Stuff that annoys you

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Duke of Bridgewater

Re: Stuff that annoys you

Post by Duke of Bridgewater »

OK, ROH isn't following the concept of a TV title anymore, but...
Big Red Machine wrote:Even the "Honor Heritage Title" would have been better.
I always wondered: What is the idea of a "Heritage Title"?

Jim Crockett introduced a "Western States Heritage Title" in the late 1980's, shortly after retiring so many regional NWA belts. What does this name mean? You don't inherit the title, right?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Duke of Bridgewater wrote:OK, ROH isn't following the concept of a TV title anymore, but...
Big Red Machine wrote:Even the "Honor Heritage Title" would have been better.
I always wondered: What is the idea of a "Heritage Title"?

Jim Crockett introduced a "Western States Heritage Title" in the late 1980's, shortly after retiring so many regional NWA belts. What does this name mean? You don't inherit the title, right?
It's honoring the previous wrestling history, like FIP's Florida Heritage Title was meant to honor Championship Wrestling from Florida.
WHG

Post by WHG »

To me, the "Sinclair won't invest in ROH" narrative is dead. Since the middle of 2015 or so, they upped their game significantly on production, after making gradual small upgrades prior. The lighting rig, entrance screens, and video packages make the show look as good as it needs to look. The show looks really good now. They also upgraded the ring and now seem to transport it everywhere they go instead of renting local rings for far away venues, which they did even for big shows in early 2015.

They also obviously upped the talent Budget, which is something they get very little credit for and committed to a 6 PPV schedule this year, which I'm skeptical made them any money. Signing Ospreay and Scurll is another positive sign that they're willing to invest.

The annoying thing for me is the stupid angles (KRD, Corino/Whitmer/Sullivan) and lack of pushes for talented guys like ACH.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

The fact that they don't put DVDs out in a timely manner anymore. I specifically passed on buying the VOD for Field of Honor expecting to be able to pick it up in the Thanksgiving sale, but it's still not out almost three months after the show.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Naggers.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
Fidel Costco

Post by Fidel Costco »

In promos, when the wrestler starts a statement with "You know what," "Let me tell you something," or anything like that. Not for any other reason than it's contaminated my speech patterns.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Fidel Costco wrote:In promos, when the wrestler starts a statement with "You know what," "Let me tell you something," or anything like that. Not for any other reason than it's contaminated my speech patterns.
I agree. Redundant statements. "Let me tell you something"? You're already telling me!
Brada

Post by Brada »

Kevin Kelly at the beginning of every "Post show report" starting the video with the "You have got to make sure you catch this show" line as if it is the greatest show of all time....lol
Brada

Post by Brada »

When wrestlers come out wearing their wrestling gear that are surprises on shows that come out to attack someone, but don't necessarily have a match on the show......so let's put all this shit on to go get on the mic, or sucker punch someone...
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:When wrestlers come out wearing their wrestling gear that are surprises on shows that come out to attack someone, but don't necessarily have a match on the show......so let's put all this shit on to go get on the mic, or sucker punch someone...
Agreed. I also hate, absolutely despise, is when Wrestler A is doing an in ring promo and the theme music for Wrestler B cuts in. This is more of a WWE thing and is just so stupid. It just gives the impression that all these guys are just chilling out together in back following a script. Yeah, I get it. It's wrestling and you're supposed to suspend disbelief, but it's so formulaic its makes me wretch.
Brada

Post by Brada »

it's like there is a fucking jukebox in gorilla as they are about to walk out, and they just cue the music up themselves and hit a button to play their own shit as they are about to stroll down to interfere...lmao
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Brada wrote:it's like there is a fucking jukebox in gorilla as they are about to walk out, and they just cue the music up themselves and hit a button to play their own shit as they are about to stroll down to interfere...lmao
Case in point, and I am positive you'll remember this, but back in UWF when Terry Taylor finally turned on Chris Adams. Watts spent weeks building this. The tension was palpable. When Taylor finally did the turn, the moment would have been crushed had we be doing this the WWE way of cuing the music before his entrance. The believability factor is so much more enveloping when it's not force fed to you.
Brada

Post by Brada »

excellent point.
Brada

Post by Brada »

speaking of UWF, I wish they would get all that up on the Network.