Kyle O'Reilly not signed

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Kyle O'Reilly not signed

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

KL_ wrote:Todd Sinclair at the article about his favourite matches in 2016 on ROH website:
I'm super excited about 2017

I can't wait to see how Kyle O'Reilly's reign as champion takes shape.
Can this be a hint ?
This means nothing. I would throw red herrings to "Love Machine" Todd Sinclair all day long.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Brada wrote:
rohfan237 wrote:
The plan was always for Kyle to win and lose it back to Cole at WK.
That couldn't be further from the truth. Negative sir.
I can't possibly imagine that the plan was always for Kyle to win the belt on the PPV and then lose it back at the Dome. Doing so would absolutely kill Kyle even more than just losing to Cole in a strong match would because it would show that the office doesn't think he is viable as a champion, and if for some crazy reason that was the original plan, you'd think they would have been hyping WK up a bit more. If you can't advertise Cole vs. O'Reilly, you can at least say that the ROH World Title will be defended, or talk about whatever Elgin or the Briscoes or the Bucks are doing on that show.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
KL_ wrote:Todd Sinclair at the article about his favourite matches in 2016 on ROH website:
I'm super excited about 2017

I can't wait to see how Kyle O'Reilly's reign as champion takes shape.
Can this be a hint ?
This means nothing. I would throw red herrings to "Love Machine" Todd Sinclair all day long.
Yeah, LOL. Early last January they had an article teasing that 2016 could be "The Year of the Burger." 2016 is now almost over and Mr. Burger is exactly the same jobber he started 2016 as. And 2015. And 2014. And this has somehow been accomplished even though he pinned Christopher Daniels on a PPV. Let that sink in for a moment.
Yeah. The stuff they put on the website doesn't mean sh*t. I'd personally even be shocked if Delirious even looks at it, because they often seem to be on complete opposite pages from the announcers or from what the general direction of the feud seems to be.
WHG

Post by WHG »

For what it's worth, on the VOW podcast last night, they were a little less sure on Cole winning & O'Reilly leaving. Lanza, who kind of started the ball rolling on the public speculation, said "I think O'Reilly's gone. That's just based on my gut feeling, not an insider information. Certain things I heard from certain people may factor into that, but I heard conflicting information on O'Reilly today."

He and Rich both believe Cole is gone in April.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

WHG wrote:For what it's worth, on the VOW podcast last night, they were a little less sure on Cole winning & O'Reilly leaving. Lanza, who kind of started the ball rolling on the public speculation, said "I think O'Reilly's gone. That's just based on my gut feeling, not an insider information. Certain things I heard from certain people may factor into that, but I heard conflicting information on O'Reilly today."

Thein backtracking has already started. LOL!
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

Roque11 wrote:
WHG wrote:For what it's worth, on the VOW podcast last night, they were a little less sure on Cole winning & O'Reilly leaving. Lanza, who kind of started the ball rolling on the public speculation, said "I think O'Reilly's gone. That's just based on my gut feeling, not an insider information. Certain things I heard from certain people may factor into that, but I heard conflicting information on O'Reilly today."

These things aren't always black and white. And I know it's difficult to fathom, but things change.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

To be fair to Lanza it's the wrestling business, it's one of the most Open, unprofessional, emotionally charged and disorganised environment's I have heard about and in some instances been around. Unfortunately ROH seems to be at the top of all of those elements for that reason It doesn't surprise me Kyle is staying and wouldn't surprise me if he went. It would be great if Kyle does stay as he is a talent that I think bar maybe a couple of companies can hold a top spot for a long time.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

rohfan237 wrote:
Roque11 wrote:

These things aren't always black and white. And I know it's difficult to fathom, but things change.
It's more like nothing truly was ever going to happen in the first place and it's the yearly wrestlers know what to do to gain leverage games.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Roque11 wrote:
It's more like nothing truly was ever going to happen in the first place and it's the yearly wrestlers know what to do to gain leverage games.
Agreed. That's why it's just too much context to really know unless there is some sort of concrete reporting on it. Again all based on what you believe are true sources. But I do think that there are a few things we can saw are highly likely true:

1. O'Reilly hasn't resigned as of a few days ago
2. His contract is up on 12/31 per multiple sources unless they are all getting information from the same source which I can say is possible when it comes to a promotion as small as ROH
3. The Title match on WK11 doesn't necessarily mean anything but is a pivotal point IF something did happen to their unsigned Champion
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

Cole is winning the belt back at WK and losing it to Daniels at the Anniversary Show.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rohfan237 wrote:Cole is winning the belt back at WK and losing it to Daniels at the Anniversary Show.
At this point anything is possible but I would say this has a very low chance of happening as of today
or Fb.com/ROHworld
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

cgstong wrote:
rohfan237 wrote:Cole is winning the belt back at WK and losing it to Daniels at the Anniversary Show.
At this point anything is possible but I would say this has a very low chance of happening as of today
Lol.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rohfan237 wrote:
cgstong wrote:
Lol.
Whatever you want to say man. It could happen, it could not. Would have made more sense for it to happen at SCoH but if they moved up the timeline then it's whatever
or Fb.com/ROHworld
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

Why would it make more sense, Chris?

Cole is winning the belt back at WK. That is booked. Won't matter if O'Reilly re-signs or doesn't.

Daniels will win the tournament, with the winner receiving a title shot at the March (Anniversary Show) PPV.
Roque11

Post by Roque11 »

rohfan237 wrote:Kyle's losing the belt at WK and is a goner. NXT bound.
Even Casey is saying he's not going to NXT. You know him, right?
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rohfan237 wrote:Why would it make more sense, Chris?

Cole is winning the belt back at WK. That is booked. Won't matter if O'Reilly re-signs or doesn't.

Daniels will win the tournament, with the winner receiving a title shot at the March (Anniversary Show) PPV.
Other than it being a PPV and yeah the tournament is supposed to be something we're taking seriously and it will be special because of the Anniversary aspect, it's just going to make less of an impact whereas SCoH will actually have buzz.

Granted it will get lost in the shuffle with EVERYTHING else going on that weekend but the Anniversary PPV has never been promoted that well given the last two times it was on PPV.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

Roque11 wrote:
rohfan237 wrote:Kyle's losing the belt at WK and is a goner. NXT bound.
Even Casey is saying he's not going to NXT. You know him, right?
He didn't say he's not going. He said he doesn't expect him to.

And yes, I know Casey. I talk to him on a fairly regular basis.
Last edited by rohfan237 on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

As a quick caveat I've been following ROH since 2002 so I'm not saying anniversary shows aren't important or fun but in terms of significance, the two PPV versions just weren't promoted well and seemed more like transition shows rather than tent pole event.
or Fb.com/ROHworld
rohfan237

Post by rohfan237 »

cgstong wrote:As a quick caveat I've been following ROH since 2002 so I'm not saying anniversary shows aren't important or fun but in terms of significance, the two PPV versions just weren't promoted well and seemed more like transition shows rather than tent pole event.
None of the PPVs are promoted particularly well. I have no idea why in 2017 ROH this would serve any sort of relevance at all.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

rohfan237 wrote:
cgstong wrote:As a quick caveat I've been following ROH since 2002 so I'm not saying anniversary shows aren't important or fun but in terms of significance, the two PPV versions just weren't promoted well and seemed more like transition shows rather than tent pole event.
None of the PPVs are promoted particularly well. I have no idea why in 2017 ROH this would serve any sort of relevance at all.
Agreed and that's why it makes less sense to me given that having a marked event such as Daniels possibly winning the Title should be at an event people will actually buzz about whereas if we go with the idea it will be on the PPV, how many buys will it equal? Sure, some buys will occur after people have read about it.

Also I realize it's not fair of me given we haven't seen how it's going to be pushed ETC. So while I get what you're saying in terms of relevance, it doesn't prohibit me from expecting more from them. Tempered expectations for sure, but doesn't mean I will accept mediocrity.
or Fb.com/ROHworld