Question about field of honor

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
9 ball

Question about field of honor

Post by 9 ball »

I just watched field of honor 2014 (which I thoroughly enjoyed) & it got me wondering about MCU Park, why the hell would they put an event on in a ball park that only had the home plate stand & sections off to the left & right that were only 1/4 of the way full whilst leaving 95% empty?

Instead you could have hired a building & legitimately sold it out. To me holding big events in baseball stadiums will only ever work for WWE & it looked somewhat amateurish on ROH's part.
Brada

Re: Question about field of honor

Post by Brada »

great question. I wondered the same thing. I'm guessing w/ the strong NYC roots that ROH hoped having a unique venue might draw out more folks while maybe tapping into another genre within the sports market?? That's my best guess...
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The price of the MCU Park is very low. Even with a little crowd ROH makes a lot of money.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

AlexROH wrote:The price of the MCU Park is very low. Even with a little crowd ROH makes a lot of money.
I would guess they are "sold shows" like the GFW ones were. Venue pays for the show and is then responsible for promoting.