9/12 SMALL UPDATE, BIG NEWS COMING

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 3/12 Update: Yeah we're back!

Post by cgstong » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:54 am

Brada wrote:I think I can speak for all the regulars in saying we appreciate your dedication Chris.

I for one, frequent the forum every work day, particularly early morning hours for me (around 5-6 am CST) and I was lost for the couple of weeks without it...lol

It's good to be back.
Much thanks man. I appreciate that
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:59 am

Brada wrote:I think I can speak for all the regulars in saying we appreciate your dedication Chris.

I for one, frequent the forum every work day, particularly early morning hours for me (around 5-6 am CST) and I was lost for the couple of weeks without it...lol

It's good to be back.
All of this.

Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:

It's good to be back.
All of this.

Me too.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:29 am

Really appreciate it you guys. I apologize for all of it. I know it can be disruptive to a community and I do wish I could have gotten it done quicker. Just lots of stuff going on and not a lot of sleep. Plus I'm not the most technically savvy guy :?
Luckily I have awesome friends who can help.
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 3/18 Update: Guests coming to forum & more

Post by cgstong » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:29 am

3/18 Update

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know first that we will be having Shane Taylor do a sort of AMA here on the forum in a few weeks! This is one of many exclusive features I want for the forum/website. I hope to have more ROH talent present and maybe from the past, come on the forum and talk to you all.

We of course thank him for this and encourage all of you to check him out on twitter and visit his two stores (both of which have some awesome stuff)
https://twitter.com/shane216taylor
https://www.bottomlinemerch.com/collect ... ane-taylor
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/shanetaylor

Still working out a few things about the forum and website but all back-end stuff that you probably won't notice but just letting you know that we are still trying to make this a great experience for you all including having the forum and site load quicker. I am also still looking for quality contributors to the website.

Have a great weekend!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 3/20 Update: YB Merch Giveaway is LIVE

Post by cgstong » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:18 am

3/20 Update

Hey Everyone,

So our Young Bucks Merch Giveaway that I've been talking about now for what seems like years is finally LIVE!
I wanted to try to post it in the forum but the code didn't work so here it is. Please share around! Thanks!

http://rohworld.com/young-bucks-merch-giveaway/

Also wanted to mention again that we'll be having Shane Taylor here in the forum in the next 2 weeks to do a Q&A. Be sure to follow him on twitter and check out his two stores

https://twitter.com/shane216taylor
https://www.bottomlinemerch.com/collect ... ane-taylor
http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/shanetaylor
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 3/20 Update: YB Merch Giveaway is LIVE

Post by cgstong » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Not worth a full update but here are some sneak peaks at a secret project we have going on for ROHworld

Image Image
photo hosting
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 3/31 Update: Happy WM Weekend & more

Post by cgstong » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:46 am

3/31 Update

Hey everyone!

Happy Wrestlemania Weekend!

Just wanted to let you know what has been going on behind the scenes. Still efforting to get the update for the forum going but we should have it figured out and the board may have to shut down for a day or so to really make sure it works out but I am really glad we didn't have to lose any info including login info etc. phpBB is not easy to work with lol

Also hope you're enjoying the new content on ROHworld.com with news updates, new columnists, etc. I do want to announce that Supersonic from here on the board is joining the team and we really appreciate that. His reviews and long form posts are enjoyed here on the forum and I figured why not expand that. Glad to have him as part of the team.

Again have an awesome WM weekend!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

dhads7161

Re: 3/31 Update: Happy WM Weekend & more

Post by dhads7161 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:44 am

Anyone else bought a match tee from the Superstore? I bought the Triple H vs. Rollins shirt and on the receipt it rang up as a Roman Reigns vs. Undertaker shirt...smh. No wonder Reigns has become the top merch seller if he's getting credit for other people's sells.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 5/12 Update: What's been going on

Post by cgstong » Fri May 12, 2017 12:11 pm

5/12 Update

Hey everyone!

Been a while since I did one of these but it's been busy with my finishing up school (finally...only took 100 years) and having my shoot job ramping up until next weekend things have been progressing slowly. I truly do appreciate all the support you've shown ROHworld and the forum.

The week of 5/22 I will be updating the forum to the current version. I will post with at least 48 hours notice of the forum going down and then hopefully we can get some new features in here. I apologize for it taking longer than imagined. My friend who is helping is doing some much needed home construction so I didn't want to bug him too much but I do think we can achieve the update within the week. It's a bunch of techno mumbo jumbo but we'll be practicing on his server before performing update here so as to make sure we don't lose any data.

As always I want your feedback either in comments in this thread or direct messages here or email contact@rohworld.com

Thank you again for all your support!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 6/6 Update: Forum Will Be Down on Thurs

Post by cgstong » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:34 pm

6/6 Update

Hey everyone!

Hope things are going well. So FINALLY I have the time to update the forum to the current phpBB update. This will take place Thurs 6/8. I would like to say around 3pm EST 12pm PST. I don't know exactly how long it will be down as during the testing of updating the forum it didn't take too long but at the same time, issues to occur.

I would safely say it could be down between 4-6 hours. If you have any questions please post them in this thread or private message me.

Also we will be recording a new Podcast of Honor on Sun morning so the Questions thread will be updated with that and youcan find that HERE

Thanks again for all the support and welcome to the new members!
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Wilson

Post by Wilson » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:53 am

The updated board has a LOOK. Really digging the aesthetic changes and some of under-the-hood tinkering, which makes the site feel snappier. Great job, cgstong!

King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:55 am

I love the forum's new look. Great job to all involved!

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Re: 6/14 THE FORUM IS FINALLY UPDATED

Post by cgstong » Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:25 pm

6/14

THE FORUM IS FINALLY UPDATED!!

After a few technical issues concerning files, and ht access, and servers, and all this techno mumbo jumbo the phpBB software is finally updated. That means we can now add more features to this forum and have access to more things that can make this forum awesome and more accessible to all of you.

Thank you everyone for your patience during this time! I know I've promised a lot and probably haven't fulfilled half of it, but trust me I plan on a lot and doing a lot more in conjunction with FTC, NJPW, ROH and talent to make this board a ton more fun for you all.

If you have any questions shoot a message here or email me at contact@rohworld.com
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm

I hate to be that guy, but I found the old look to be much sleeker and less of an eye-sore.

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:41 pm

Big Red Machine wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:30 pm
I hate to be that guy, but I found the old look to be much sleeker and less of an eye-sore.
Totally agree. I loved the last update, the blue one, I don't really like today's design. I liked more the old ROHWorld.com homesite too.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:31 pm

The blue one is phpBB basic design which would be fine.

The old theme unfortunately is not compliant with the new update but I will try to find a theme more like it.

What about this one is an eye sore?

Also the old ROHworld.com theme is fine but I think the site needs an update to differentiate it from PWPonderings
or Fb.com/ROHworld

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:19 pm

The very light blue on white.

AlexROH

Post by AlexROH » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:40 am

It would be cool if you could use ROH's colours on the forum. I mean, black, white and red. But not the first red you put, a darker red.

cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong » Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:52 am

I am definitely efforting to get a forum look I like first, such as this one. Which if the light blue on white bugs you sorry and then I will be changing it to be ROH colors for sure. Just want to get a look down and see how easy it is to configure extensions such as being able to let you guys upload images automatically instead of having to get them from somewhere else first.

I do appreciate all the feedback. It's what I want!
or Fb.com/ROHworld