Official Glory By Honor 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
stevenkmason

Re: Official Glory By Honor 2016 Thread

Post by stevenkmason »

I'm excited for Dearborn. I'll be the near 7 footer in the front row.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

stevenkmason wrote:I'm excited for Dearborn. I'll be the near 7 footer in the front row.
How will we know which one is you if your legs are hidden by the barricade?
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

some new stuff tonight by reports:

-an women of honor angle

-and interesting alex shelley promo

- a main event moty candidate.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Sounds like a good weekend overall and some nice decisions booking wise and a couple not. I do like what happened with Castle and how also the main event ended up.
Spoiler: show
Having two shows end with main events as tag matches is a really nice
Montana

Post by Montana »

Show thoughts
Jay White and Dijak opened the main show. Pretty solid opener.
The Cabinet made short order of the Tempura boyz.
Angel De Oro took a nasty power bomb from the apron to the outside, so he was rattled most of the match, but after a few minutes he was able to shake it off and finish nicely. fans were pretty into this match.
MCMG vs Silas/Bruiser was a good matchup. Alex Shelley's promo at the end was kind of mysterious, but basically said the guns are looking for another member.
Punisher Martinez and BJ had a squash match... and it seemed like BJ did more of the work, which was surprising.
Hnagman Page beat ACH quick and fast.
Lethal vs Frankie Kazarian was a good match. Kaz looks to be in really good shape. (some annoying fan in the front tried to ruin the match)
Champs vs All Stars was good. Castle beating Cole was kind of the biggest news... THen Castle/Cabana challenged Young Bucks for the tag titles. Another good match, but the Bucks won. Colt closed the show with a promo basically saying there will be another day.

All in all, i'd say the fans were pretty happy again with this show. Didn't look that great on paper, but it flowed good.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Results for night 1 of Glory By Honor in Chicago Ridge: http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/765031- ... event-more

Results for night 2 of Glory By Honor in Dearborn: http://411mania.com/wrestling/roh-glory ... ain-event/
Montana wrote:Show thoughts
Jay White and Dijak opened the main show. Pretty solid opener.
The Cabinet made short order of the Tempura boyz.
Angel De Oro took a nasty power bomb from the apron to the outside, so he was rattled most of the match, but after a few minutes he was able to shake it off and finish nicely. fans were pretty into this match.
MCMG vs Silas/Bruiser was a good matchup. Alex Shelley's promo at the end was kind of mysterious, but basically said the guns are looking for another member.
Punisher Martinez and BJ had a squash match... and it seemed like BJ did more of the work, which was surprising.
Hnagman Page beat ACH quick and fast.
Lethal vs Frankie Kazarian was a good match. Kaz looks to be in really good shape. (some annoying fan in the front tried to ruin the match)
Champs vs All Stars was good. Castle beating Cole was kind of the biggest news... THen Castle/Cabana challenged Young Bucks for the tag titles. Another good match, but the Bucks won. Colt closed the show with a promo basically saying there will be another day.

All in all, i'd say the fans were pretty happy again with this show. Didn't look that great on paper, but it flowed good.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Did the Young Bucks go over Castle and Cabana definitely? Do you at think there's any room for a rematch Final Battle?

ACH took the pinfall in Chicago Ridge as well. Did he look emotionally in the match at all? Did he essentially do a job?

How was the main event (and its own sub-main event)? Some impressions say it was near around four stars--does that sound right?

Is stevenkmason Donovan Dijak?
Last edited by Wilson on Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so the ach situation is bad again on roh.

are they gonna split dijak and nana?
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

So when the main event turned into a tag title match did it remain an elimination match or become a completely new match?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Montana

Post by Montana »

Here you go:
Did the Young Bucks go over Castle and Cabana definitely? Do you at think there's any room for a rematch Final Battle?
Yes... The Bucks showcased their skill and won with their spike piledriver. I forget the name of it. A rematch at Final Battle is what i was thinking. Dalton did beat Cole... but i can't see him getting a shot at Final Battle. So that tag team seems to make the most sense for FB.

ACH took the pinfall in Chicago Ridge as well. Did he look emotionally in the match at all? Did he essentially do a job?
He came out, and Page jumped him early, and ACH didn't much get offense in. I'd say maybe 6-8 minute match. ACH looked professional.

How was the main event (and its own sub-main event)? Some impressions say it was near around four stars--does that sound right?

Yeah, i'd say 3.75- 4 stars. Wouldn't say match of the year contender or anything... but solid.

Is stevenkmason Donovan Dijak?
Could be... Dijak is a big guy.

- Hmm, seemed like typical upset he lost type of stuff.

So when the main event turned into a tag title match did it remain an elimination match or become a completely new match?

- It just turned into a one fall tag match.... so basically turned into a completely new match. When rating it, i kind of combined the two though. So each maybe 3.50-3.75 ea combined its about 4 stars.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Montana wrote:Here you go:
- It just turned into a one fall tag match.... so basically turned into a completely new match. When rating it, i kind of combined the two though. So each maybe 3.50-3.75 ea combined its about 4 stars.
Ugh that's so lame. Why couldn't they just finish the actual match?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

monster mafia wrote:so the ach situation is bad again on roh.

Hes got a match at Final Battle anyways so even if he is in the bad books, he's down for that. I'm pretty sure he signed his contract early this year and I don't see ROH handing out contracts longer than one year. If he's not happy or if ROH isn't happy with his conduct, that's fine, both should see the contract out like professionals and then when it expires go their merry ways. Lio Rush is a more than suitable replacement, is younger and probably won't be scouted by WWE any time soon due to his age.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

The ACH Adam Page situation is sickening
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

ROH Tag Team match at Final Battle
The match will be Bucks vs Briscoes, it was announced on the TV Tapings. I can see Castle/Cabana getting another shot but not there.
Mike0284

Post by Mike0284 »

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

poor scarlett

imagine when roh creates the woh championship(some day) and give the strap to klein without a tournament just like triple h.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

christopherclinton55 wrote:The ACH Adam Page situation is sickening
Why is it Sickening? Unfortunately this was likely because of what ACH did recently I imagine, considering before he was starting to gain momentum it would make no sense to do this like they have.
christopherclinton55

BurningHammer wrote:
Why is it Sickening? Unfortunately this was likely because of what ACH did recently I imagine, considering before he was starting to gain momentum it would make no sense to do this like they have.
Because of the time frame of the match. You could have fine him and have more of a competitive match with the same ending. No wonder he wants to leave if I had to put over a clown like Adam page I would want to as well
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

christopherclinton55 wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:
Because of the time frame of the match. You could have fine him and have more of a competitive match with the same ending. No wonder he wants to leave if I had to put over a clown like Adam page I would want to as well
You mean the same Adam Page that Jay Briscoe, a much more high profile, main event caliber wrestler also put over, but ACH should be irritated that he had to do it despite Adam being set-up for a World TV title match and ACH having just made a tit of himself (again). Yeah, checks out.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

BurningHammer wrote:
You could punished him monetarily but ACH made a public issue of this and generally whether you like or not most punishment's within wrestling are done very publicly generally as it hurt's more in some ways. From ROH's point I can understand why they did if it was a public punishment (I don't have to agree with it though, as if the rumours are true then ACH has a very well founded argument to voice his displeasure, but then it's all if, an's, but's and maybe's). If it was a booking decision, regardless of the situation then it was a terrible move and one that shouldn't of happened.

Page is certainly in the middle of a stronger push than I had thought originally and I can see him taking the title against Fish at FB if that is the plan, which is a good move over all. I really do hope a lot of guys stay in ROH as 2017 looks like it could be a lot of fun and a very strong product.
christopherclinton55

The Dragon Saga wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:
You mean the same Adam Page that Jay Briscoe, a much more high profile, main event caliber wrestler also put over, but ACH should be irritated that he had to do it despite Adam being set-up for a World TV title match and ACH having just made a tit of himself (again). Yeah, checks out.
You want to build him up fine have him face someone other than ACH also So what he not even over the bulletclub music hit the crowd pop until they see him coming out through the curtain