The Honor Roll: ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

The Honor Roll: ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For those of you who may not be aware, Voices of Wrestling (a site I write for) and Place To Be Nation are coming together for a special project in honor (no pun intended) of ROH's 15th Anniversary, which is coming up early next year. Here's a description from the original post about the project on the VOW Forums (another forum I also frequent):
To celebrate Ring of Honor’s upcoming 15th anniversary in February of 2017, Place to Be Nation and Voices of Wrestling are teaming up to present The Honor Roll: ROH’s 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever, held exclusively here on the Voices of Wrestling forums.

Sponsored by Rich and Mike from Voices of Wrestling and Brad and Chad from Place to Be Nation, anyone can nominate a past or present Ring of Honor wrestler for the project by creating a new thread in The Honor Roll Nominations sub-forum and kicking off the discussion. Starting in early January of 2017, the voting process will be rolled out, with voting open through the end of January. As we build to the 15th anniversary, we’ll release the results throughout the month of February as a collaborative effort by both sites and staff.

The criteria are simple; the only qualification we ask for is to base your voting and decision-making on the work done in Ring of Honor. Anyone who has wrestled in Ring of Honor is eligible, but this project is not to rank their overall careers against one another; rather just their time in Ring of Honor Wrestling.

It doesn’t matter if you were a fan from their inception, or only jumped into ROH recently – all discussion is welcome. Keep a look out for articles and podcasts on the project along the way. We look forward to everyone’s participation.

If you have any questions on the process or project, please don't hesitate to post them here.
I think this is a really cool idea, and I encourage everyone to go over the VOW forums to check it out (if you haven't already), especially now that we're getting closer to that 15th Anniversary. My intentions for sharing it here is to get the word out to as many ROH fans as possible. For me, coming up with my own personal Top 50 has been very difficult, and I'm sure a variety of people are going to be looking at a number of different factors, when it comes to who makes it onto their list, and who they ultimately vote for. I'll provide some links here to the original posting on the VOW forums (it's being held exclusively there), and the section containing all of the various subthreads on all of the wrestlers who have been nominated. Again, it's a very cool project, and if you've been a fan of ROH for any length of time, its an awesome topic to discuss.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/ ... =53&t=1317

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/ ... m.php?f=54
Brada

Re: The Honor Roll: ROH's 50 Greatest Wrestlers Ever

Post by Brada »

Damn, wish I could check that out while I'm at work, bastards have it firewall'd.

Top 50 of all time would be tough for me. I was a bit late to the game (2007), but even in these 10 years, would still be a tough list for me once I had my Top 10 shuffled in the correct order...
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Really encourage everyone to check this out. There are links to everyone that has a designated thread in the Master Nomination links pinned post.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Just finished mine a few minutes ago. Kind of surprised that I filled it as easily as I did.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

The PTBN/VOW Honor Roll Project is now live!! Voting is open through the month of February, and the results will be revealed in the week leading up to the 15th Anniversary Show.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2017/0 ... -now-live/
Jay Lethal's Hair

Good work Rick and Sean - thanks.

Lot of ballots in already, don't sleep on the Non-Wrestler list either. Encourage everyone to share their thoughts in the nominations thread also.
Jay Lethal's Hair

A good number of ballots have been submitted already - be sure to get yours in before the end of the month:

http://placetobenation.com/the-honor-ro ... -now-live/