Who would you like to see at ROH?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Who would you like to see at ROH?

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

famicommander wrote:Can we just book Roppongi Vice and maybe Stevie Richards more often? Because I like those guys and I don't think ROH uses them enough. Hopefully Romero and Baretta win the IWGP Jr belts at Wrestle Kingdom.
Would love to see more RPG Vice. Rocky Romero is such an underrated wrestler.

Richards has done a commendable job putting over talent. I'm not sure if it warrants more than the sporadic appearances he has made thus far.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I think Stevie could still be a regular. He's in fantastic shape, he's versatile in the ring, and he's been involved in some pretty awesome angles throughout his career (Raven's stuff, Dr Stevie, Blue World Order, Right to Censor).

I'd love to see him with a Tag Team Championship (or Six Man) run, probably with a younger partner ala Rhino+Slater on Smackdown. I'd pay to see Stevie Richards and Dalton Castle or Stevie Richards, Silas Young, and BCB. Richards and Dijak, maybe? Richards and Punisment Martinez?
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Three-year contracts like were done a decade ago to allow roster stability.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

supersonic wrote:Three-year contracts like were done a decade ago to allow roster stability.
I definitely agree, and the fact that they seem to be handing out two-year contracts more often now is a good sign, but even with a one-year contract you should be able to come up with something for a guy to do (and grow and develop as a character). With the current booking regime, I think an ACH or Dijak or Cedric under a three-year contract would be given the same water-treading nothing to do as they were under one-year contracts.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

One of the things I wish ROH had done on the UK tour was bring back Doug Williams to compliment the new British talent like Scurll and Ospreay. Doug is better than he ever was right now and from what he's saying on Twitter something is coming for him in 2017. He's the type of guy who WWE should be looking at as a possible trainer, but if that's not happening soon a Doug Williams return would be awesome, whether it be on this years UK tour or full-time. And if they run out of ideas on how to use him just bring in Nick Aldis and boom, you've a tag team - don't let Aldis wrestle singles though, he's God awful, but he compliments Williams well.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I love the idea of a Magnus/Willams team in ROH, but isn't he still the GFW whatever-the-hell Champion? Is that even an issue? lol
The Dragon Saga

I don't think it is an issue, seeing as GFW barely exists anymore, but maybe Jarrett is paying him in pure gold bars so Aldis could be set for life for whatever we know.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

King of Indy Style wrote:I love the idea of a Magnus/Willams team in ROH, but isn't he still the GFW whatever-the-hell Champion? Is that even an issue? lol
Cody Rhodes was holding a GFW title last I heard, so probably not.
rovert

Post by rovert »

There's so many issues with signing talent given contracts and contract restrictions in 2017.

ROH's issue isn't a lack of male talent.

So what I'd do is a partnership with STARDOM. The female talent pool in the US has decreased a lot and ROH needs something of novelty for Wrestlemania and in general. STARDOM's top women offers the level of in ring quality that fits in with the ROH brand too. Something that current WOH struggles with.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

rovert wrote:There's so many issues with signing talent given contracts and contract restrictions in 2017.

ROH's issue isn't a lack of male talent.

So what I'd do is a partnership with STARDOM. The female talent pool in the US has decreased a lot and ROH needs something of novelty for Wrestlemania and in general. STARDOM's top women offers the level of in ring quality that fits in with the ROH brand too. Something that current WOH struggles with.
Brilliant idea. Seriously. I don't know anyone on here that has suggested that yet.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Agreed on the STARDOM idea. The sad thing is they don't seem to really care about workrate at all with the WOH roster they've assembled.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they dont have a partnership with SEAdLINNNG?

the stardom idea is great of course.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

oh well...

The Dragon Saga

I agree that a partnership with STARDOM could breath more interest into the WOH division.

Say what you want about the matches or how they promote it separately from the actual weekly show, the videos are often the highest viewed on their social media accounts and YouTube. If they could bring an international flavor, especially from STARDOM which has attained a cult like following on the Internet, it would be a positive for the division and the promotion.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Those views mean nothing, unless "people looking for wanking material" is an important demographic somehow.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thelone wrote:Those views mean nothing, unless "people looking for wanking material" is an important demographic somehow.
Are you shaming the Solo Darling furries/yiffies?

I don't trust ROH working with Stardom. As an optics thing, I think it might be a raw deal for the latter promotion.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

Thelone wrote:Those views mean nothing, unless "people looking for wanking material" is an important demographic somehow.
Obviously the Youtube videos were successful enough for them to start doing WOH VODs/DVDs and TV specials.

And if rumors are to be believed, we're about to get a Women of Honor Championship and we're going to start seeing women signed to actual contracts.

So I don't see how you can say the views mean nothing.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Wilson wrote:Are you shaming the Solo Darling furries/yiffies?
Not really, just stating the not-so-obvious it looks like.

I mean, am I supposed to believe that this random Beyond match between your boy's girl Jordynne Grace and LuFisto got almost TWO MILLION VIEWS in six months (that's more than that Darling/Klein match btw) because it's so great and totally not because when you search for "women wrestling" on Youtube, this video is right there between amateurs straddling each other ?
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Thelone wrote:
Wilson wrote:Are you shaming the Solo Darling furries/yiffies?
Not really, just stating the not-so-obvious it looks like.

I mean, am I supposed to believe that this random Beyond match between your boy's girl Jordynne Grace and LuFisto got almost TWO MILLION VIEWS in six months (that's more than that Darling/Klein match btw) because it's so great and totally not because when you search for "women wrestling" on Youtube, this video is right there between amateurs straddling each other ?
I was being totally sarcastic. Really, I just wanted to point out that Darling courts to the furry appeal, and makes me massively uncomfortable. I’m just not ready for it.

The popular tastes of the internet are not only extremely embarrassing but are historically hard to analyze, which is to say that female sex appeal brings eyes but does not actually sell. ROH is probably building the WOH in wake of the success of NXT and UFC stars rather than by YouTube views. Some of the grounding of the division is sound, but there is so much working against it at the moment.