ROH MVP 2016

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ROH MVP 2016

Post by monster mafia »

glad they dont waste ppv stuff with burger and diesel anymore.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Post by Jay Lethal's Hair »

Brada wrote:Wonder if there would be any support for Joey Daddiego getting consideration?
He slipped into my top 100.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Jay Lethal's Hair wrote:Don't think he's been mentioned much, but I could make a strong case for Christopher Daniels at #3 - maybe #4 behind Cole.
I had Christopher Daniels 2nd. At 46 years old the guy is fucking unbelievable. Daniels really shines when he is calling these multi-tag matches, making sure guys are in their respective spots and understanding the crowd psychology. He also hands down had THE best promo in all of wrestling this year. I rarely get sappy when wrestlers retire. Bryan Danielson being one, but I really hold Daniels in the same regard. We can piss and moan about how unwarranted a 2nd Addiction tag title run was,but fuck they made the most of it.
Jay Lethal's Hair

Man, after watching Fish/Ospreay I think I need to change my vote. Fish goes out on top with his reign. Stellar stuff.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

Yeah, I have Fish up there. He's been KILLING it in the TV title scene. Can't recall one actively bad Fish match this year.
Jack

Post by Jack »

I'm terrible at remembering standout matches so I wont try and rack my brain but just go by the general vibe and my guy feeling. Fish, Castle, Cole and Lethal all have been amazing you could pick anyone one of those four and I wouldn't even bat and eyelid or question that decision.

Seriously Castle needs a run with the TV title in 2017, his character is infections and perfect for a TV product.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

It looks as if Bobby Fish is deservedly running away with this. Still waiting to hear from some of you other guys, pro or con, of your thoughts on this.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Here's an interesting pick: Kevin Kelly.

Things started seemingly to tighten up TV and PPV wise when the rumors of involvement increased.

The second half of 2015 and first half of 2016 were a little flatter than normal. Kevin Kelly gets promoted and things change for the better. Am I reading too much into that?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:Here's an interesting pick: Kevin Kelly.

Things started seemingly to tighten up TV and PPV wise when the rumors of involvement increased.

The second half of 2015 and first half of 2016 were a little flatter than normal. Kevin Kelly gets promoted and things change for the better. Am I reading too much into that?
valid point.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:

valid point.
I don't think things picked up until the UK tour, and at least in terms of his role as an announcer, I don't think Kevin Kelly has helped improve the product in any way.
Jay Lethal's Hair

The first time you really see this is the Best in the World TV taping so that's your starting point. His new position helped take some things off Delirious' shoulders and communication-wise it had to have helped with talent also.

This was pretty much right after you heard all the negative stuff coming out of the War of the Worlds tour.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I was kind of looking more at workers not employees. However, you do make an interesting point.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Whoever decided to stop being cheap on talent signings gets my vote.
yomadcool

Post by yomadcool »

Jay Lethal with Adam Cole at a close second