Who would you like to see at ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
dhads7161

Re: Who would you like to see at ROH?

Post by dhads7161 »

How about Chase Owens? I find him criminally underrated.
A few guys from my local indys I'd like to see Brian Breaker, Leland Race, Brandon Espinosa. Breaker & Race were in NJPW's tag league in 2016. Espy has wrestled a few dark matches for ROH.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I mentioned Chase on another site! I'd like to see Adam Page and Chase Owens team.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

I don't think Chase is terrible or anything, but I've never really seen him be anything more than "decent," and merely being "decent" is not ROH caliber, IMO.
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I'm nothing special so don't think I'm claiming to be but I know Chase Owens personally because I live in East Tennessee where he's from and I'm a diehard wrestling fan and if Jason Kincaid's good enough to be in ROH then Chase is.

Chase does have some personality "issues" though.

He wouldn't be willing to be in the TPT or anything like that.

He "thinks" he's better than that.

Is he?

That's up to you to decide but I'm just telling the truth.

He's super tight with Ricky Morton and he does what Ricky suggests him to do.

I will say he's tremendously technically sound but lacks charisma but a lot of you all like KOR so that's probably not an issue for most here.

If you ask me if he's ROH material I'd have to say if someone like Adam Page is then Chase is.
iceman311

Post by iceman311 »

I would like to Zack Sabre Jr (long shot I know) and I'd like to see Shibata make more appearances
Brada

Post by Brada »

I have seen Chase Owens live a couple of times....he worked the NWA show here in Dallas/Ft.Worth mania weekend last year for IWHE.....I was impressed with him.....was very smooth in the ring. Kincaid worked that show as well. I think they are both ROH quality without a doubt.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I wish WWE would get stupid and release Tye Dillinger. Bring him to ROH. He has really grown on me.
Big Red Machine

SweetDaddy wrote:I'm nothing special so don't think I'm claiming to be but I know Chase Owens personally because I live in East Tennessee where he's from and I'm a diehard wrestling fan and if Jason Kincaid's good enough to be in ROH then Chase is.

Chase does have some personality "issues" though.

He wouldn't be willing to be in the TPT or anything like that.

He "thinks" he's better than that.

Is he?

That's up to you to decide but I'm just telling the truth.

He's super tight with Ricky Morton and he does what Ricky suggests him to do.

I will say he's tremendously technically sound but lacks charisma but a lot of you all like KOR so that's probably not an issue for most here.

If you ask me if he's ROH material I'd have to say if someone like Adam Page is then Chase is.
I think that a guy like Chase Owens being brought in as part of the Top Prospect Tournament would be quite silly. He's an established name (if a small one) in New Japan and on southern indies. He's not a "prospect."
Big Red Machine

Brada wrote:I wish WWE would get stupid and release Tye Dillinger. Bring him to ROH. He has really grown on me.
If I never see him again I'll be perfectly fine. He's decent, but not much better than that. He just got lucky by being given a dumb gimmick that the NXT crowd decided they liked way too much.
King of Indy Style

Gotta agree. Tye is like Adam Rose or No Way Jose. A mediocre wrestler that is only beloved because of a stupid gimmick.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Brada wrote:I wish WWE would get stupid and release Tye Dillinger. Bring him to ROH. He has really grown on me.
If I never see him again I'll be perfectly fine. He's decent, but not much better than that. He just got lucky by being given a dumb gimmick that the NXT crowd decided they liked way too much.
Meh, your probably right. What do I know. I mean, we do have Ferrara and Cheeseburger
Big Red Machine

Brada wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
Meh, your probably right. What do I know. I mean, we do have Ferrara and Cheeseburger
Exactly. And one of those guys is enough. At least with Cheeseburger he ills the role of "jobber people kind of care about." Dillinger would be completely useless.
King of Indy Style

Spoiler: show
Galloway lost the Grand Championship tonight to Moose. Hopefully he's ROH Bound. It's overdone, yeah, but I think he would fit in with Bullet Club.
Big Red Machine

King of Indy Style wrote:
Galloway lost the Grand Championship tonight to Moose. Hopefully he's ROH Bound. It's overdone, yeah, but I think he would fit in with Bullet Club.
So he lost it right back to the guy he won it from? What's even the point of that? *insert Delirious joke here*
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

Well after seeing the TPT field it looks like ROH roster is going to need a few hands that can work . I think ROH should secure the services of Tim Donst , Alex Reynolds , John Silver , Corey Hollis , Mikey Webb and Scorpio Sky to fill out the under card.

Donst, Silver , Reynolds and Sky would have instant credibility with the ROH fans from Day One. I always like the upside of Webb and Hollis . All these guys should be signed and given a change to break thur in 2017. Can you guys think of any other attainable talent that could help rebuild the roster ?
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

Chase Stevens.
Memphis Mark

Post by Memphis Mark »

SweetDaddy wrote:Chase Stevens.

I actually like Chase Stevens TNA work when the promotion was based in Nashville . I have not seen a lot of him since those days. I like Southern wrestling . I think Stevens , Shawn Schultz , Shane Williams, Sigmon , Vordell Walker , Jason Kincaid , Chase Owens and countless of others Southern workers would be fine in ROH .

However , ROH tends to stick with Northeast and Midwest talent. AJ Styles , Roderick Strong and Jimmy Rave are the about the only guys from the South that have have a good run with ROH .
SweetDaddy

Post by SweetDaddy »

I know all of those guys personally.

Stevens, Kincaid, Walker,and Owens are good enough.

Schultz and Williams are better than more than a few on the current ROH roster too.

Sigmon ain't shit.

He's better in a tag team.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I hope Vordell Walker has got better since the FIP days. I would have rather watched paint dry. My god he was awful.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Dirty Andy Dalton did a great job again this weekend. He is on my list now of guys I would like to see ROH take a serious look at. He is definitely undersized, but the guy went nose to nose with War Machine. He has charisma, looks comfortable on the mic....give him a shot.