Official Final Battle 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
WHG

Re: Official Final Battle 2016 Thread

Post by WHG »

Brada wrote:The only thing I have seen is the "Story Time" with Adam Cole video.....was hoping there would be more hype videos.
The Castle/Cabana package (up on their Facebook page) is pretty good.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

they put that on facebook not twitter, the story time video is private on youtube.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

Pretty sure this week will have a ton of FB stuff coming out obviously but does make it annoying for preview purposes!
If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

The Castle/Cabana one is SO good. I am very excited for that match.
Brada

Post by Brada »

agreed. Good preview. Hopefully the match delivers. I have a feeling it will.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Let's talk match placement....

I was going back and forth with what to open with, narrowing it down to Castle/Cabana or the 6 man tag finals........I was trying to think of a logical order for the show in terms of pace, performance, and importance....here is what I think they will go with...

Castle/Cabana
Kingdom/Rush-White-Kushida
Liger/Silas
Scurll/Ospreay/Lee/Fish
Lethal/Rhodes
MCMG-Dijak/Cabinet
Bucks/Briscoes
Cole/O'Reilly
Rich of Honor

Post by Rich of Honor »

Brada wrote:Let's talk match placement....

I was going back and forth with what to open with, narrowing it down to Castle/Cabana or the 6 man tag finals........I was trying to think of a logical order for the show in terms of pace, performance, and importance....here is what I think they will go with...

Castle/Cabana
Liger/Silas
Scurll/Ospreay/Lee/Fish
Lethal/Rhodes
MCMG-Dijak/Cabinet
Bucks/Briscoes
Cole/O'Reilly
I think this looks good, but there needs to be a match between the ROH World title match and the tag match just to give the fans a "break" for lack of a better term. I heard the Bucks/Briscoes were amazing in England and if they repeat that sort of performance you might tire the crowd outgoing into that final match.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I thought about flip flopping the Bucks/Briscoes and Guns-Dijak/Cabinet match....but I think for PPV presentation, they will go Bucks/Briscoes semi main....
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Brada wrote:I thought about flip flopping the Bucks/Briscoes and Guns-Dijak/Cabinet match....but I think for PPV presentation, they will go Bucks/Briscoes semi main....
I would honestly have it open the show. These two teams (plus ANX) opened FB last year and it got the crowd on their feet and buzzing through the night.
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

I'm actually looking forward to FB. Though not completely, I'm finally somewhat sold on Kyle O'Reilly. Silas vs. Liger should be fun. To me Silas is one of ROH's more underrated talents and my third favorite current ROH wrestler, Liger is a fucking legend and my favorite Japanese wrestler of all time. Lethal vs. Rhodes seems interesting, so many ways to go with that, Lethal really is the guy for the company now and it's Cody's debut. All depends on what the plans with Rhodes are. The TV title match could be a sleeper with all the guys in that match Dragon Lee I'm not too familiar with but I liked what I saw at ASE, Fish is always entertaining, and fucking Ospreay and fucking Scurll I'm gonna bust a nut. Cabana vs. Castle meh. and one too many six man tags but I guess they need to get the first champions' first contenders, was going to put max points on Kingdom in pick ems but I could see Kushida, Rush, and White winning it then defending against the Guns and Dijak as the Guns are supposed to be recruiting this super group that includes Kushida, Rush, and White. Could really give a shit less about Bucks vs. Briscoes, how many times have we seen this match since 2014?
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Rich of Honor wrote:
Brada wrote:Let's talk match placement....

Castle/Cabana
Liger/Silas
Scurll/Ospreay/Lee/Fish
Lethal/Rhodes
MCMG-Dijak/Cabinet
Bucks/Briscoes
Cole/O'Reilly
I think this looks good, but there needs to be a match between the ROH World title match and the tag match just to give the fans a "break" for lack of a better term. I heard the Bucks/Briscoes were amazing in England and if they repeat that sort of performance you might tire the crowd outgoing into that final match.
Nice Wolverine pic, guy.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

For those who might have missed it, Pick 'Ems for the PPV are now open:

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 00#p138100
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Silas vs Liger should be the opener, play Liger music first thing into the show and you will have the crowd already into the show.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

One little question, If I buy the PPV as an iPPV, I mean, in the website, Will I be able to watch it live? Or will I have to wait until the PPV is over?
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote:One little question, If I buy the PPV as an iPPV, I mean, in the website, Will I be able to watch it live? Or will I have to wait until the PPV is over?
It streams live, plus you get the "ringside" discount if you are a member. Currently that's what I will be doing, my only concern is that I have had a very intermittent stream at times and one very bad one but it seems every time I've tried to watch a PPV their has been a storm or something happening which could have affected the connection so I don't know if that's why I have experienced issues or the streaming service ROH provides is still poor.

With regards to the card I guess it depends how they want to pace the show and what matches ROH determine to be important.

My take would be,

Liger/Silas
3 Man Tag
Lethal/Rhodes
TV title
Trios Title
Cabana/Castle
Briscoes/Bucks
O'Reilly/Cole

I would feel that the TV title match might be a great way to start the show but I think starting so hot might hinder the crowd later.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

Brada

Post by Brada »

The FutureShock Adam Cole, all clean shaven, is hard to take seriously...lol
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

This weekend Ring of Honor will be hosting special meet and greet autograph sessions prior to Friday's Final Battle in NYC and Sunday's TV taping event in Philadelphia! These special sessions will begin 90 minutes prior to each event's advertised bell time.

Below is the list of ROH stars appearing at each event, as well as our pricing options to ensure you get all the autographs you want!

12/2 FINAL BATTLE 2016
ROH WORLD CHAMPION: ADAM COLE
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON)
KYLE O'REILLY
JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER
CODY RHODES
MARTY SCURLL
WILL OSPREAY
LIO RUSH

12/4 PHILADELPHIA TV TAPING
ROH WORLD CHAMPION: ADAM COLE
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS: YOUNG BUCKS (NICK & MATT JACKSON)
CODY RHODES
KUSHIDA
JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER
WILL OSPREAY
MARTY SCURLL
TAELER HENDRIX

PRICING IS AS FOLLOWS
Singles Wrestlers - $20 (1) Personal item or 8x10 (ROH supplied) signed & (1) Posed Photo
Tag Team Wrestlers - $30 (1) Personal item or 8x10 (ROH supplied) signed & (1) Posed Photo
ndp

Post by ndp »

I think Lethal/Cody may be the semi-main. They’ve been promoting it and Cody a fair amount on social media this week and probably think he’s a big draw. It has big enough names for that spot and the main event won’t have a hard time following it like it would a big spot heavy Bucks/Briscoes match. I think it’ll be fine, but I don’t see it being a blowaway match. I wouldn't be surprised if Cody wins. I would book Lethal to win, but Cody's sticking around for at least a few months, he's probably one of the highest paid guys in the company, and has some national name value so I could see them wanting to give him a big win in his first match to justify bringing him in. I think he should win his first match since that's my default opinion on guys coming in and sticking around awhile. I just wouldn't have had him go over Lethal in his first match. If Lethal is getting the title shot at the Anniversary Show then I hope he wins at Final Battle.

I wonder if they’re going to update the Final Battle event page to include The Kingdom before the PPV. “???” is still listed as the second team in the in the six-man tournament finals. I don’t understand why they didn’t list the Kingdom when they quietly swapped out ACH for Lio Rush a week or two ago or when they added the second six-man in the last couple days. A complete match listing should be posted on their site at least a week before their big show. Doing it for the opening match for a live event that 400 people go to is one thing. Doing it for the match to crown the first champions for your new title that has a lot going against it at Final Battle is less excusable.