Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
LJimmy

Re: Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

Post by LJimmy »

Maybe they think they're getting one over on NXT by bringing in Bull.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I know Bull wont be everyone's cup of tea and for me rightfully so, but In terms of drawing he will have a wider audience base than say someone like Kincaid whether we like it or not. If he is someone that can bring people in and have credible matches, while putting people over or actually making a positive name for himself then I can see ROH's thinking.

Overall there are certainly younger and better talents around the Indy scene but if it say takes up a spot of say Jay Diesel then I am perfectly fine with Bull coming in, like others have said I just hope it isn't at the expense of other younger and brighter talents that wont to make a mark.

Just with Silas winning the HR, I think that's exactly who should be wining it, it's a mid level exhibition of a match that leads to be a minor title shot but still injects a push and rise for lower level guy and that's what Silas needs at the moment. It's good for Silas, it's just a shame he had the injury and didn't really take his training as seriously as he is now previously as I think this push would have come a lot sooner and maybe would have had a better career.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

If they are bringing in Bull James, I don't see why they can't bring in Dan Severn as a one time thing so we get Severn vs O'Reilly, preferably at a house show.
Edit: This is a joke, don't take it seriously
Last edited by TowerOfDoom on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Adem wrote:If they are bringing in Bull James, I don't see why they can't bring in Dan Severn as a one time thing so we get Severn vs O'Reilly, preferably at a house show (This probably sounds like a dumb idea, but I don't care it sounds cool to me).
Good to have you around, Vinny Ru.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

O'Reilly vs. Severn, Davey Richards on a Pole match on Thunder on SBG please.
TowerOfDoom

Post by TowerOfDoom »

I was only joking.. since they brought in a random guy like Bull, please don't compare me to Russo haha.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Adem wrote:I was only joking.. since they brought in a random guy like Bull, please don't compare me to Russo haha.
Too late anyway. AIW brought Severn in on two or 3 shows recently. Yes, to wrestle.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

DBSommer wrote:
Adem wrote:I was only joking.. since they brought in a random guy like Bull, please don't compare me to Russo haha.
Too late anyway. AIW brought Severn in on two or 3 shows recently. Yes, to wrestle.
Jimmy Valiant is still wrestling and he's 74.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

monster mafia wrote:if they drop kincaid for bull james...

bro..
You're acting like not signing this guy would be the biggest mistake in the world since WCW fired Austin in 95. I mean, really ?
BurningHammer wrote:I know Bull wont be everyone's cup of tea and for me rightfully so, but In terms of drawing he will have a wider audience base than say someone like Kincaid whether we like it or not. If he is someone that can bring people in and have credible matches, while putting people over or actually making a positive name for himself then I can see ROH's thinking.
On the other hand, this is beyond ridiculous. We're talking about BULL DEMPSEY here, a guy who was a comedy jobber on WWE's developmental promotion. No one in the universe is like "Eh, Cole and the Briscoes are fine and all, but if BULL DEMPSEY was on the card, I'd go for sure !".
BurningHammer wrote:Overall there are certainly younger and better talents around the Indy scene but if it say takes up a spot of say Jay Diesel then I am perfectly fine with Bull coming in, like others have said I just hope it isn't at the expense of other younger and brighter talents that wont to make a mark.
Or we can just, you know, not have that spot on the roster. I don't need to see Diesel do his shitty Virgil impression ever again, just like I don't need to see Dempsey stink up the place like he does everywhere since he got released from NXT.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Thelone wrote:
monster mafia wrote:if they drop kincaid for bull james...

bro..
You're acting like not signing this guy would be the biggest mistake in the world since WCW fired Austin in 95. I mean, really ?
not men but he is good ,fresh and impress very well...i think he can deliver in roh.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Thelone wrote: On the other hand, this is beyond ridiculous. We're talking about BULL DEMPSEY here, a guy who was a comedy jobber on WWE's developmental promotion. No one in the universe is like "Eh, Cole and the Briscoes are fine and all, but if BULL DEMPSEY was on the card, I'd go for sure !".
Did I use Cole and the Briscoes as examples no, I referred it to Jason Kincaid. Whether or not he was seen as a comedy jobber in the end he previously wasn't and as with any WWE talent you have a much wider audience and he will have likely have gained a larger fan base than quite a few guys on the indy's. Also do you really have a huge amount of knowledge on who actually likes him and wants to see him probably like me no, if he brings in another 100 fans per show and what they have generally then great, if he brings in a 1,000 more fantastic we just don't know. If he brings none and ends up being a dud he ends up being a dud and he wont be used for long. Look there are many talents I would rather see than him but I'm just trying to look into why ROH would like to him and plus hoping in someway that he finds his way back to a level that got positive reviews from many before his stint in the WWE began.
BurningHammer wrote:Overall there are certainly younger and better talents around the Indy scene but if it say takes up a spot of say Jay Diesel then I am perfectly fine with Bull coming in, like others have said I just hope it isn't at the expense of other younger and brighter talents that wont to make a mark.
Or we can just, you know, not have that spot on the roster. I don't need to see Diesel do his shitty Virgil impression ever again, just like I don't need to see Dempsey stink up the place like he does everywhere since he got released from NXT.[/quote]

Well spots have to be filled and in my mind from a drawing point of view it's an upgrade, is it an upgrade I particularly wont no, but hey it could work out in the end as Bull finds his leg back into Indy wrestling.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

JTCole wrote:
Jimmy Valiant is still wrestling and he's 74.
I think one could contend he stopped wrestling back in the mid 80's. He'd appear in matches, but he didn't exactly 'wrestle' in them.

As some heel commentator said during one of his 90's Memphis runs.

Heel: It's the Boogy Man, Jimmy Valliant.

Face: That's 'Boogie Woogie Man.

Heel: Nah, he lost the woogie ten years ago. Now he's just frightening to look at.
Brada

Post by Brada »

when did Kincaid become relevant to begin with? Kincaid, Bull James....meh, all the same. Either way, filler.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

There's a difference between up-and-coming independent star on the rise, and former NXT jobber.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Brada wrote:when did Kincaid become relevant to begin with? Kincaid, Bull James....meh, all the same. Either way, filler.
when he delivered in the ptp ,roh tv and roh tours.
FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

Anyone else notice that Lethal pinned Cole in Lockport according to the ROH official results? I can't remember for sure but I don't think the PWP results had these. This would be up there with the Charlotte taping results that circulated that missed the shaving of Jay Lethal's head.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

hoss division

FanSinceHDNet

Post by FanSinceHDNet »

FanSinceHDNet wrote:Anyone else notice that Lethal pinned Cole in Lockport according to the ROH official results? I can't remember for sure but I don't think the PWP results had these. This would be up there with the Charlotte taping results that circulated that missed the shaving of Jay Lethal's head.
Yeah, the original results post completely left this out. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watch the shows they are at.
mewing77

Post by mewing77 »

To be fair, there were a lot of people who left after the Rumble as it was announced as the main event.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

i see plenty of results for big feds that fail to tell who was pinned in tag and multi-man matches. some people like to know.