Official Field Of Honor 2016 Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: Official Field Of Honor 2016 Thread

Post by monster mafia »

maybe one of the last deonna matches in woh..nxt call maybe.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

Nice. Should be a good match, Id prefer a Veda Scott match, but I have no problem with this.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a shame that nigel is retired.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Pick 'Ems for tonight's show are still open:

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 84#p135584
SeanWrestling

Post by SeanWrestling »

Hey if anyone's interested or knows someone who's interested, I have a ticket to tonight's show for sale. Section 2, row L, seat 11. If interested, I can be reached at teddyanthonyhobson@gmail.com. Thanks in advance.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Results from the show, via PWP:
ROH FIELD OF HONOR RESULTS

MCU Park- Brooklyn, NY

August 27th, 2016

Dark Match
Leon St. Giovanni and Saheem Ali defeated Joey Daddiego an unknown partner.

Women of Honor Match
Taeler Hendrix def Deonna Purrazzo after she reversed a victory roll by Purrazzo and use the rights to gain a pinfall victory.
– Hendrix with the post match attack. Mandy Leon came in for the save and she put Purazzo over to cheers from the crowd.

IWGP Junior Heavyweight champion KUSHIDA def Dalton Castle after he tied up Castle’s arm and then rolled him up for the pinfall.
Great match by both men.

ROH TV champion Bobby Fish def. EVIL after making Evil tap to a knee bar.

IWGP Intercontinental champion Michael Elgin def Donavan Dijak with the Elgin Bomb to retain

Gauntlet Match: ROH Tag Team champions The Addiction vs. The Briscoes vs. War Machine vs. All Night Express vs. Gedo & Toru Yano vs. Cheeseburger & Will Ferrara vs. Leon St. Giovanni and Shaheem Ali

Match started with LSG and Ali vs Yano and Gedo. Yano gave LSG a low blow to stay alive in the gaunlet. CheeseBurger and Will Ferrara out next for the gauntlet, only for Yano to do the same to the ROH pairing. The Cabinet came out and defeated the NJPW stars. War Machine came out next and they start to brawl right away. War Machine eliminate King and Titus with a leg drop combo from the top. The Briscoes were next and the two teams had a brutal brawl.

The Briscoes won only to be blindsided by the Addiction. After interference from the Young Bucks,the Addiction hit celebrity rehab on Chicken to win.

The Bullet Club’s Young Bucks, Yujiro Tanahashi & Adam Page def The Motor City Machineguns & ACH & Lio Rush after a Rite of Passage by Page on Sabin.

Kyle O’Reilly def Katsuyori Shibata in an absolute stiff fest against Shibata via submission

ROH champion Adam Cole def Hiroshi Tanahashi/Jay Lethal/Tetsuya Naito after he distracted Sinclair, allowing Naito to hit Lethal with the Title. Cole finished Lethal with the Last Shot to retain
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Fish beating everyone before O'Reilly tells me this:

Fish is being groomed as the top challenger when O'Reilly dethrones Cole. I just wonder if O'Reilly vs. Fish will be for the 15th Anniversary, Supercard of Honor XI, or annual NJPW crossover tour.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

I think this is the first time this year that Fish and O'Reilly have victories over the same opponent within a close timeframe.

But Fish is certainly being groomed as a major player. Him challenging O'Reilly early next year should be great. A lot of the concurrent build has been like Eddie and Davey's. I'm sure ROH sees this as a tentpole program. Heck, maybe we see Bobby Fish win Survival of the Fittest this year.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

They are certainly giving both Fish and O'Reilly lines of direction that could certainly cross. I can definitely see the similarities with Eddie and Davey and it wouldn't surprise me if they brought in some MMA names along the way considering Robbie Lawlers involvement with both.

Would Fish really need the SOF if he does continue to have a very long run with the TV and beats some strong names along the way. I would personally leave SOF to a younger more up and coming talent that could use the momentum.

I think having it at the Annisversary show would be a good, SOH could have some really big names or matches and it may get lost in the shuffle and it certainly should be a match to highlight the card rather that suffer from it's weight.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

SOTF has been used for more established names the past two years. Fish winning would really add comparison to Eddie/Davey, which is why I mentioned it. But I really only see O'Reilly, Fish, or Jay Briscoe winning this year.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

BurningHammer wrote:They are certainly giving both Fish and O'Reilly lines of direction that could certainly cross. I can definitely see the similarities with Eddie and Davey and it wouldn't surprise me if they brought in some MMA names along the way considering Robbie Lawlers involvement with both.

Would Fish really need the SOF if he does continue to have a very long run with the TV and beats some strong names along the way. I would personally leave SOF to a younger more up and coming talent that could use the momentum.
I mentioned this awhile ago, but Chuck O'Neil and Eric Spicely are MMA fighters (Spicely's apart of the UFC roster, O'Neil competed on Team Lesnar on a season of the Ultimate Fighter years back and still competes on lower level MMA shows) who wrestle in Beyond Wrestling, I think a match built up between those two and reDRagon would be fantastic.

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Yeah I think that's why I have always be slightly underwhelmed by SOTF as I think it's the perfect place to create that winner out of nowhere and launch a guy into a higher role, but as you mentioned it has never really been used like that.

I can see Cole really trying to push O'Reilly away from having any shot at the title and having him win a stacked SOTF would really help him in fighting to get that shot.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

TYFDK wrote:
BurningHammer wrote:They are certainly giving both Fish and O'Reilly lines of direction that could certainly cross. I can definitely see the similarities with Eddie and Davey and it wouldn't surprise me if they brought in some MMA names along the way considering Robbie Lawlers involvement with both.

I mentioned this awhile ago, but Chuck O'Neil and Eric Spicely are MMA fighters (Spicely's apart of the UFC roster, O'Neil competed on Team Lesnar on a season of the Ultimate Fighter years back and still competes on lower level MMA shows) who wrestle in Beyond Wrestling, I think a match built up between those two and reDRagon would be fantastic.

Yeah I've heard and seen a bit of Chuck O'Neil through youtube, it looks like he is starting to get wrestling and improving quite a bit. The whole Fish and O'Reilly could bring in a lot of new faces and push ROH into another area that people are starting to find interesting with wrestling especially with how big Lesner is right now.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

Honestly I think we might get the exact same scenario that Eddie and Davey had. I see Fish taking the strap off of Cole before Final Battle. I see the main event of that show being Fish (C) vs. Cole vs. O'Reilly. Or MAYBE Fish (C) vs. O'Reilly and Cole vs. Rhodes.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

How was the attendance?
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Mike Adamle wrote:Honestly I think we might get the exact same scenario that Eddie and Davey had. I see Fish taking the strap off of Cole before Final Battle. I see the main event of that show being Fish (C) vs. Cole vs. O'Reilly. Or MAYBE Fish (C) vs. O'Reilly and Cole vs. Rhodes.
I don't see that at all.

Plus, the "exact same scenario" would be Cole retaining at FB against O'Reilly, then dropping the belt to Fish in early 2017.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Gotta love that they booked Fish much better than the guy they're """grooming""" to be the next big world champion.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
WHG

Post by WHG »

I don't see any possible way that Fish beats Cole for the title, especially before Final Battle. There's so much history with Cole & O'Reilly...and the Hammerstein return is the perfect opportunity for the ultimate blow off there.

One thing to keep in mind, also, is that Fish & O'Reilly both have expiring contracts at the end of the year. All plans for them are tentative.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

No one saw Eddie winning the belt before Davey either.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Good booking on the main event, as it makes use of Naito's presence to build up Naito vs. Lethal while also protecting Lethal for a one-on-one rematch with Cole at a later date.

I also like the last-minute inclusion of Ali & St. Giovanni in the tag gauntlet. The more they team together, the less they feel like a random pairing, and the more often they get used, the quicker they will start to feel like a real part of the roster instead of feeling like spot-fillers.

As for the tag title thing... it's weird, but it can work if they push the Buck's IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team Title match with the Briscoes at Destruction in Hiroshima as an opportunity for the Bucks to also earn and ROH World Tag Team Title shot, so that the Bucks' actions become self-interest instead of a completely out of character babyface turn just for the sake of clumsily starting a feud with the Briscoes that doesn't even need to be started anyway because Jay is already involved in the Bullet Club feud.