Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Reloaded Tour 2016 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

JTCole

Post by JTCole »

I'm sure P-Dogg will be making an appearance in Duluth.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

JTCole wrote:I'm sure P-Dogg will be making an appearance in Duluth.
If they advertised him they'd have to charge double.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Fawrules wrote:
JTCole wrote:I'm sure P-Dogg will be making an appearance in Duluth.
If they advertised him they'd have to charge double.
In order to make up for all of the people he would drive away.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I wish they would make the Honor Rumble more special instead of placing it on a meaningless house show and putting a bunch of jobbers in there. Why not make it like a Royal Rumble type of show. Make people qualify for it if they aren't in the top tier of stars. And actually put some main eventers in there. I'm not saying a main eventer has to win, but how are you going to expect one of these mid carders to be put over as a threat to the world title when he just won an Honor Rumble full of jobbers?

If they made it like Champions vs. All Stars where it was a yearly thing would be ideal.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I know a lot of people are down on ROH right now and I can see why. I have purchased front row tickets to every ROH Show within a 5 hr radius of Pittsburgh with the exception of this friday's show. The show is less than 5 days away and the full card has yet to be announced. What is the hold up? The matches that are announced seem totally random and could have been thrown together in 5 minutes. I can't remember the last time Pittsburgh had a singles main event it's always a random tag or now 6 man tag. No title matches either which is exactly what happened when ROH was here last year. 0 title matches in 2 yrs in this market makes it seem like ROH doesn't care. So at this point why should Pittsburgh care for ROH?
Especially with AIW putting on better shows for half of the cost. I really want to care about ROH but $70 for front row is a lot for a house show.
WHG

Post by WHG »

BrandenScott wrote:I know a lot of people are down on ROH right now and I can see why. I have purchased front row tickets to every ROH Show within a 5 hr radius of Pittsburgh with the exception of this friday's show. The show is less than 5 days away and the full card has yet to be announced. What is the hold up? The matches that are announced seem totally random and could have been thrown together in 5 minutes. I can't remember the last time Pittsburgh had a singles main event it's always a random tag or now 6 man tag. No title matches either which is exactly what happened when ROH was here last year. 0 title matches in 2 yrs in this market makes it seem like ROH doesn't care. So at this point why should Pittsburgh care for ROH?
Especially with AIW putting on better shows for half of the cost. I really want to care about ROH but $70 for front row is a lot for a house show.
I agree the card is random, but the show should be fun. I'm looking forward to Shelley vs Kamataichi & Daniels vs White more than the Main event. My issue with the Main Event isn't that it's a tag match, it's that Lethal/Cabana/Castle is not a good team for the Bucks & Cole to face. It'll be far too comedy-heavy for my taste (and I loved the Kingdom vs Bullet Club 6 man from WOTW '15). Still, Stage AE is a great location and set up for wrestling. They really should have used it for a TV taping.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

A Four-Way Tag Team Match has been added to Pittsburgh:

DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

BrandenScott wrote:I know a lot of people are down on ROH right now and I can see why. I have purchased front 'row tickets to every ROH Show within a 5 hr radius of Pittsburgh with the exception of this friday's show. The show is less than 5 days away and the full card has yet to be announced. What is the hold up? The matches that are announced seem totally random and could have been thrown together in 5 minutes. I can't remember the last time Pittsburgh had a singles main event it's always a random tag or now 6 man tag. No title matches either which is exactly what happened when ROH was here last year. 0 title matches in 2 yrs in this market makes it seem like ROH doesn't care. So at this point why should Pittsburgh care for ROH?
They've had 1 card a year here in the last 4 years (counting this one), one of them a TV taping at that. That's not a regular stopping point for them.

As to the MEs. The 3 Tag Team ME in Jan '14 wasn't random as it was used for the reason for Hero to challenge Cole for the title at the PPV, and Roddy vs. London 2/3 falls match had to be cancelled due to Roddy's injury and Paul no showing. Losing the 2nd ME hurt the show as, what the heck would you replace Roddy/motivated London with anyway? They gave Steen/O'Reilly more time at least.

California, PA was PGH area, but not Pgh proper, and really was a random house show that was hurt by what would have been a ME match in the Bucks vs. Briscoes being relegated to Briscoes vs. Addiction (in their second match of the night) since Nick had to fly to CA for his child's birth, resutlting in yet another ME level match shuffle.

So the last two times here both shows were seriously hamstrung by losing what probably were going to be the best matches on the cards. Rotten luck, but not ROH's fault in either case. The last card was weak anyway, I agree.

12-'13 was good for title matches and MEs though

'12 LiveEvil was headlined by Steen vs Roddy for the world championship. TV Taping that was in Nov '12 was headlined by Davey/Elgin III, and the last match was the unannounced Street Fight with Jay Briscoe and Corino (I loved that one way more than I thought when they said it at the show), and the blow off to Cole vs. O'Rielly over the TV Title. (Oh yeah, Bennett challenged Steen for the World Title, but since Bennett was doing it who cares)

Relentless was early '13 which ME was the world tag title rematch of ReDRagon vs Briscoes, which was memorable in hindsight as it was the last time Jay was pinned for about a year and a half. ACH Elgin was damn fun as well.

I'm surprised by the AIW comparison. I've gone to a several shows over the last year and a half Only last year's Absolution (missed this years), which is their Wrestlemania, was really what I would call a superior show, and even the first half was awful. Second half was all kinds of greatness. Hell, Gage Donst actually sold me on their match and I couldn't care less for either one. JTL's are a mixed bag, but for what they are, they can be good. Probably the overall complaint is they really get weighed down at times by the students, stuff like Dick Justice angles/matches, and all too often guest wrestlers are usually old timers like Smothers, Funk, even an aging Dan Severn just showed up. (and they are going to miss Gargano big time). Typically the best matches come from the one shot younger guest starts, like Pentagon or Zack Sabre.

Overall cards, if ROH was putting them on, would make me wince (Rowe is a main eventer there. Can you see inserting AIW Rowe as a main event type draw in ROH getting the fans all hot and bothered?). I don't think they are bad, but they are a notch below ROH on a regular basis, but for what they offer its worth the lower price.

But going back to the Stage AE, Yeah, that front row price for this was pretty big (and if you add on online charges it's worse). Usually I get second row, but made an exception this time since there's no travel expenses with this one. It's only a 20 minute drive and free parking. And next time I'm just getting whatever I buy at the box office where I wont' get scammed into online fees.

I'm expecting something similar to the Baltimore show they just had. Probably nothing mindblowing, but very enjoyable. Especially considering the ME is nearly the same. Probably on level with the one they had in '14 in the Convention center.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the rest of Pittsburg matches.

6 WOMEN OF HONOR TAG TEAM MATCH
KELLY KLEIN, BRITT BAKER & VEDA SCOTT VS. FAYE JACKSON, MANDY LEON & CRAZY MARY DOBSON

ACH vs. WILL FERRARA

LIO RUSH vs. CAPRICE COLEMAN

JONATHAN GRESHAM vs. DELIRIOUS ( i hope lizard man put over gresham here)
WHG

Post by WHG »

That might be the most boring possible combination of matches you can put together with those 6 wrestlers (ACH, Ferrara, Rush, Coleman, Gresham & Delirious). I'm attending the show, but it's a pretty thin card.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

I am not on the Britt Baker bandwagon and am not sure what people see in her. Every one of those added matches is [cornette] Mike Mondo esque booking. Buffalo is getting what on paper looks like the better show. I think paying $25 for IWC or AIW will be better than shelling close to $80 for this card. Which I was considering strongly going until seeing the matches added. Gresham has been on fire so instead of giving him a possible match of the night they give him.......Booker man. Will Ferrera and ACH? Another pass. You brought up Ray Rowe in AIW and one of the reasons he is over is he is a Cleveland guy and has been with them pretty much from the start. Most of the Cleveland fans watched him grow just as Pittsburgh fans did in IWC. Gargano leaving is a huge blow but I am sold on his trainee Alex Daniels. I love watching that guy and he should be given a shot in ROH.
BrandenScott

Post by BrandenScott »

How to make the pgh show better is easy

Rush VS Gresham
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Gresham vs Rush is already booked for Duluth or Lockport
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

187_Joeism wrote:Gresham vs Rush is already booked for Duluth or Lockport

duluth..nice to see gresham booked in roh but he is now the czw world champion,so...
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Just a reminder that Pick 'Ems for this weekend's shows have been posted:

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 41#p136241
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

Quick thoughts from the show:

First time at Stage AE and it is an odd set up. Not a lot of seating. It's only on 3 sides with the 4th an elevated one for commentary, and an upper balcony. you can watch the show from the bar, though, which is nice.

10 matches was too many and there was crowd burnout. Really, axing Caprice and Delirious and having Gresham open with Will and ACH vs. Lio would have made this so much better.

ACH vs. Will was a standard opener.

Gresham vs. Delirious was meh. They didn't click.

Sabin vs. Kaz. Basic match. What you'd expect.

Shelley vs. Kamitaichi: Glad I finally got to see Shelley live. I thought it was a bit better than Sabin/Kaz

4 Corners Tag. No guarantee how it will turn out on DVD, but live this was all kinds of great. 2nd best match of the night. Everyone pulled their own weight. That is saying a lot for the Bruiser, but his team with Silas works.

Post intermission match: Local Chris Larusso fought Cheesburger. Post match BJ comes out with Punisher Martinez and kills both guys and nearby Will Ferrara.

Lio Rush vs. Caprice: Weird actually as Lio only gets a bit of offense in early then Caprice dominates, until Lio comes out of nowhere with his finisher and it... finishes Coleman. Just like that.

Jay White vs. Daniels: They were given enough time and I thought it was better than the fans were giving it credit for as they were pretty quiet. It wasn't Rush/White from Baltimore but still good. This is where the burnout/too many blase matches was coming back to bite. But now there's only one match left and its...

Bullet Club (Cole & Bucks) vs. Cabana's Lethal Castle

Holy shit! Live this was awesome. I mean it was all kinds of awesome. It was my first time seeing the Bullet Club combo (Page had replaced Matt in Baltimore) and just... goddamn. It was worth the price of admission as far as I was concerned. Faces did a great job interacting with them. Castle was an even better fit than Jay had been in. Probably the second best match I'd seen live after Roddy vs. Patrone. I concede since I hadn't seen the trio live it might have had a bigger impact on me than someone who has seen them live before but whatever ROH is paying them, they are worth it.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

how about the women of honor match?