Who should take on Cody Rhodes?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mike Adamle

Who should take on Cody Rhodes?

Post by Mike Adamle »

Since Cody Rhodes has been announced for Final Battle I figured we could get some speculation and anticipation going. Who do you think they will put up against Cody in his first match in ROH?

I personally hope it's Jay Lethal as long as he's not the ROH champion come Final Battle. I'm hoping whenever Jay loses the belt he moves into the Roderick Strong position of being the gate keeper of the company. I don't think I've seen a Jay Lethal match I haven't liked in years and I feel him and Cody would have a tremendous match that'll make Cody an instant star.

Who do you think it'll be?
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
monster mafia

Re: Who should take on Cody Rhodes?

Post by monster mafia »

with the final battle card i have in mind rhodes vs lethal is a good match for final battle

im agree with that.
isles11

Post by isles11 »

I put this in the random thoughts thread, but I just have a feeling its gonna be Castle. I don't know why, I just saw that match in my head after Cody was announced.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

I think Lethal would probably be the best guy to with, depending on his involvement with other feuds etc at the time. It will be interesting to see where they go with Lethal after the title match at DBD, I have a feeling Martini will turn and that will lead to Lethal against the House of Truth or a new version of it.

Anyway Lethal would be a great option, if not him then Jay Briscoe for sure.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

I think he'll face Jay Lethal or Christopher Daniels.
And if Cody will show up at the TV taping after Final Battle, I think he'll have a match with ACH.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

It would suit Silas Young character to ask to face him but Daniels, Page or someone from The New Kingdom who would gain some heat with the crowd would be a good choice.
isles11 wrote:I put this in the random thoughts thread, but I just have a feeling its gonna be Castle. I don't know why, I just saw that match in my head after Cody was announced.
I don't remember exactly the list Cody puts on Twitter, maybe they will give him someone from it as his first opponent and Castle was definitely there.
I think a tag team between the two could be awesome.
ImageImage
Brada

Post by Brada »

I just cant see it being Daniels on the biggest event of the year. I agree with the Lethal vote should he not be champion. I could also see Kyle O'Reilly. This would give him the win he would need for long term stability, should he not face Adam Cole in the main event for the strap.
DeepCDiverticulitis

Post by DeepCDiverticulitis »

Cody vs. Lethal would be very good, as would Cody vs. Cole. They can probably duel in shouting out "Bay-Bay!" (don't pretend Cody wouldn't have learned that from the American Dream).
Vanilla Gorilla

Post by Vanilla Gorilla »

Corino vs Cody bullrope match.

In an effort to please his evil "father" Kevin Sullivan, Corino takes on the son of his old nemesis.

Double tie-in. From Corino/Dusty and Sullivan/Dusty from Florida days
jordidebaas

Post by jordidebaas »

Vanilla Gorilla wrote:Corino vs Cody bullrope match.

In an effort to please his evil "father" Kevin Sullivan, Corino takes on the son of his old nemesis.

Double tie-in. From Corino/Dusty and Sullivan/Dusty from Florida days
And, you've got a match nobody would be really interested in seeing. Seems like a win-win to me
I was in the front line when we battled page 15