ROH 6 Man Tag Title Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Big Red Machine

Re: ROH Announces New 6-Man Tag Titles

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote:I think it's a team that can draw people in, it's a team that could take a loss or take the win and it certainly wouldn't hurt them in anyway, overall it's a well rounded team. What I will say is that it will need the right opponents and the right amount of time as they are going to need to a smooth match to actually impress people but it can't really be too long as they could look a little slow after a while. The perfect match for me would actually be to bring in another CMLL or Mexican trio. I can see the Addiction and Kamaitachi being their first match although I would love it be the team of ACH, Rush and White.
Addiction/Kamaitachi would be a good choice here, as at least two of the three (not sure about Kazarian) have a chunk of experience doing Lucha.
famicommander

Post by famicommander »

I don't think Frankie has ever worked for a traditional Lucha company but he did spend a long time in the X-Division in TNA.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:I think it's a team that can draw people in, it's a team that could take a loss or take the win and it certainly wouldn't hurt them in anyway, overall it's a well rounded team. What I will say is that it will need the right opponents and the right amount of time as they are going to need to a smooth match to actually impress people but it can't really be too long as they could look a little slow after a while. The perfect match for me would actually be to bring in another CMLL or Mexican trio. I can see the Addiction and Kamaitachi being their first match although I would love it be the team of ACH, Rush and White.
Addiction/Kamaitachi would be a good choice here, as at least two of the three (not sure about Kazarian) have a chunk of experience doing Lucha.
Yeah that's how I saw it, plus you have a lot of experience in keeping things on the straight and narrow and if a match is planned out then It should to followed to a T with all these guys. I think with Kazarian he will at least be familiar with the style if not could adapt pretty well.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Just noticed the Cabinet vs. the ACH/Rush/White team is booked for Lockport. Should be a fun little preview of the trios tournament.

Pittsburgh has Cabana/Lethal/Castle vs. Cole/Bucks. Foreshadowing one or two potential teams?
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote:Just noticed the Cabinet vs. the ACH/Rush/White team is booked for Lockport. Should be a fun little preview of the trios tournament.

Pittsburgh has Cabana/Lethal/Castle vs. Cole/Bucks. Foreshadowing one or two potential teams?
Probably just one. I don't see Cabana/Lethal/Castle continuing as a team.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So we have our first two first round tournament matches set:

- The Briscoes & Toru Yano vs. ACH/KUSHIDA/Jay White in Lowell

- The Addiction & Kamaitachi vs. Team CMLL in Baltimore

And we still need matches for The Kingdom, The Cabinet, and The Bullet Club (who could still be Cole/Bucks or Page/Bucks)

That leaves one extra team yet to be announced. Wonder who it could be?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Well here's my answer:

Composed of 2016 Top Prospects... Signed to compete in the 6-Man Tag Team Tournament @GiftKincaid @LeonStGiovanni @AbsoluteAli85 #WatchROH

(Jason Kincaid, Leon St. Giovanni, and Shaheem Ali)
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

A little underwhelmed with the teams but I guess I wasn't expecting much to begin with.

I think it's the dumbest thing ever that Nigel isn't forcing Bullet Club to reveal it's members. Nigel has to be a part of the Bullet Club faction the way he tends to them.

I'm thinking it's either gonna be The Addiction & Kamataichi or The New Kingdom taking the straps.

My guess would be The Addiction & Kamataichi after the promo Daniels just had on how having Gold is so important to him. I don't think they're keeping the Tag belts after Ladder War, but it'd be smart to put the 6 Man Tag belts on 'em after. I feel they could add some instant prestige to them.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Here's a weird video.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

TYFDK wrote:Here's a weird video.

roh explanation:

KUSHIDA TO REPLACE LIO RUSH IN SIX MAN TOURNAMENT

Ring of Honor is crowning inaugural World Six Man Tag Team Champions and the tournament kicks off on Friday September 30th at “All Star Extravaganza” in Lowell, MA on Pay-per-View. Teams are lining up for the chance to claim gold and make history but one team has a change in their lineup.

We recently learned that Lio Rush is being sent to Europe for a month-long tour by his friend and mentor Alex Shelley. The veteran Shelley has taken an active role in helping Rush, Jay White and other younger members of the ROH roster and Shelley believes the tour will give Lio more wrestling experience and seasoning, vital to his development.

But Shelley made a call to an old friend and tag team partner to fill Rush’s spot in the Six-Man Tournament. ROHWrestling.com can confirm that KUSHIDA will team with Jay White and ACH and this trio will face The Briscoe’s and Toru Yano on Friday September 30th at “All Star Extravaganza” live on Pay-per-View.

KUSHIDA teamed with Shelley in New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) and “Time Splitters” are two-time former IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions so Shelley knows KUSHIDA very well. On September 17th at the NJPW “Road to Destruction” event in Tokyo, KUSHIDA was beaten by BUSHI for the IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship and according to Shelley, KUSHIDA is anxious to get back on the winning track in the World Six-Man Tag Team Championship Tournament.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Matt Taven and his KINGDOM will face BULLET CLUB in the 1st round of the ROH 6-Man Tournament.
TYFDK

Re: ROH 6 Man Tag Title Thread

Post by TYFDK »

Updated the OP and thread title so that everything is all in one place.

Let me know if I forgot something.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Forgot to post this last week after the PPV, but here's the tournament bracket:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

TYFDK wrote:Updated the OP and thread title so that everything is all in one place.

Let me know if I forgot something.
Big thumbs up, TYFDK.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

So what does everyone think of the Kingdom as the first 6 Man champs? I think they'll grow on people as characters. So far as champs they've only beaten the trio of Cheeseburger, Will Ferrara and Joey Daddiego, but they have a month of title defenses coming up in February.

Undisputed Legacy
vs. War Machine & Jax Dane

Honor Reigns Supreme
vs. MCMG & Jay White

Steel City Excellence
vs. The Rebellion

The Experience
vs. TBA

Big defenses coming up, with other teams like Dalton Castle and the Boys looking for shots, and Silas and BCB looking for a 3rd man to challenge for the belts with, seems like there's no shortage of teams when it comes to the new championships.
King of Indy Style

Post by King of Indy Style »

I hate them. They're boring, their matches are boring, and Matt Taven is boring. He was boring by himself, he was boring in The Kingdom, he was boring in that absolutely god-awful Tag with Mike Bennett, and he's boring now. I'm a fan of the idea of the belts because it gives guys that may not have anything to do something, and hell, a 6-man tag spotfest can only enhance a card, but absolutely hate that they gave them to the absolute worst team out of the bunch.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Taven seems like a pretty creative guy and I would trust him with some of the overall direction of the group. So far they’ve been a weak unit, and they don’t necessarily work how I think a six-man team should—hell-for-leather fast, and excellent at finishing stretches. It’s reasonable to expect they will work better together soon, but I also hope their characters grow.

Personally I would like to see them mock the crowd for liking the quasi-heel Bullet Club. The Kingdom’s narrative should be a campaign against the affinities of the IWC, calling out and embellishing the flim-flam mindsets of all us Melvins. Taven’s already somewhat doing that; they all just have to lean into it a bit more.
King of Indy Style wrote:I hate them. They're boring, their matches are boring, and Matt Taven is boring. He was boring by himself, he was boring in The Kingdom, he was boring in that absolutely god-awful Tag with Mike Bennett, and he's boring now. I'm a fan of the idea of the belts because it gives guys that may not have anything to do something, and hell, a 6-man tag spotfest can only enhance a card, but absolutely hate that they gave them to the absolute worst team out of the bunch.
Jimmy Rave/Miz type-heat confirmed?
Big Red Machine

TYFDK wrote:So what does everyone think of the Kingdom as the first 6 Man champs? I think they'll grow on people as characters. So far as champs they've only beaten the trio of Cheeseburger, Will Ferrara and Joey Daddiego, but they have a month of title defenses coming up in February.

Undisputed Legacy
vs. War Machine & Jax Dane

Honor Reigns Supreme
vs. MCMG & Jay White

Steel City Excellence
vs. The Rebellion

The Experience
vs. TBA

Big defenses coming up, with other teams like Dalton Castle and the Boys looking for shots, and Silas and BCB looking for a 3rd man to challenge for the belts with, seems like there's no shortage of teams when it comes to the new championships.
I vehemently dispute your assertion that any of these defenses are in any way "big." There is no story behind any of them and the challengers really haven't been built up as chasing these titles in any particular way. Hell... Jax & War Machine have never even teamed before. This is not how you build prestige for a title.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Eh, MCMG and Jay White have been together literally since White started his excursion in ROH. And The Rebellion have been together for months. You're right, there's no story behind why The Kingdom are facing them but title defenses are title defenses.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

I mean I just used the word to hype the matches up, LOL.