Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
AlexROH

Re: Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

Post by AlexROH »

I bought the Duluth VOD yesterday. I will see the entire show (and post a review) this week but for what I saw (first two matches and main event) it was great.

Colt Cabana vs Jay Lethal was pretty awesome. Such a great match worth the price of the show. The 45 minutes flew by very quick; I would like to see them in a 60 minutes Iron Man. It wasn't a MOTYC or a masterpiece, but they had a beautiful 'old school' match. Low tempo, not a lot of different moves, but all with sense and a great selling. The story of Lethal being superior and Colt looking for the victory in every way was well executed. Silas in comentary was great too, he praised the match in every aspect.

Lethal was the star of the match and had a tremendous performance. On the other hand, Colt showed his 'serious' version without comedy. Really liked the match. Very very very good stuff. I cannot say a bad thing about a 45 minute match that didnt bored me.

ANX vs War Machine - **1/2 Good and short opener.
Stevie Richards vs Silas Young - ***
[RingMasters Challenge] Colt Caban vs Jay Lethal - ****
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Very good show, not as great as I though but still pretty good. One of the best VOD shows this year:

Addiction & Kamaitachi vs MCMG & Jay White - ***1/2
Punishment Martinez vs Will Ferrara - DUD
Jonathan Gresham vs Lio Rush - ***3/4
Dalton Castle vs Jushin Liger - ***

Final rating: 7,25/10
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Thanks for the review. I'm thinking I might add this to my Black Friday order now.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Big Red Machine wrote:Thanks for the review. I'm thinking I might add this to my Black Friday order now.
Such a fine show. I will post, maybe tomorrow when I finish it, a review for the Lakeland show. The entire card before the Honor Rumble is pretty great with Jonathan Gresham vs Kamaitachi being awesome [***3/4]. Best Kamatachi performance in ROH for me.
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

AlexROH wrote:Very good show, not as great as I though but still pretty good. One of the best VOD shows this year:

Addiction & Kamaitachi vs MCMG & Jay White - ***1/2
Punishment Martinez vs Will Ferrara - DUD
Jonathan Gresham vs Lio Rush - ***3/4
Dalton Castle vs Jushin Liger - ***

Final rating: 7,25/10
Well, but you are pretty great, so that's not a surprise ;)
I was in the front line when we battled page 15
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

The Lockport show started great I though it was going to be better than Duluth, but I didn't like the second half.

Kamaitachi vs Gresham - ***3/4 Awesome match, Again, Gresham has had an increible tour with ROH. This time he made Kamaitachi looked awesome. Best Kamaitachi performance in ROH, IMO.
Matt vs Daniels vs Sabin - ***1/4 Great, quick and fun match. Lots of moves, but done in a great way.
White, Rush & ACH vs Cabinet - ***
Nick vs Kaz vs Shelley - *** They tried to top the other Triple Threat, and they failed. Different style, lot of botches. Entertaining.
Lethal vs Silas - ***1/2+ Great stuff. Lethal'r face run is being awesome. Silas finally looks like a main eventer. Better than his ROH TV match.
Cabana/Caste vs Briscoes - **1/4 I was expecting a lot from this match...and it was a meeeeeh. With all the "e" hahahaha. They work a house show non-televised style match.
Honor Rumble - I can't rate this one. Maybe knowing who were the final two and the debut affected my way of watching the match, but it wasn't great. Entertaining, whatch it if you like battle royals but I felt kindda bored.
Lethal vs Cole - Entertaining match/segment. I lked Adam's promo. Short match. Lethal has his victory and Cole didn't look bad. HATE HOW KEVIN KELLY ALWAYS CALLS THE FIREMAN'S CARRY INTO THE KNEE THE LAST SHOOT [cornette]

Fine show. Strong first half, the second will depend on your particular taste. If you are going to buy a single Reloaded Tour show, go and get the Duluth one, Lethal vs Cabana III (IV if you count the short match at Super Card of Honor X) was awesome.

Final rating: 6,75/10.
dark patriot

Post by dark patriot »

Honor Rumble - I can't rate this one. Maybe knowing who were the final two and the debut affected my way of watching the match, but it wasn't great. Entertaining, whatch it if you like battle royals but I felt kindda bored.

does anyone like battle royals?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

ROH Reloaded Tour: Pittsburgh (9/16/2016)- Pittsburgh, PA

Your commentary team for tonight is Kevin Kelly, Steve Corino… and BOBBY CRUISE!

ACH vs. WILL FERRARA- 5.25/10

DELIRIOUS vs. JONATHAN GRESHAM- 6/10
They had an extremely technical match that was a nice combination of World of Sport style and Lucha Libre.

CHRIS SABIN vs. FRANKIE KAZARIAN- 6.5/10
The match was going well until Kamaitachi showed up to interfere, helping Kazarian win. Kaz and Kamaitachi attacked Sabin after the match. Alex Shelley came out to make the save, which transitioned into…

ALEX SHELLEY vs. KAMAITACHI- 7/10
A great match that probably would have been a 7.5 if it wasn’t brought down by two things: Kamaitachi not getting DQed for a chair shot right in front of the referee and Alex Shelley forgetting to sell his knee once he started to make his comeback.

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS PROMO- bad.
This was one of those “conspiracy” promos where Daniels just comes out here and lies in ways that are so ridiculous that instead of getting heat they kill him by making him come off like a complete and total moron for thinking that anyone could possibly believe him. Also, he cut a promo on Jay White to build to their match.

FOUR CORNER SURVIVAL MATCH: The Briscoes vs. War Machine vs. Silas Young & Beer City Bruiser vs. the All-Night Express (w/Caprice Coleman)- 8/10
Twenty minutes of wild and crazy brawling!

CHEESEBURGER vs. CHRIS LERUSSO- 4.75/10
Will Ferrara has replaced both Steve Corino and Bobby Cruise on commentary. The match was inoffensive. The commentary on the other hand…
Kevin Kelly wants to know what Will Ferrara thinks about Rhett Titus (and the rest of the Cabinet) kneeling down instead of following the Code of Honor. The reason he is asking Ferrara specifically about Rhett specifically is that they are legit best friends, and Kevin even brings up the fact that Ferrara was at Rhett’s birthday party last night. I could have sworn that Rhett spent most of the spring saying that people Will Ferrara’s size didn’t belong on pro wrestling, but why let a little thing THE F*CKING STORYLINE OF YOUR WRESTLING SHOW get in the way making someone’s opinion about a one-note joke a gimmick seems more legit? Does Kevin really think that telling us that Rhett and Ferrara are shoot friends will make us think that this whole Cabinet bullsh*t (and Ferrara’s opinion thereof) isn’t a work? Is he really that stupid?
Also, apparently Will Ferrara and Cheeseburger are going to Joey Daddiego for training. Because that’s an angle that someone is apparently devoting thought to.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Ah. I was wondering when 911 was going to show up and kill the jobbers.
The lights go out and BJ Whitmer and Punishment Martinez have teleported into the ring, because we had to give them magical powers of teleportation and controlling the lights in the arena instead of just having them run down to the ring like normal people. They beat up the small people. The equally small Will Ferrara runs down to make the save but he meets the same fate. Then Steve Corino shows up. He gets nose-to-nose with his worst enemy BJ Whitmer but takes f*cking forever before he tries to throw a punch so when he does, Martinez blocks it. Martinez then turns to hit another move on Ferrara while Corino just stands there. Then Whitmer gets out the golden spike and just gives this dangerous weapon to his worst enemy. Then Whitmer and Martinez walk off and Corino teases stabbing Ferrara before just walking off. Meanwhile, the things coming out of Kevin Kelly’s mouth, which used to be the normal, coherent words of a (very bad) wrestling announcer, have now transformed into what might as well be gibberish. This has got to be the worst angle in ROH history by many, many, many miles.

LIO RUSH vs. CAPRICE COLEMAN (w/the Cabinet)- 6.25/10
Alex Shelley is now on commentary. The match was fine for the time it got, but Caprice is definitely the weakest link in the Cabinet and Rhett and Kenny would be much better off without him. And without the Cabinet gimmick.

JAY WHITE vs. CHRISTOPHER DANIELS- 8/10
Yeah, Jay White is 100% the future. His selling of his neck throughout this match was phenomenal, his comebacks were fiery, and he his toughness makes you want to see him fight back and win throughout all the pain. These guys went over twenty minutes focusing on a simple story… and that’s really all you need.

BULLET CLUB (Adam Cole & the Young Bucks) vs. JAY LETHAL, COLT CABANA, & DALTON CASTLE (w/the Boys)- 9/10
Like a PWG match but with selling! The only negatives were the amount of stalling in the beginning and the fact that the wrong team won. There was absolutely no reason for our top heels to lose to a trio that have never teamed before here in an essentially meaningless match (and especially when they were already going to be doing a job at the TV tapings in the six-man tournament and when Cole was going to be losing tomorrow night, too).

Where the hell did this show come from? There was absolutely no buzz coming out of it, but this show was awesome! Especially that main event! I can’t ever remember a match being so awesome and yet flying so far under the radar. This is definitely one to pick up. If there were such a thing as the Sleeper Show of the Year, this one would be it!

ROH Reloaded Tour: Duluth (9/24/2016)- Duluth, GA

WAR MACHINE vs. THE ALL-NIGHT EXPRESS (w/Caprice Coleman)- 4.5/10
Oh my G-d this stupid kneeling gimmick. Okay… in my reviews of the previous show as well as the show after this I discussed why this doesn’t work in the greater context of what is going on in ROH (i.e. why is them kneeling down while refusing to follow the Code of Honor any worse than all of the other heels who regularly ignore or mock the Code of Honor over the course of an given show?) so I won’t discuss that here. Instead, this time we’ll look at the execution of this:
First Caprice cuts this rambling promo in an attempt to explain why they are doing it, but because he is not in Bullet Club or a top singles heel, under Delirious’ booking he must come off like a deranged lunatic. In Caprice’s case his job is to rant about being “disrespected” by ROH and having their “rights” violated and crap like that which is so abstract that it means nothing without any sort of examples, and is even worse when delivered in the form of a rambling rant from a man doing a one-note parody gimmick and delivering the promo on behalf of his friends, who are calling themselves “the Chairman of Championships” and “the Secretary of Shoulders.”
As often happened with the other prime example of a heel who suddenly started to criticize the company in delusional rants against the company under Delirious’ booking reign, Christopher Daniels, no one comes out to answer his allegations. Instead of letting Caprice just run his mouth on every show, someone from ROH Management (babyface Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness being the most obvious choice) should come out and say “No. I’m sorry that you feel disrespected, but the reason you didn’t get whatever it is that you want is because you cheated in matches X, Y, and Z. This is Ring of Honor, and every time you use a low blow or a chair or use the ropes for leverage YOU are disrespecting this company and its fans. Start winning your matches cleanly and you’ll get a title shot.”
I don’t know if a title shot is really what they’re after because I don’t think they’ve ever even mentioned it. Despite this, Kevin Kelly does, in fact, seem to know that they want a title shot because he indignantly said that what they really want is a title shot. If this is supposed to be the angle then Caprice should f*cking mention that! If this isn’t supposed to be the angle, then Kevin Kelly shouldn’t just be making sh*t up!
So ANX kneel down instead of following the Code of Honor and Kevin Kelly reluctantly agrees that they have the right to do so if they wish… and then War Machine attack them and Kevin Kelly gleefully says that War Machine has the right to start this match if they want to. The problem here is that, although they were facing each other at the time, Rhett and Kenny clearly did not look ready for the match to start and the bell hadn’t rung yet, so War Machine looked like heels jumping the bell on two guys who weren’t ready.

The match was decently short, and War Machine won without much trouble. I was expecting a lot more from these two teams, especially in the opener where you want to get the crowd hot. Kevin Kelly’s commentary made it clear that he had no idea LESS THAN A WEEK FROM TONIGHT, ON PPV there would be a four-way tag team #1 contendership match that both of these teams would participate in. There is no reason not to have your full PPV card booked by now.

SILAS YOUNG PROMO- he buries Stevie Richards, and 99% of his criticisms were 100% true.

SILAS YOUNG vs. STEVIE RICHARDS- 5/10
A bland match brought down by a pointlessly overbooked finish when Stevie all of a sudden got angry after a two-count and threatened the ref, allowing Silas to hit Misery for the win. Yeah. Because not being able to beat Stevie Richards without Stevie distracting himself is a great way to build Silas up for his ROH World Title shot next month.

HE’S THREATENING TO TURN HEEL- because what we really need in 2016 is a heel Stevie Richards working part-time. Even more likely (and even more frustratingly) is that this is likely to be one of those undercard Delirious angles that never actually goes anywhere and just fades away, completely forgotten.

DELIRIOUS vs. CAPRICE COLEMAN (w/the Cabinet)- 0.75/10
Caprice faced a very interesting dilemma in this match: Do you “accidentally” potato the booker who gave you this sh*tty, career-killing gimmick (and yes, Caprice’s ROH career is thoroughly dead at this point, having been the lead spokesman for this clown show that is the Cabinet), or do you do everything you can to avoid potato-ing the booker because he might fire you if you he thinks it wasn’t accidental?
This was mostly comedy stuff. The problem was in the choice of comedy. For example, if The Cabinet’s gimmick is that they are claiming grievances that don’t really exist, then why would you do a spot where the babyface gets help from the crowd to an abdominal stretch (i.e. CHEATING)? Doesn’t that justify their claims of being discriminated against? Even worse was Kevin Kelly doing the Bobby Heenan gimmick and pretending not to see the cheating. The worst thing you can possibly have is a lead babyface announcer who is a hypocrite, and that’s what Kevin voluntarily turned himself into here.

LUCHA RULES TAG TEAM MATCH: The Motor City Machine Guns & Jay White vs. The Addiction & Kamaitachi- 7.5/10
Lots of action.

WILL FERRARA vs. PUNISHMENT MARTINEZ (w/BJ Whitmer)- 4.75/10
Fine for what it was.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- Ferrara gets beaten down after the match. Cheeseburger tries to make the save but he gets beaten up, too. Then Steve Corino comes out and he and Whitmer get face to face but neither of them throws any punches. Then Whitmer gets out the golden spike and just gives this dangerous weapon to his worst enemy. Then Whitmer and Martinez walk off and Corino teases stabbing Ferrara and Cheeseburger but then helps them up instead. If this sounds a lot like what happened at the Pittsburgh show, that’s because it is almost exactly what happened at the Pittsburgh show last weekend. I wouldn’t have a problem with this if it didn’t feel like this angle wasn’t going anywhere.

LIO RUSH vs. JONATHAN GRESHAM- 6.25/10
These guys should have been given another five minutes. You’re not going to build your stars of the future with eleven-minute matches.

JUSHIN “THUNDER” LIGER vs. DALTON CASTLE (w/the Boys)- 6.25/10

RINGMASTERS CHALLENGE: Colt Cabana vs. Jay Lethal- 8/10
As usual, this came down to the Ironman portion at the end. This time around the story was that Lethal jumped out to a lead and Colt had to fight from behind while Lethal had to do his best to hang on to the lead as Cabana dominated the match.

An extremely skippable show from ROH. Nothing here felt even close to important. Liger’s appearance felt like a huge throwaway (which was not helped by the fact that he was facing someone he had already faced in ROH this year), and the main event, while worth watching once, feels an unnecessary second “blow-off” to a feud that we already saw get blown off two months ago. Stay away from this one unless you’re a completionist.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so BULLET CLUB (Adam Cole & the Young Bucks) vs. JAY LETHAL, COLT CABANA, & DALTON CASTLE from Reloaded Tour: Pittsburgh was fucking nuts!! DAMN!

**** 1/2

i wish more people can see the vod shows of roh