Official Field Of Honor 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
DXvsNWO1994

Official Field Of Honor 2016 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Ring of Honor returns to MCU Park in Brooklyn, New York for the third straight year!

ROH Field Of Honor 2016
Brooklyn, New York 8/27/16

- ROH World Title - Four-Corner Survival - Jay Lethal vs. Adam Cole vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
- NEVER Openweight Champion Katsuyori Shibata vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- IWGP Intercontinental Title - "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs. Donovan Dijak (with Prince Nana)
- ROH World TV Title - Bobby Fish vs. EVIL
- Eight-Man Tag - ACH, Lio Rush, & The Motor City Machine Guns vs. The Bullet Club (IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks, "The Hangman" Adam Page, & Yujiro Takahashi)
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA vs. Dalton Castle
- ROH World Tag Team Titles - The Addiction vs. Tag Team Gauntlet Winner
- #1 Contender's Tag Team Gauntlet - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Briscoes vs. War Machine vs. CHAOS (Toru Yano & Gedo) vs. The All-Night Express vs. Cheeseburger & Will Ferrara

Signed To Appear:

- Silas Young

Keep all discussions here....
Last edited by DXvsNWO1994 on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
DXvsNWO1994

Re: Official Field Of Honor 2016 Thread

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Triton may or may not be appearing, as well.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Cole vs. Tanahashi for the title would go a long way for showing balance in the cross-promotional relationship.
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

I personally would love to see Will Ferrara take ACH spot and have ACH vs Liger for personal reasons The Anime Fan vs The Anime Guy
isles11

Post by isles11 »

So selfishly I'm hoping that Cole loses at DBD but wins here, mainly because he's my favorite, and I would love to see him win it live.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Holy shit what a match.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Holy FUCKING Shit, that will be awesome!!!
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Will speak volumes if Lethal or Cole do the honors.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

supersonic wrote:Will speak volumes if Lethal or Cole do the honors.
Whichever one of them isn't champ is clearly doing the honors.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

isles11 wrote:Image
I wasn't expecting to see this one!! Should be great!!
Burnside wrote:
supersonic wrote:Will speak volumes if Lethal or Cole do the honors.
Whichever one of them isn't champ is clearly doing the honors.
I agree with Burnside on this one.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Yes, it will speak volumes when the ROH World Champion pins the former ROH World Champion...volumes. How dare they bury the ROH guy with a clean loss to the ROH guy!

Naito (who has jobbed to Lethal in the US, btw...but nobody counts that because it doesn't fit the narrative) or Tanahashi shouldn't really take a rare pin in a multi an match anyway, IMO. If Tanahashi ever loses to an ROH guy it should be in a climactic PPV singles main event...like Styles did (another one that is forgotten because it doesn't fit the narrative).
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Pre-Ingobernables Naito jobbed to Lethal, there's no way he's jobbing now with the current gimmick.
AJ wasn't under contract for his last few matchs (Lethal in ROH, Nak in NJPW, and ZSJ in RPW) and because he was leaving, there was no point in protecting him anymore.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
WHG

Post by WHG »

Thelone wrote:Pre-Ingobernables Naito jobbed to Lethal, there's no way he's jobbing now with the current gimmick.
AJ wasn't under contract for his last few matchs (Lethal in ROH, Nak in NJPW, and ZSJ in RPW) and because he was leaving, there was no point in protecting him anymore.
I know the timing of Naito jobbing made it less significant at the time, but many people act as if ROH guys never win singles matches, so I pointed it out.

The AJ thing is total revisionist history. The key difference in the 3 losses you mentioned is that only the first one (Lethal in mid December) occurred prior to him telling New Japan that he was leaving, something that by all accounts they weren't expecting to happen when he told them just prior to WK10. Regardless of whether they suspected he was leaving or not, he was still scheduled in an IC Title match on Jan 4th against Nakamura in the 2nd highest profile match on their biggest show of the year. Several people here claimed that alone made it an impossibility that there would be a clean finish. New Japan had every reason in the world not to allow him to job (cleanly, no less) to Lethal on that show. For fucks sake, at least give them credit for that one.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Yeah AJ was still, to New Japan's knowledge, going to be with them going forward. It wasn't until the next month did they know he was leaving.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

Also, Triton's back on the "Appearing" list.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

WHG wrote:Yes, it will speak volumes when the ROH World Champion pins the former ROH World Champion...volumes. How dare they bury the ROH guy with a clean loss to the ROH guy!

Naito (who has jobbed to Lethal in the US, btw...but nobody counts that because it doesn't fit the narrative) or Tanahashi shouldn't really take a rare pin in a multi an match anyway, IMO. If Tanahashi ever loses to an ROH guy it should be in a climactic PPV singles main event...like Styles did (another one that is forgotten because it doesn't fit the narrative).
I'm not making a narrative. I'm just saying an ROH guy is jobbing in this match, because he will. Probably Cole.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

This card is better than the PPV, by the way.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Burnside wrote:
WHG wrote:Yes, it will speak volumes when the ROH World Champion pins the former ROH World Champion...volumes. How dare they bury the ROH guy with a clean loss to the ROH guy!

I'm not making a narrative. I'm just saying an ROH guy is jobbing in this match, because he will. Probably Cole.
You think Lethal is walking out of the PPV with the title?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Probably. Lethal defending the ROH title at the G-1 Finals has already been announced. I'm not saying that's a 100% guarantee, because Cole could be switched in or that match could become non-title. But two things:

- I do think there is something to the idea that Cole isn't able to work international dates, which makes him a questionable pick as champ right now

- I think that when their contracts are up, Cole will leave but Lethal will stay. We're talking a mid-August title change, with Cole's deal up either in January or in early spring 2017, depending on who you believe. Maybe you can squeeze a title reign in there, but it's tight.