6/14 THE FORUM IS FINALLY UPDATED

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

6/14 THE FORUM IS FINALLY UPDATED

Post by cgstong » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:23 pm

6/14

THE FORUM IS FINALLY UPDATED!!

After a few technical issues concerning files, and ht access, and servers, and all this techno mumbo jumbo the phpBB software is finally updated. That means we can now add more features to this forum and have access to more things that can make this forum awesome and more accessible to all of you.

Thank you everyone for your patience during this time! I know I've promised a lot and probably haven't fulfilled half of it, but trust me I plan on a lot and doing a lot more in conjunction with FTC, NJPW, ROH and talent to make this board a ton more fun for you all.

If you have any questions shoot a message here or email me at contact@rohworld.com

6/6 Update

Hey everyone!

Hope things are going well. So FINALLY I have the time to update the forum to the current phpBB update. This will take place Thurs 6/8. I would like to say around 3pm EST 12pm PST. I don't know exactly how long it will be down as during the testing of updating the forum it didn't take too long but at the same time, issues to occur.

I would safely say it could be down between 4-6 hours. If you have any questions please post them in this thread or private message me.

Also we will be recording a new Podcast of Honor on Sun morning so the Questions thread will be updated with that and youcan find that HERE

Thanks again for all the support and welcome to the new members!

5/12 Update

Hey everyone!

Been a while since I did one of these but it's been busy with my finishing up school (finally...only took 100 years) and having my shoot job ramping up until next weekend things have been progressing slowly. I truly do appreciate all the support you've shown ROHworld and the forum.

The week of 5/22 I will be updating the forum to the current version. I will post with at least 48 hours notice of the forum going down and then hopefully we can get some new features in here. I apologize for it taking longer than imagined. My friend who is helping is doing some much needed home construction so I didn't want to bug him too much but I do think we can achieve the update within the week. It's a bunch of techno mumbo jumbo but we'll be practicing on his server before performing update here so as to make sure we don't lose any data.

As always I want your feedback either in comments in this thread or direct messages here or email contact@rohworld.com

Thank you again for all your support!

3/31 Update

Hey everyone!

Happy Wrestlemania Weekend!

Just wanted to let you know what has been going on behind the scenes. Still efforting to get the update for the forum going but we should have it figured out and the board may have to shut down for a day or so to really make sure it works out but I am really glad we didn't have to lose any info including login info etc. phpBB is not easy to work with lol

Also hope you're enjoying the new content on ROHworld.com with news updates, new columnists, etc. I do want to announce that Supersonic from here on the board is joining the team and we really appreciate that. His reviews and long form posts are enjoyed here on the forum and I figured why not expand that. Glad to have him as part of the team.

Again have an awesome WM weekend!

3/20 Update

Hey Everyone,

So our Young Bucks Merch Giveaway that I've been talking about now for what seems like years is finally LIVE!
I wanted to try to post it in the forum but the code didn't work so here it is. Please share around! Thanks!

http://rohworld.com/young-bucks-merch-giveaway/

Also wanted to mention again that we'll be having Shane Taylor here in the forum in the next 2 weeks to do a Q&A. Be sure to follow him on twitter and check out his two stores

https://twitter.com/shane216taylor
https://www.bottomlinemerch.com/collect ... ane-taylor
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/shanetaylor

3/18 Update

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know first that we will be having Shane Taylor do a sort of AMA here on the forum in a few weeks! This is one of many exclusive features I want for the forum/website. I hope to have more ROH talent present and maybe from the past, come on the forum and talk to you all.

We of course thank him for this and encourage all of you to check him out on twitter and visit his two stores (both of which have some awesome stuff)
https://twitter.com/shane216taylor
https://www.bottomlinemerch.com/collect ... ane-taylor
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/shanetaylor

Still working out a few things about the forum and website but all back-end stuff that you probably won't notice but just letting you know that we are still trying to make this a great experience for you all including having the forum and site load quicker. I am also still looking for quality contributors to the website.

Have a great weekend!

3/12 Update

Hey everyone,

First off THANK YOU so much for your support through all this. It has been as frustrating for me as it has been for you. The good news is that we found out the issue with the forum. Not to get too much into the techno mumbo jumbo but basically when I bought this forum, it was not up to date with a coding language called PHP.

Well my server updated their PHP and because this wasn't updated it caused a disconnect of some type. Luckily my friend who has experience in this (more than the techs at our server, no disrespect to them) was able to recognize that and come up with a great solution.

(phpBB which the forum runs on is open source meaning there is no actual official support, it's just ppl who want to help so it is not something my hosting service is supposed to know or even be familiar with. But it is either the #1 or #2 most commonly used forum platform so you just have to really engage in the community)

We are also in the process of now upgrading the forum to the current level of PHP. This should not interfere at all with the forum as we are testing it out on his server first to make sure we do it right. I will announce way ahead of time when the forum will be down for a few for us to update it here and after that we should experience no more issues *knock on wood*

Thank you again. It meant a lot that a lot of you reached out asking me about updates. We are back and going to turn this into a great hub for ROH related content.

I appreciate all the relationships as well with Figure Toy Co, Young Bucks Merch, and a few more surprises coming including hopefully a full on relationship with ROH. Please continue to spread the word about the forum as I'd like it to be THE place for ROH discussion. As always please feel free to reach out to me about anything, good or bad. I want feedback about how I can make this a better experience for everyone.

~ Chris
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/20

So hey everyone,

Glad to say that the forum is back up and running and so far doesn't appear that there are any major issues there. Thanks everyone for your patience. Unfortunately we lost about two days worth of posts but hopefully this is the last time we have to deal with this other than updating the forum to the current version of phpBB.

We have some awesome stuff to put up on ROHworld.com this week so keep an eye out!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1/5

Hey everyone,

Hope you all had an awesome New Year's. Have several updates:

You have probably seen some content put up on the main site. We are in the process of relaunching VERY SOON and I wanted a back log of current content to go with that. We will be having a special giveaway courtesy of Young Bucks Merch who are an official sponsor of ROHworld.com so thank you to the YB and their families for that.

We also have some content providers so shout out to supersonic and rich of honor here on the board for joining the team. If any of you are interested or know someone who would be please tell them to contact me here or contact@rohworld.com

Chris DePetrillo of Figure Toy Co who creates the ROH figures has joined the board as FTC Chris. I want to thank him for joining the board and giving his time. These are the special types of relationships I hope to build for ROHworld.com going forward. I can't promise what Chris is willing to do but whatever it is, it is appreciated as FTC is also proudly presented on the main page.

Thanks to all of you for your support during the difficult time of getting this place ready to go. As always leave suggestions in the suggestions thread.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/29

Hey everyone,
Hope you all had awesome holidays and plans for New Year's. Worked on the site today, got a new theme which did not entirely work out but will keep pushing forward to make the website great so that it has features on it that are more user friendly. After testing out some stuff will probably expand my hosting plan around new years so there may be some downtime for the forum, not sure how long but I was told around 24 hours but can be much shorter depending.

Not sure if everyone has noticed but the mobile feature for the forum that a lot of you asked for is there now. You should see text at the bottom of the forum that says switch to mobile mode. I am also looking into creating a web app or even native app for this website and my other one to make it easier. Cost is of course a big factor. I appreciate you all not killing me over the ads we have on here as for right now it's the easiest way for the site to generate income. Of course it's a labor of love but everything helps.

We will be officially linking to YBMerch.com when the relaunch happens so on the main site and here in the forum you'll see sponsored ads for their new stuff. Of course I think it's great to help out workers as awesome as the Young Bucks who have been more than awesome to me over the years in relation to my other site so this is kind of a way of giving back for what they do and how hard they work. If this is an issue for any of you, feel free to privately message me but I think it's fair.

Also you will see some new content added to the main site slowly over the next few weeks as I want a back log being created for on here when the relaunch happens so that it's not just 1 new post and that's it.

If you are at all interested in joining the writing staff of ROHworld or doing a podcast let me know. Message me on here or shoot me an email at cgstong@pwponderings.com or contact@rohworld.com

If you have friends who might be interested, feel free to tell them as well.

Thanks again everyone for your support and have a Happy New Years!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/18

Update: So it would seem that the login issues have been solved as have the issues with me being able to log into the admin control panel.

Also I looked into allowing images being uploaded here but currently I am not sure that is a good idea with our current hosting plan. I am looking into upgrading it before the new year or shortly after and then will look at the issue again. For now I encourage everyone to use https://postimage.org/ to host images they want to post here.

I revealed on the Newscast that we will be having a giveaway on the revamped ROHwold.com in the early part of 2017 and I gave away a little hint so I want to tell you all too that we will be working with YoungBucksMerch.com for this giveaway. Of course I am grateful to the YB for helping with this.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/16

Update: Working on some pesky issues on the site. If any of you are having login issues or posting issues please let me know!

I am trying to figure out why I can't access the Admin Control panel and neither can Harry. This is the main way I would be able to update the forum and why I think some of the issues are happening to begin with because this forum is on a much older phpBB version than what is out there. Thanks guys

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/15

I will be getting rid of the 'sponsored' ads from the forum hopefully by the end of today. For some reason I can't login to the admin control panel and have asked Harry to look into it for me. My apologies. Setting for adsense wasn't turned off. Should be after we refresh the template. Sorry that they are annoying.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/14 Update

Hey everyone. So it would appear that there was an issue with our DNS when the transfer came through to Bluehost from the previous domain server. Hopefully though this will be the last hiccup.

I will notify you that their may be several more down times including possibly upgrading this phpBB to the newest version of phpBB as it hasn't been updated in a while. There also may be some down time when I upgrade the hosting service so I can put in some of the those new features you asked for in the thread.

I will continue to update you all and hopefully have a warning when I am upgrading the hosting service and update the forum ahead of time. Thanks for all of your patience!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted to throw out there that I apologize for the site going down last week. Our server was having some issues that affected many sites.

I wanted to let everyone know also that I will be upgrading our hosting plan sometime next week which may cause some down time. I will try to have this be done very early in the morning/late evening so it doesn't affect our readership that much. It should increase the site's speed and allow for some new features.

Thank you again for all your support over the years!
I will be posting a poll later this week to ask about what features you'd like to see most on the website such as more news/articles/reviews/podcasts ETC.

As always please feel free to message me on here via PM or tweet at me or email me at cgstong@pwponderings.com to let me know how your experience is or if you're having any issues.
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Mr. Mojo Risin

Re: Apology for site going down & update

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:48 pm

Glad to see the constant communication with us. I thought when you first took over it might be lip service. Happy to say that's not the case. Thanks.

Brada

Post by Brada » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:49 am

Very much agreed. Appreciate you cgstong for all your efforts.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:09 am

I will always try to be as communicative as possible. I don't always achieve that goal so if there is anything on your mind, please always feel free to contact me directly.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Apology for site going down & 12/14 Update

Post by cgstong » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:00 pm

12/14 Update

Hey everyone. So it would appear that there was an issue with our DNS when the transfer came through to Bluehost from the previous domain server. Hopefully though this will be the last hiccup.

I will notify you that their may be several more down times including possibly upgrading this phpBB to the newest version of phpBB as it hasn't been updated in a while. There also may be some down time when I upgrade the hosting service so I can put in some of the those new features you asked for in the thread.

I will continue to update you all and hopefully have a warning when I am upgrading the hosting service and update the forum ahead of time. Thanks for all of your patience!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Apology for site going down & 12/14 Update

Post by cgstong » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:28 am

12/15

I will be getting rid of the 'sponsored' ads from the forum hopefully by the end of today. For some reason I can't login to the admin control panel and have asked Harry to look into it for me. My apologies. Setting for adsense wasn't turned off. Should be after we refresh the template. Sorry that they are annoying.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Anyone having Login or Posting issues? 12/16

Post by cgstong » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:09 am

12/16

Update: Working on some pesky issues on the site. If any of you are having login issues or posting issues please let me know!

I am trying to figure out why I can't access the Admin Control panel and neither can Harry. This is the main way I would be able to update the forum and why I think some of the issues are happening to begin with because this forum is on a much older phpBB version than what is out there. Thanks guys
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:56 pm

I was having log-in issues yesterday.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:01 am

Big Red Machine wrote:I was having log-in issues yesterday.
Thanks for letting me know. A few ppl are. I am trying to figure out why.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: Login issues solved + update 12/18

Post by cgstong » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:33 pm

12/18

Update: So it would seem that the login issues have been solved as have the issues with me being able to log into the admin control panel.

Also I looked into allowing images being uploaded here but currently I am not sure that is a good idea with our current hosting plan. I am looking into upgrading it before the new year or shortly after and then will look at the issue again. For now I encourage everyone to use https://postimage.org/ to host images they want to post here.

I revealed on the Newscast that we will be having a giveaway on the revamped ROHwold.com in the early part of 2017 and I gave away a little hint so I want to tell you all too that we will be working with YoungBucksMerch.com for this giveaway. Of course I am grateful to the YB for helping with this.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 12/29 Updated

Post by cgstong » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:02 pm

12/29

Hey everyone,
Hope you all had awesome holidays and plans for New Year's. Worked on the site today, got a new theme which did not entirely work out but will keep pushing forward to make the website great so that it has features on it that are more user friendly. After testing out some stuff will probably expand my hosting plan around new years so there may be some downtime for the forum, not sure how long but I was told around 24 hours but can be much shorter depending.

Not sure if everyone has noticed but the mobile feature for the forum that a lot of you asked for is there now. You should see text at the bottom of the forum that says switch to mobile mode. I am also looking into creating a web app or even native app for this website and my other one to make it easier. Cost is of course a big factor. I appreciate you all not killing me over the ads we have on here as for right now it's the easiest way for the site to generate income. Of course it's a labor of love but everything helps.

We will be officially linking to YBMerch.com when the relaunch happens so on the main site and here in the forum you'll see sponsored ads for their new stuff. Of course I think it's great to help out workers as awesome as the Young Bucks who have been more than awesome to me over the years in relation to my other site so this is kind of a way of giving back for what they do and how hard they work. If this is an issue for any of you, feel free to privately message me but I think it's fair.

Also you will see some new content added to the main site slowly over the next few weeks as I want a back log being created for on here when the relaunch happens so that it's not just 1 new post and that's it.

If you are at all interested in joining the writing staff of ROHworld or doing a podcast let me know. Message me on here or shoot me an email at cgstong@pwponderings.com or contact@rohworld.com

If you have friends who might be interested, feel free to tell them as well.

Thanks again everyone for your support and have a Happy New Years!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 1/5 Chris DePetrillo of Figure Toy Co joins forum

Post by cgstong » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:21 am

1/5

Hey everyone,

Hope you all had an awesome New Year's. Have several updates:

You have probably seen some content put up on the main site. We are in the process of relaunching VERY SOON and I wanted a back log of current content to go with that. We will be having a special giveaway courtesy of Young Bucks Merch who are an official sponsor of ROHworld.com so thank you to the YB and their families for that.

We also have some content providers so shout out to supersonic and rich of honor here on the board for joining the team. If any of you are interested or know someone who would be please tell them to contact me here or contact@rohworld.com

Chris DePetrillo of Figure Toy Co who creates the ROH figures has joined the board as FTC Chris. I want to thank him for joining the board and giving his time. These are the special types of relationships I hope to build for ROHworld.com going forward. I can't promise what Chris is willing to do but whatever it is, it is appreciated as FTC is also proudly presented on the main page.

Thanks to all of you for your support during the difficult time of getting this place ready to go. As always leave suggestions in the suggestions thread.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

FTC Chris
Verified
Verified

Post by FTC Chris » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 am

Just a little add-on to the update here. I will be compiling a comprehensive list of upcoming ROH figures, as well as info on our 2 other lines (Rising Stars of Wrestling and Legends of Professional Wrestling). I'll also be around for everyday discussion as well. Looking forward to being a part of this board's growth!

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:02 am

2/20

So hey everyone,

Glad to say that the forum is back up and running and so far doesn't appear that there are any major issues there. Thanks everyone for your patience. Unfortunately we lost about two days worth of posts but hopefully this is the last time we have to deal with this other than updating the forum to the current version of phpBB.

We have some awesome stuff to put up on ROHworld.com this week so keep an eye out!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:03 am

2/20

So hey everyone,

or Fb.com/ROHworld

supersonic

Re: 2/20 Update about issues

Post by supersonic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:55 pm

The forum defaults to mobile regardless of device. It also doesn't keep anyone logged in for next visit.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:19 am

Yeah I am not entirely sure why it does that but I'll figure it out. Also the log in thing I will figure out.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Brada

Post by Brada » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:48 am

Good to be back!!

cgstong
Admin
Admin

3/12 Update: Yeah we're back!

Post by cgstong » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:15 am

3/12 Update

Hey everyone,

First off THANK YOU so much for your support through all this. It has been as frustrating for me as it has been for you. The good news is that we found out the issue with the forum. Not to get too much into the techno mumbo jumbo but basically when I bought this forum, it was not up to date with a coding language called PHP.

Well my server updated their PHP and because this wasn't updated it caused a disconnect of some type. Luckily my friend who has experience in this (more than the techs at our server, no disrespect to them) was able to recognize that and come up with a great solution.

(phpBB which the forum runs on is open source meaning there is no actual official support, it's just ppl who want to help so it is not something my hosting service is supposed to know or even be familiar with. But it is either the #1 or #2 most commonly used forum platform so you just have to really engage in the community)

We are also in the process of now upgrading the forum to the current level of PHP. This should not interfere at all with the forum as we are testing it out on his server first to make sure we do it right. I will announce way ahead of time when the forum will be down for a few for us to update it here and after that we should experience no more issues *knock on wood*

Thank you again. It meant a lot that a lot of you reached out asking me about updates. We are back and going to turn this into a great hub for ROH related content.

I appreciate all the relationships as well with Figure Toy Co, Young Bucks Merch, and a few more surprises coming including hopefully a full on relationship with ROH. Please continue to spread the word about the forum as I'd like it to be THE place for ROH discussion. As always please feel free to reach out to me about anything, good or bad. I want feedback about how I can make this a better experience for everyone.

~ Chris
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Brada

Re: 3/12 Update: Yeah we're back!

Post by Brada » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:51 am

I think I can speak for all the regulars in saying we appreciate your dedication Chris.

I for one, frequent the forum every work day, particularly early morning hours for me (around 5-6 am CST) and I was lost for the couple of weeks without it...lol

It's good to be back.