ROH 2016 TV Worker of the Year

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Jay Lethal's Hair

ROH 2016 TV Worker of the Year

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

This isn't a year-in-review category here, but something I've put some thought into.

If you asked me in June it was KUSHIDA, but in taking the whole year into account, I could make a strong case that Lio Rush had the best year on TV for ROH.

The TPT featuring a **** match with Punisher Martinez (plus the other two rounds, which were good), the Dijak match, the tag with Jay White vs the Briscoes, and the Gresham match standout.

The ACH match was unfortunately pretty short.

Truthfully Lethal had two huge ones in O'Reilly and the Cabana rematch, but I kind of like the quality of depth Lio put together.

Who else would you nominate?
FanSinceHDNet

Re: ROH 2016 TV Worker of the Year

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Lethal is my pick and Rush had a great year but...

If Jay White, KAMAITACHI, or KUSHIDA had larger bodies of work, they'd be there, too.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I might have to agree. Lio Rush did have a great body of work this year on television.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Lio Rush
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote: The TPT featuring a **** match with Punisher Martinez
Oh, wow, I completely forgot about that match. That was pretty great wasn't it?

Lio is pretty special. He really makes the 4-10 minute match format work so well, like many of the X-Division wrestlers did a decade ago, and that's what I think this category really rewards.

I think some runners up could be Jonathan Gresham (whom was a treat every time), Roderick Strong, KUSHIDA, Kamaitachi, The Briscoes, and Keith Lee and Shane Taylor.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

lizard man and roh knows that jon gresham is great, they put him in very good matches, cant wait to see him vs scurll from the last tv tapings, he can make the list for tv worker of the year.

lio rush great tv matches vs dijak,ach,briscoes,gresham...i repeat he is the number 1 for me.

my top 5

rush
jay white
jay briscoe
dijak
gresham.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Jay Briscoe. If I was a new fan and saw Jay for the first time, I would be sold on the product. 100% percent believable character. Consistently great on promos. Ring work always solid. A great service to the TV product.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote: The TPT featuring a **** match with Punisher Martinez (plus the other two rounds, which were good), the Dijak match, the tag with Jay White vs the Briscoes, and the Gresham match standout.
It's another small feather, but I finally caught the 4-on-4 match from FB weekend TV. That match was built around Lethal/Rush (who have very good chemistry) and Lio was the absolute standout.

Similar to ACH, Lio's work really flourishes in those TV match windows they have (around 11 minutes).