9/12 SMALL UPDATE, BIG NEWS COMING

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: 6/14 THE FORUM IS FINALLY UPDATED

Post by Big Red Machine » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:27 pm

Thanks for the change! This coloration is great (although I certainly wouldn't object to changing it to ROH colors if that's what you want).

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:21 pm

No problem. Some didn't like this in the red version so I am trying to find a better fit but I do like the design but we'll see. Thanks for your feedback!
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld

famicommander

Post by famicommander » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:16 pm

I think a black (or generally dark) background with white text is both much easier on the eyes and much better looking than black text on a light background. And closer to ROH colors.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:26 am

I think so too. I am currently testing one of the black and white themes out and seeing what I can do to integrate the ROH colors. Sadly phpBB is not as easy as one would think to edit.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 7/10 SMALL UPDATE, WHAT IS GOING ON

Post by cgstong » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:54 am

7/10

SMALL UPDATE, WHAT IS GOING ON

Hey everyone! Just wanted to put up a small update about what is going on. Again I apologize for it being a slow process. Some of this is not easy to learn and it can be trying to find the right theme that has the right features and also learn about some of the new extensions available to the board with the update that will work and make the board more fun but also be secure for the members.

Also been playing catch up at work and a few other things going on in my life that haven't gone smoothly but I assure you I am working to make this board more fun. I have also secured once it is updated and fully redone to have some awesome features including having hosted AMA's here with ROH talent and possible ROH alumni. I also have a great secret project at work too which I have tweeted about with some artwork from the awesome redneck kungfu who has done graphic design work for the Elite, Adam Cole, Omega, YB, and more.

I also want to hear your feedback on a few things:

1. Colors of the board. I assume the ROH colors of red, white, black are the favs but do you want a light or dark red, ETC

2. What ROH talent would you want to see interact with us on the board outside of the obvious top talent like Lethal or Briscoes or YB

3. What else do you want on the site, such as a title history page or all events results page. Let me know. I want this to be a one stop hub for everything ROH including stuff ROH may not put up itself on their website.

Thanks again everyone for your support! Please keep sharing this board around to your friends!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH » Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:01 pm

You've done a phenomenal job with the forum/website Chris, thank you for everything!.

1. I like current colours, but I would love a darker red. It's difficult to read, sometimes, with this lighter red.

2. In general, I'd say that it would be awesome to interact with every wrestler of the current roster. I'd find interesting to interact with Kenny King, Gresham, Castle, Page and Cabana.

3. If you really want to make this "the site" for ROH, I think a roster page, with current champions, title defenses would be awesome. Plus, a historic title reings list and maybe reviews/results for every show would be cool too. I find interesting having a website where I know I could find everything I want/need about ROH. Maybe put the "Rate It Big List" in the website so everybody on the internet could find ROH's best matches ever. These type of things are really cool.

Again, thank you for hard work.

famicommander

Post by famicommander » Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:52 pm

Attendance and TV ratings breakdowns are always appreciated

A weekly post for Women of Honor Wednesdays, Throwback Thursdays, and Future of Honor Fridays would be nice. Can't believe ROH doesn't do this on their own freaking website.

Updated TV listings would be nice, not sure how hard that would be to accomplish. Including local channel numbers for stuff like Charge and the web streams.

Title histories and show results are nice

Rosters and alumni are a no brainer

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:37 am

I will definitely look into all of this. A roster page and a Title history I think are a must.

Posts for their free matches may be a thing though perhaps a once a week aggregate and not every day though we will see about that.

TV breakdowns of ratings are tricky because they aren't subscribed to Nielson so they don't get those numbers and because the numbers are so small, they aren't really published even by other third party media sites. But I will see what I can do with the office connections we have.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:56 pm

9/12

SMALL UPDATE, BIG NEWS COMING

Hey everyone! So it's been roughly two months since the last update and I do want to hold myself accountable for what goes on here at the site and forum.

So first off, I have finally figured out some new theme stuff and possible fixes for the bugs here on the forum. Late at night, or at least late here on the west coast I have been doing some tests and I do think I've figured out some of the bugs such as Youtube not playing. Unfortunately it will require some code stuff but after testing it out I think I've figured it out.

Also I have found a theme I think will work great and fit all the needs including making this work better on mobile.

I do want to say it's been a slow process mostly because of a lot of personal projects going on. Not to make excuses, I've been working on the following:

Taking the LSAT to get into law school on Sept 16th
Have a fundraiser event that I'm largely associated with on Sept 21st
Getting a house up for sale due to my dad's passing

So if you're wondering WTF HAVE YOU BEEN DOING FOR TWO MONTHS, that's the answer. It's not a good one, but it is one.

With that in mind I do want to keep myself accountable for moving this site and forum forward. I am going to say here and now that by Oct, this forum will be different and hopefully more functional AND we will have a NEW section of ROHworld.com. Here's the second teaser for it but I think you'll be able to figure it out ;)

Anyway please as always thank you again for your patience and support. It's been so fun doing more with the site and I do think we have a lot more fun coming! As always shoot me your thoughts here in the forum or email at contact@rohworld.com

or Fb.com/ROHworld

AlexROH

Re: 9/12 SMALL UPDATE, BIG NEWS COMING

Post by AlexROH » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 pm

Don't worry Chris, you've done a wonderful job with the website/forum. A ROH World Hall of Fame is awesome! Looking foward to it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:51 am

ROHWorld Hall of Fame, you say? For wrestlers or posters, LOL?

famicommander

Post by famicommander » Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:55 am

There is only one man worthy of the HOF: Grizzly Redwood.