Official Final Battle 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Official Final Battle 2016 Thread

Post by monster mafia »

RING OF HONOR WRESTLING PRESENTS
FINAL BATTLE LIVE ON PAY PER VIEW
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2ND
THE MANHATTAN CENTER’S HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM
NEW YORK CITY
7:30PM DOORS OPEN / 8:45PM PRE SHOW / 9PM BELL TIME

PRE-SHOW Taped for YOUTUBE
LUCHA RULES
TEMPURA BOYZ (SHO & YO) VS. CHEESEBURGER & WILL FERRARA

12/2/16 LINEUP

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
KYLE O'REILLY VS. ADAM COLE (c)

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP - 4 CORNER SURVIVAL
DRAGON LEE VS. BOBBY FISH VS. WILL OSPREAY VS. MARTY SCURLL (c)

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
MARK & JAY BRISCOE VS. YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON) (c)

ROH SIX MAN TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT FINALS
LIO RUSH/JAY WHITE/KUSHIDA VS. THE KINGDOM

CODY RHODES VS. JAY LETHAL

JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER VS. SILAS YOUNG

GRUDGE MATCH
COLT CABANA VS. DALTON CASTLE W/ THE BOYS

MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS (ALEX SHELLEY & CHRIS SABIN) & DONOVAN DIJAK VS COLEMAN, KING, & TITUS
Last edited by monster mafia on Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Final Battle 2016 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

This card actually looks really solid on paper. I think every match has the chance to be good. MCMG & Dijak vs. The Cabinet (or I guess The Rebellion? Is that what they're called now?) will probably be added as an eighth match.

It also appears that Lio Rush is replacing ACH in the Six-Man Tag Team Title Tournament Finals. I can't wait for commentary to brush off ACH's sudden departure as a "contract dispute"....:roll:
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:It also appears that Lio Rush is replacing ACH in the Six-Man Tag Team Title Tournament Finals. I can't wait for commentary to brush off ACH's sudden departure as a "contract dispute"....:roll:
What do you want them to do, be honest?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

it looks like a pre show match is set..

maybe the addiction vs some tag team?
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

I highly doubt The Addiction will be on the pre-show. Their The Addiction for Christ sake. Plus MCMG and Dijak still need matches.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

I really like this year's card. Looks awesome on paper. Dijak/MCMG vs Rebellion look like the last match that will complete de card, IMO. About Daniels & Kaz... I think they'll do some type of promo or attack, I don't want another 9 match card for a 3 hour show. This is Final Battle, and the matches deserve more in-ring time.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Kind of a underwhelming card. I know about television title situation but I would have preferred they waited and have will vs Cody and Marty going against Lethal with Lethal hopefully on his way out putting over marty.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Hoping they add MCMG vs. The Addiction vs. ANX and maybe put Dijak vs. Coleman or someone else on the Pre-Show.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
The Dragon Saga

christopherclinton55 wrote:Kind of a underwhelming card. I know about television title situation but I would have preferred they waited and have will vs Cody and Marty going against Lethal with Lethal hopefully on his way out putting over marty.
So put a new talent directly against another new talent, one who is coming off the back of a run in WWE and put another new talent against the former ROH World Champion who there is no guarantee or indication yet he is leaving, and put said new talent over just because?

Who are you? Konnan?
Brada

Post by Brada »

The Dragon Saga wrote:
christopherclinton55 wrote:Kind of a underwhelming card. I know about television title situation but I would have preferred they waited and have will vs Cody and Marty going against Lethal with Lethal hopefully on his way out putting over marty.
So put a new talent directly against another new talent, one who is coming off the back of a run in WWE and put another new talent against the former ROH World Champion who there is no guarantee or indication yet he is leaving, and put said new talent over just because?

Who are you? Konnan?
Well played Dragon Saga......I'm a fan of your work.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

underwhelming card :lol: :lol:

mcmg and dijak are going against the rebellion

i would like to see addiction vs lee & taylor..but i dont think is gonna happen-
Brada

Post by Brada »

I would have liked to have seen that as well. I talked to Keith Lee at SOTF and asked him if he was booked for FB...he said he wasn't but wished that he was....
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

i think lee and taylor are gonna break into roh full time next year.

imagine them vs briscoes at some point.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

The Dragon Saga wrote:

Who are you? Konnan?
No I am not Konnan. But I understand that Lethal vs Cody Rhodes no one has anything to gain, atleast with Marty beating Lethal at final battle would have been intriguing. Scurll is actually signed with the promotion so even if Lethal does resign with ROH it would be a fresh fued and he could get his revenge at SCOH. While Cody Rhodes vs Ospreay would be a great match with Ospreay would benefit more from beating Rhodes than Lethal would.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Awesome story time with Adam Cole video :
ImageImage
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Great promo, but the graphics in the end might have been even better
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
The Dragon Saga

christopherclinton55 wrote:
The Dragon Saga wrote:

Who are you? Konnan?
No I am not Konnan. But I understand that Lethal vs Cody Rhodes no one has anything to gain, atleast with Marty beating Lethal at final battle would have been intriguing. Scurll is actually signed with the promotion so even if Lethal does resign with ROH it would be a fresh fued and he could get his revenge at SCOH. While Cody Rhodes vs Ospreay would be a great match with Ospreay would benefit more from beating Rhodes than Lethal would.
The card gains. The show gains. It's essentially the face of ROH vs. a star off the back of a seven year run in WWE. People know who Jay Lethal is, casuals know who Cody Rhodes is, it's to gain more buys for the show to try and make a profit to try and be financially viable. Cody Rhodes is in ROH for at least six months, if he beats Lethal how does he not gain anything? He'll most likely be a top contender for the ROH World Championship, a win over a guy who held the title for just under a year is a pretty good way to make a statement on your debut. Marty Scurll already has a title, Will Ospreay has already had a title and had the entire Internet fanbase talking about how he made his ROH debut. Your idea makes little sense, Cody Rhodes vs. Jay Lethal makes perfect sense.
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

I agree with TDS. I am actually looking forward to this show. No complaints with anything in terms of matches. I am hoping Young vs. Liger delivers. Intrigued by Lethal vs. Rhodes only to see how Cody performs in front of his ROH match. I think the 4 way is going to be fucking awesome. Briscoes vs. Young Bucks should be entertaining. Most importantly, waiting for Cole to retain and move onto someone else.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

final ppv match: MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS & DIJAK VS. COLEMAN, KING, & TITUS
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Awesome card, the only match I'm not interested in is Rhodes vs Lethal, apart from that every match should deliver.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer