maybe there is a business reality that prevents this. Maybe O’Reilly is looking to sign with or appear in WWE/WWN in the very near future, and does not want to complicate that process. It might be the wrestler that wishes to be taken down from the website and expunged from the product’s current narrative.

And to Memphis Mark, I strongly agree with your post. Hopefully it makes some people in creative regret their fixation on the BJ Whitmer and Steve Corino storyline, of which borrowed so much TV time during so many years.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

monster mafia wrote:so roh are gonna hide another departure and not make a statement at all?

Yes to the statement, but it really depends on the behind the scenes wrangling.

I'm surprised one hasn't been released in advance of the Center Stage show also.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

I think know this whole deal with Kyle is a work just like with New Japan and Kenny Omega. Kyle tweets out something similar to what Omega tweeted out about needing time off. Kyle will take a break and then return with a huge angle just like with Omega and New Japan.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

FEEL THE TEPIDNESS AND PEOPLE GROANING UNCONTROLLABLY !!!

Seriously, O'Reilly is done in ROH after that shitfest. Bringing #TheKyleMan back would be an even dumber move than signing Lethal to a big juicy contract to keep him away from nobody chasing him.

Believe it or not, but you can put something like hot potatoing the world title over by telling the story of "well, there's no alpha dog for the moment, TIME TO STEP UP". That would keep things a lot more open than the painfully obvious and transparent garbage we've been getting for 2+ years now, then when you finally have someone to keep the belt on for a long run (hopefully a guy people give a shit about, not another Elgin or O'Reilly like Dijak for example), that would put him over huge as THE GUY.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Thelone wrote:FEEL THE TEPIDNESS AND PEOPLE GROANING UNCONTROLLABLY !!!

Seriously, O'Reilly is done in ROH after that shitfest. Bringing #TheKyleMan back would be an even dumber move than signing Lethal to a big juicy contract to keep him away from nobody chasing him.

Believe it or not, but you can put something like hot potatoing the world title over by telling the story of "well, there's no alpha dog for the moment, TIME TO STEP UP". That would keep things a lot more open than the painfully obvious and transparent garbage we've been getting for 2+ years now, then when you finally have someone to keep the belt on for a long run (hopefully a guy people give a shit about, not another Elgin or O'Reilly like Dijak for example), that would put him over huge as THE GUY.
You're right. Problem is the have no one to be THE GUY. Man, after all the time they spent grooming O'Reilly for the top spot, I bet they won't be caught with their pants down again. Established guys only in the top spot now.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Kyle didn't show up nor was mentioned at all at the Atlanta tapings that I just got back from.

I think it's safe to say he's done in ROH baring a miracle.
LJimmy

Post by LJimmy »

I keep seeing this stuff about how Kyle and others can't go to WWE due to tampering or anti-trust case coming. If that's the case then how were they able to get away with hiring Nigel and Corino recently with Corino just starting? If there are any lawsuit threats WWE wouldn't be hiring anybody at all right now who was recently employed by ROH.

They were being sued by TNA a few years ago for something like this. For as long as the suit was going on WWE put a freeze on hiring anybody linked to TNA. That included anybody contracted during that time, people not with the company who had worked there within the past few years at the time of the suit and names who had gotten tryouts. Sami Zayn'so hiring was delayed by like 6 months because of the lawsuit. So I don't get how these stories being hinted at are even legit.

Another thing is they signed Mark Andrews a few days after his TNA contract expired. Different companies, but if there are any legal issues looming then why would WWE take risks by hiring anybody contracted anywhere?
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:You're right. Problem is the have no one to be THE GUY. Man, after all the time they spent grooming O'Reilly for the top spot, I bet they won't be caught with their pants down again. Established guys only in the top spot now.
Sure, but that was implied that they needed to build up 2-3 new contenders while they do the hot potatoing. You can easily eat all of 2017 that way, which should be long enough to groom a bunch of guys to be your new main event for a year or two afterwards.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

How much access does ROH have to Will Ospreay? He'd be a great choice as top guy and champ.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

JTCole wrote:How much access does ROH have to Will Ospreay? He'd be a great choice as top guy and champ.
I'd go Scurll over Ospreay 1,000 times out of 100.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I'm a huge fan of both but yeah, I'd go Marty over Will as well.