ROH on Traditional Cable PPV

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
sparkmonster

ROH on Traditional Cable PPV

Post by sparkmonster »

I'm trying to collect all of the ROH events that have aired on traditional cable PPV. Does anyone have a list of events that have aired in that format?

Thanks!

Andrew
AlexROH

Re: ROH on Traditional Cable PPV

Post by AlexROH »

Best in the World 2014
Final Batlle 2014

13th Anniversary
Best in the World 2015
All Star Extravaganza VII
Final Battle 2015

14th Anniversary
Global Wars
Best in the World 2016
Death Before Dishonor XV
All Star Extravaganza VIII
Final Battle 2016
sparkmonster

Post by sparkmonster »

Thanks AlexROH! I really appreciate the help.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

sparkmonster wrote:I'm trying to collect all of the ROH events that have aired on traditional cable PPV. Does anyone have a list of events that have aired in that format?

Thanks!

Andrew
Are you counting the 2 hour tape-delayed PPVs from 2007-2009?
sparkmonster

Post by sparkmonster »

For now, I was only counting the ones that can be bought from cable operators, like Starrcade, Wrestlemania, etc. in the past. I was thinking of adding IPPVs at some point as well. Were the tape delayed shows from 2007-2009 on cable PPV also? And would they be readily available to find? I would like to add a lot more to my ROH library, but I'm not sure where to start, so I thought the traditional PPVs would be a good place.

Thanks!
Big Red Machine

sparkmonster wrote:For now, I was only counting the ones that can be bought from cable operators, like Starrcade, Wrestlemania, etc. in the past. I was thinking of adding IPPVs at some point as well. Were the tape delayed shows from 2007-2009 on cable PPV also? And would they be readily available to find? I would like to add a lot more to my ROH library, but I'm not sure where to start, so I thought the traditional PPVs would be a good place.

Thanks!
Yes, the tape-delayed ones were on regular cable PPV. They are an absolutely fantastic jumping on point because for all but the last one, the company was DVD-only, so Gabe was very cognizant of the fact that there would be new fans who would be only be following the product through bimonthly PPVs, so he booked the PPVs in such a way that they were able to tell stories that you only needed to see the PPVs to follow and the announcers did a fantastic job of getting the audience up to speed on everything they might need to know. They also happen to contain some of the best matches in ROH history.
The shows are:
Respect Is Earned
Driven
Man Up
Undeniable
Rising Above
Take No Prisoners
Respect Is Earned II
New Horizons
Driven 2008
Rising Above 2008
Caged Collision
Take No Prisoners 2009

Note that Adam Pearce takes over the book between Driven 2008 and Rising Above 2008, although most of the card for Rising Above 2008 was booked by Gabe (though not necessarily the finishes), so if you don't want to look or all twelve that is a fine place to stop. Also, after Rising Above 2008 they stop being booked as episodically as they were an Caged Collision really isn't a particularly good show.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Man Up is considered one of the best PPVs of that time period of any promotion too, just saying.

If you wanted to hear a review of that show http://www.pwponderings.com/2013/09/23/ ... ocast-man/
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
sparkmonster

Post by sparkmonster »

Okay, thanks for all the helpful advice from everyone! I have started seeking out affordable copies of the 2007-2009 tape delayed PPVs and found a cheap copy of Respect Is Earned. The heat in that venue is CRAZY!!! I only started watching ROH in 2014 as I was able to attend the Best in the World live PPV in Nashville. I love ROH, but man... the atmosphere in 2007 was so much hotter! I love a crowd a like that.
Big Red Machine

I have a copy of Driven. PM me if you're interested.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Big Red Machine wrote: Yes, the tape-delayed ones were on regular cable PPV. They are an absolutely fantastic jumping on point because for all but the last one, the company was DVD-only, so Gabe was very cognizant of the fact that there would be new fans who would be only be following the product through bimonthly PPVs, so he booked the PPVs in such a way that they were able to tell stories that you only needed to see the PPVs to follow and the announcers did a fantastic job of getting the audience up to speed on everything they might need to know. They also happen to contain some of the best matches in ROH history.
The shows are:
Respect Is Earned
Driven
Man Up
Undeniable
Rising Above
Take No Prisoners
Respect Is Earned II
New Horizons
Driven 2008
Rising Above 2008
Caged Collision
Take No Prisoners 2009

Note that Adam Pearce takes over the book between Driven 2008 and Rising Above 2008, although most of the card for Rising Above 2008 was booked by Gabe (though not necessarily the finishes), so if you don't want to look or all twelve that is a fine place to stop. Also, after Rising Above 2008 they stop being booked as episodically as they were an Caged Collision really isn't a particularly good show.
This is a super helpful post, thank you.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

cgstong wrote:Man Up is considered one of the best PPVs of that time period of any promotion too, just saying.

If you wanted to hear a review of that show http://www.pwponderings.com/2013/09/23/ ... ocast-man/
The best ROH show I have ever attended.