Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mike Adamle

Re: Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

Post by Mike Adamle »

Crazy that Caprice Coleman has been around for this long now
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Bummed to hear that the show wasn't too great, DBSommer. Some of the matchups seemed as though they could excel. Probably shouldn't be surprised to read that the Briscoes and the Young Bucks were in the best matches of the night.

Here were the results:
http://www.pwtorch.com/site/2016/09/16/ ... ps-action/
ROH “Reloaded Tour” Results
September 16, 2016
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Report by Mike S., PWTorch reader

I attended the Ring of Honor show Friday night in Pittsburgh, and it was a full house with standing room only.

(1) Women of Honor: Britt Baker & Veda Scott & Kelly Klein beat Mandy Leon & Faye Jackson & Crazy Mary Dobson in a six-woman tag match via submission.

(2) A.C.H. beat Will Ferarra.

(3) Jon Gresham beat Delirious.

(4) ROH tag champion Frankie Kazarian beat Chris Sabin.

(5) Alex Shelley beat Kamaitachi.

(6) The Briscoes beat War Machine (Ray Rowe & Hanson), ANX (Kenny King & Rhett Titus), and Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser in a one-fall Four Corners tag match.

(7) Cheeseburger beat Adam Larusso. Post-match, B.J. Whitmer and Punisher Martinez attacked both Cheeseburger and Adam Larusso until Ferrara intervened. Ferrara was then attacked until Steve Corino jumped in.

(8) Lio Rush beat Caprice Coleman.

(9) Jay White beat ROH tag champion Christopher Daniels.

(10) Jay Lethal & Colt Cabana & Dalton Castle beat the Bullet Club (ROH World champion Adam Cole & the Young Bucks) in a six-man tag match.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

monster mafia wrote:how about the women of honor match?
I tried to pretend I didn't see the finish, which is among the most inexplicibly stupid ever.

Decent match crowd was into. Then the end was Dobson and Veda are legal and stunned in the faces corner. Klien runs over to the faces corner, goes outside the ropes to tag in and the ref allows it as a legal tag. Then chokes out Dobson.
Wilson wrote:Bummed to hear that the show wasn't too great, DBSommer. Some of the matchups seemed as though they could excel. Probably shouldn't be surprised to read that the Briscoes and the Young Bucks were in the best matches of the night.
]
Oh I liked it. On;y one match was subpar, most of the others were what I thought they'd be going in. It was the big matches that came through. It was light years better than the California show last year, which was all just average matches. So this was way better. Like I said, personally the ME is the second best match I've seen live.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Titus​ and King knelt during the Code of Honor to protest the oppression they experience in ROH (a nod to the recent Colin Kaepernick U.S. anthem kneeling controversy) which led to them being assaulted by everyone.
#FingerOnThePulse

Cornette rant at Glory By Honor V Night 2 (which this fell on the 10th anniversary of) this is not.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Personally I was more offended to see a woman being used as a stepping stool/seat, in chains etc. I do have knowledge of the situation but maybe as I am not American nor Black I am devoid of the reasoning of why I should be offended.
WHG

Post by WHG »

It was a really good show. The Main Event was incredible and way over-delivered on my expectations. I agree with much of what DB already reported. The crowd was fatigued and that hurt the Daniels/White match, which was very grapple-heavy, but I enjoyed. The crowd liked the 4-way Tag better than I did, but I thought everything was good. Shelley/Kamaitachi was my 2nd favorite match of the night. ACH really impressed me, too. He was working a little differently (slower) and I think looks better following his Japan trip.

The WOH match was generally embarrassing. They worked hard, but much of what they did looked really bad. The biggest cringe for me was Britt Baker taking an armdrag when the match started (immediately) and selling like she was both hurt and exhausted while putting herself in position to take a running move in the corner. It would've been fine had the match not just started, but it was weird.

Overall the booking was good in terms of winners & losers (Shelley beating Kamaitachi was the only example of a young up and comer jobbing to a vet, with Gresham and White both getting wins.

The Cabinet protest outrage on social media right now is stupid and overblown. I HATE the whole act, but their parody of the Kaeperick protest connected with the audience, fits the satirical tone of what they're trying to do, and was harmless comedy that was actually kind of funny for once. Coleman did a good job delivering it and the audience seemed to like it. It also appeared that it was something they came up with on their own (it wasn't a major angle or anything), which to me makes all the difference. If King and Coleman came up with the idea and were comfortable with it, I don't see any issue. The whole act is a parody. This was far less offensive than the idea that they took 10 minutes from the BITW main event. More importantly, the idea that "ROH turned it into a storyline" is way overstating it. Just my opinion.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

BurningHammer wrote:Personally I was more offended to see a woman being used as a stepping stool/seat, in chains etc. I do have knowledge of the situation but maybe as I am not American nor Black I am devoid of the reasoning of why I should be offended.
Domestic violence storyline entertainment value didn't nosedive until June 25, 2007. That was the big difference between the angle you mentioned and Hero vs. Tornado at BOLA 2007.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

So I heard that Daniels cut a promo on the show, complaining about management holding The Addiction down. Did this actually happen? If so, that would be hilarious, since Daniels IS part of management now.
DBSommer wrote: Lio Rush vs. Caprice: Weird actually as Lio only gets a bit of offense in early then Caprice dominates, until Lio comes out of nowhere with his finisher and it... finishes Coleman. Just like that.
I recall that two of Rush's matches from the Top Prospect Tournament were like that as well. He got dominated (for the most part) in both matches, and then just hits his finisher (the standing Spanish Fly, I believe) for the win.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

ROH needs some new talent and one guy who would be perfect for a TV title run is Joey Janela. His matches with Lio Rush and Trevor Lee have been incredible. The recent ladder match they had is one of the better ladder matches I have seen in quite some time.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BrandenScott wrote:ROH needs some new talent and one guy who would be perfect for a TV title run is Joey Janela. His matches with Lio Rush and Trevor Lee have been incredible. The recent ladder match they had is one of the better ladder matches I have seen in quite some time.
janella is crazy men but maybe some spot in the ptp 2017 could be cool.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

coleman connects with the crowd...the cabinet is not that bad but you know...almost averything that roh does these days is awful for some people.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Janela rules. I haven't gotten any CZW shows, but I'm tempted with his matches against Rush. They'd built that feud up very well.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BrandenScott wrote:ROH needs some new talent and one guy who would be perfect for a TV title run is Joey Janela. His matches with Lio Rush and Trevor Lee have been incredible. The recent ladder match they had is one of the better ladder matches I have seen in quite some time.
That the same guy that used to run with Rhet Titus in PWX as part of the Jersey Shore Crew? I remember him being bad back then, but that was the same time Trevor Lee was one of the awful Fun Athletic Guys and he's come a long way as well
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

monster mafia wrote:coleman connects with the crowd...the cabinet is not that bad but you know...almost averything that roh does these days is awful for some people.
Its light years better than... whatever the hell that angle was with him and Will and the letters. And he pulls off the Atticus Finch/Johnny Cochran love child character well. And ANX desperately needed a facelift even as heels, which they are far better at than faces. It works for me as a mid-card act.

I noticed King was also banters well with the crowd. He's good at thinking on his feet and responding well to the hecklers. Forgot that he can be a good fast talker.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

WHG wrote: The Cabinet protest outrage on social media right now is stupid and overblown. I HATE the whole act, but their parody of the Kaeperick protest connected with the audience, fits the satirical tone of what they're trying to do, and was harmless comedy that was actually kind of funny for once. Coleman did a good job delivering it and the audience seemed to like it. It also appeared that it was something they came up with on their own (it wasn't a major angle or anything), which to me makes all the difference. If King and Coleman came up with the idea and were comfortable with it, I don't see any issue. The whole act is a parody. This was far less offensive than the idea that they took 10 minutes from the BITW main event. More importantly, the idea that "ROH turned it into a storyline" is way overstating it. Just my opinion.
I actually think was most clever this act has been. I personally think it clashes with the "political campaign" gimmick a bit, but it is a million times more clever than anything they have done in their attempt to parody Trump in particular or politicians in general.
That being said, it would have meant a lot more if the Code of Honor was actually treated as being important and heels from the jobber level on up didn't ignore it all the time, but...
Big Red Machine

DXvsNWO1994 wrote:So I heard that Daniels cut a promo on the show, complaining about management holding The Addiction down. Did this actually happen? If so, that would be hilarious, since Daniels IS part of management now.
Hilarious? More like tedious. He's been saying this for a whole year now, with no evidence of any sort (and much evidence to the contrary). It's extremely frustrating to see formerly interesting characters turned into one-dimensional cartoonish jokes, and even more frustrating to see characters going nowhere.
Big Red Machine

BurningHammer wrote:Personally I was more offended to see a woman being used as a stepping stool/seat, in chains etc. I do have knowledge of the situation but maybe as I am not American nor Black I am devoid of the reasoning of why I should be offended.
What is this in reference to?
SandsShifter

Post by SandsShifter »

Big Red Machine wrote:
What is this in reference to?
The only thing I can think of is Jade Chung in the original Embassy.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

supersonic wrote:
Domestic violence storyline entertainment value didn't nosedive until June 25, 2007. That was the big difference between the angle you mentioned and Hero vs. Tornado at BOLA 2007.
I think any domestic violence story, nose dived immediately as they were invented and unfortunately I don't know the angle you are referring to and I don't know If i want to. Like I say I think wrestling has committed far worse acts in trying to tie in social or political issues into it's business, hell you look at wrestling as a whole and what due money could be considered disgusting by many.

@Red, Yeah it was Jade Chung I was referring to.

Also it seems Bull James made a debuted for ROH last night.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Sounds like Silas won the Honor Rumble.

Hopefully Bull was just a one time thing.