ROH TV Deal

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
9 ball

ROH TV Deal

Post by 9 ball »

With Portugal getting tv clearance to screen ROH, what do you think the chances are of the UK getting tv clearance to show the ROH tv show (and possibly the PPV's).
BurningHammer

Re: ROH TV Deal

Post by BurningHammer »

It's something I would love them to find, even though I can quite easily see it online I would rather have the ability to watch it on my TV. It also would be difficult as they're aren't that many channels that would want/could offer the time and money for ROH. If TNA goes bust then ROH might be able to take over their time slot on Challenge, I certainly don't see ROH offering them PPV's on delay like TNA do. The only thing that might be an option and I have no idea if this could happen but if ROH could get a deal with Spike TV UK, Bellator is shown live and it also has other sports orientated programs at times. So it could be a good tester to maybe bring ROH onto their USA programing.

ROH did have a similar deal in France and that ended rather swiftly so it might be a wait and see how this goes.
Last edited by BurningHammer on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

BurningHammer wrote:ROH did have a similar deal in France and that ended rather swiftly so it might be a wait and see how this goes.
The TV show in France was 4 weeks old, which was already a very big handicap when the show is available 4 days later on the website. I'm not sure but i think the show in Portugal is up to date.
ImageImage
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AssShooter wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:ROH did have a similar deal in France and that ended rather swiftly so it might be a wait and see how this goes.
The TV show in France was 4 weeks old, which was already a very big handicap when the show is available 4 days later on the website. I'm not sure but i think the show in Portugal is up to date.
Ahh I see, I didn't know it was on such a delay, I also seem to remember that the time for each episode was rather difficult as well. Hopefully it will be a good time slot and programing for both Sport and ROH. I'm surprised ROH hasn't tried stronger markets first like here in England or say Germany, I would have no idea how strong a market Portugal is for wrestling let alone ROH. I guess Sinclair might have stronger ties or ability to find programing slots for ROH elsewhere. It might also be interesting to know if ROH is actually getting any money through Sport or it's just free programing like everywhere else.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

The timeslot was probably the best they can have, 20h50, but since the channel is specialized in live sports events, they were often replaced by something else and there wasn't any replay.
It was worse when they were on MCM, the shows were one or two years old.

BTW, TNA just lost their place on Challenge TV, now they could replace them.
ImageImage
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AssShooter wrote:The timeslot was probably the best they can have, 20h50, but since the channel is specialized in live sports events, they were often replaced by something else and there wasn't any replay.
It was worse when they were on MCM, the shows were one or two years old.

BTW, TNA just lost their place on Challenge TV, now they could replace them.
To be honest 8:50 in the evening isn't a bad time slot, I actually thought it was 10:00 or 11:00 in the evening. But like with Portugal, France will have stronger sports than wrestling from Volleyball, Football and possibly a couple of others especially in Portugal where you have around 5 very well supported football teams that will have regular programing on the Sport station I imagine. Also with with many of them being involved in midweek European competitions it could hamper there viewership but hopefully ROH actually focused upon this when they were working with the deal and maybe many wrestling fans wont be football fans but it's unlikely.

With regards to Challenge I guess it just depends if they want wrestling back on their channel, it was certainly beneficial to both TNA and Challenge for the most part and managed to develop a very strong fan base for TNA in the UK. With Raw and WWE generally being trash or just not having much hype at the moment I think any other wrestling available on other channels would be a plus right now.