Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

Post by monster mafia »

just one thing roh please...
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

yeah ive seen Bull a few times on the indy scene lately and he has not impressed me at all.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Judging by his tweet I don't think it's a one time thing.

Hopefully there is a plan that will enable him to get over and I'm hoping with Bull he's simply been holding back or just hasn't been in environment to feel aggressive and perform like a big guy. It's strange with him as this was a guy who was rather highly rated at one point within the WWE. Maybe a stint in ROH and Japan will help him find himself and the talent that was seen.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Bull's problem is he's too small a big guy to be effective in that role.
project161

Post by project161 »

Silas challenging Cole in a market like Florida seems very bizarre. It's a unique match at least, but heel/heel, no real tie like other things they could do like Lethal cashing in his re-match in Florida (his homestate.)

Instead, it seems like they did Lethal/Cole just because yesterday with no build. Very weird.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

BurningHammer wrote:
supersonic wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:Personally I was more offended to see a woman being used as a stepping stool/seat, in chains etc. I do have knowledge of the situation but maybe as I am not American nor Black I am devoid of the reasoning of why I should be offended.
Domestic violence storyline entertainment value didn't nosedive until June 25, 2007. That was the big difference between the angle you mentioned and Hero vs. Tornado at BOLA 2007.
I think any domestic violence story, nose dived immediately as they were invented and unfortunately I don't know the angle you are referring to and I don't know If i want to. Like I say I think wrestling has committed far worse acts in trying to tie in social or political issues into it's business, hell you look at wrestling as a whole and what due money could be considered disgusting by many.

@Red, Yeah it was Jade Chung I was referring to.

Also it seems Bull James made a debuted for ROH last night.
The Jade Chung angle was not an attempt to be "current." It was an angle designed to draw heat, and it did that. You were supposed to be angry, and you were supposed to be happy when Jade turned on the Embassy, and when she got her revenge on Nana at Steel Cage Warfare. There was no controversy or other news story they were trying to capitalize on.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Big Red Machine wrote: The Jade Chung angle was not an attempt to be "current." It was an angle designed to draw heat, and it did that. You were supposed to be angry, and you were supposed to be happy when Jade turned on the Embassy, and when she got her revenge on Nana at Steel Cage Warfare. There was no controversy or other news story they were trying to capitalize on.
I wasn't relating it to anything current although domestic violence has reared it's ugly head in wrestling and sports very recently, I was just relating it to an issue that is within the public domain that I don't care for what (the kneeling represents goes back far longer and deeper than just right it seems), especially in something I watch for entertainment. I know what I was supposed to be/feel I just wasn't. Personally, seeing a woman like doesn't get me angry at Nana, it get's me sad at the fact that ROH decided to go with something like, plus the fact that Chung went along with it. People talk about a woman's revolution and being treated fairly within the business well maybe if we hadn't of had shit like that weather the pay off in the was fantastic it might have come earlier, to me the whole angle has far more disgusting overtones than what ANX did on the weekend but that's just me.
cgstong
Admin
Admin

Post by cgstong »

If you're having any issues with the forum tweet at me Twitter.com/ROH_World
or Fb.com/ROHworld
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

some roh roster members giving the welcome to bull james... so lets wait and see where it goes..
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

So in the aftershow video Kevin Kelly always does, he said the honor rumble had two surprises. Now I know one of those surprises was Bull James, but does anyone know what the other surprise was? Was he talking about the winner or was he talking about another competitor?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Taking the temperature: do most others find themselves feeling more positive about the product after these house show weekends rather than the PPV/taping ones?

I like that some of the midcard get to shine, such as Dalton Castle being in the main event in Pittsburgh, Silas Young winning the main event in Lockport, and ACH, Lio Rush, and Jay White winning their respective matches on both nights. It's too bad that these weekends frequently set them up for bright directions and then give them nil come PPV.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

The second surprise was Steve Corino entering. He was doing commentary and he got into a fight with Cole and left. He came back as an entrant in the rumble.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Bull Dempsey? Are you kidding me? He's one of the worst guys I've ever seen in a wrestling ring, they cannot be serious [cornette]
Big Daddy Yum Yum is a wrestling god compared to Dempsey
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Kevin "Vince McMahon" Kelly strikes again.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Thelone wrote:Kevin "Vince McMahon" Kelly strikes again.
Nah, Vince didn't even bother keeping him around.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

if they drop kincaid for bull james...

bro..
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

He better bust his ass if he's going to be sticking around. Justify bringing him in.

Like what is he even going to do in ROH? Team with Cheeseburger?
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote:Taking the temperature: do most others find themselves feeling more positive about the product after these house show weekends rather than the PPV/taping ones?

I like that some of the midcard get to shine, such as Dalton Castle being in the main event in Pittsburgh, Silas Young winning the main event in Lockport, and ACH, Lio Rush, and Jay White winning their respective matches on both nights. It's too bad that these weekends frequently set them up for bright directions and then give them nil come PPV.
Not anymore, because I know that no matter what sort of rub they give him or who they have them beat, the ACH/Dalton Castle/Lio Rush/Donovan Dijak group of guys will never be given any sort of angle that they can sink their teeth into and will show them to us in a light other than just a midcard guy. The thing that has excited me the most recently has been Page's victory over Jay Briscoe, because it is (hopefully) a sign that they actually intend to do something with him.
Big Red Machine

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Bull Dempsey? Are you kidding me? He's one of the worst guys I've ever seen in a wrestling ring, they cannot be serious [cornette]
Let's not go too far.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:Bull Dempsey? Are you kidding me? He's one of the worst guys I've ever seen in a wrestling ring, they cannot be serious [cornette]
Hey now. Someone has to replace J. Deisel as the shittiest wrestler in ROH. :)

Thank god he's all but disappeared.