Border Wars ...Really?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
TreeOfWHOA!

Border Wars ...Really?

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

WOW ...What a huge show to hype up "Hey Toronto be prepared to be amazed" Yeah huge show indeed :roll: Regular houseshow. Have not had a show in Toronto in a year and this is what they give us? Newswire made this show out to be the second coming of christ. :evil: At first i thought ROH was only giving us a regular house show. And i was cool with that, but then they hyped the show up in the newswires like it might be Supercard of Honor or another IPPV. Instead we get "Border Wars" really dissapointed, oh well least it is some ROH to watch live i guess.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Re: Border Wars ...Really?

Post by JSWO »

A meltdown occurring before a match is announced over a show name? Yikes, oh Canada, you'll never change.
Admin note: User permanently banned.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

My guess is it'll be a regular house show with one special guest like Lance Storm or something.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

WrestlingMatters wrote:My guess is it'll be a regular house show with one special guest like Lance Storm or something.
He's booked on the show. It should be announced after Mania weekend.
Mr. Small Package

Post by Mr. Small Package »

TreeOfWHINE.
EcwHardCore07

Post by EcwHardCore07 »

This wouldn't be the ROH forum without somebody bitching
Marketh.

Post by Marketh. »

Complaining about the show already...really?

Homecoming 2012 was a house show. That turned out to be a pretty big deal.
Last Real Man Hype
astoph

Post by astoph »

Since when did a ROH house show become a bad thing?
SteenMark23

Post by SteenMark23 »

Back in 2005, did the name "Manhattan Mayhem" make everyone scream "OMG THIS WILL RULEEEEE"? no. Did "Northern Navigation" have that "HOLY SHIT THIS WILL BE SHOW OF THE YEARRRRR" judgement based on the name? Did 'Unified'? Did 'Anarchy In The UK'? My point is...

Don't judge a show by its name.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Not complaining just a tad bit dissapointed, after reading the newswires hype i was expecting something a little better(Name wise). JSWO i know Lance is booked for Toronto and i also have heard Steen vs Davey might also happen on this show in some form or another(Non title/Tag of some sort). This was just another classic case of the ROH newswire hype LOL ...Had my tickets bought 1st day they were on sale. So i'm front row no matter what, shoot me for wanting to taste that IPPV feeling again that we got 2 years ago.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

SteenMark23 wrote:Back in 2005, did the name "Manhattan Mayhem" make everyone scream "OMG THIS WILL RULEEEEE"? no. Did "Northern Navigation" have that "HOLY SHIT THIS WILL BE SHOW OF THE YEARRRRR" judgement based on the name? Did 'Unified'? Did 'Anarchy In The UK'? My point is...

Don't judge a show by its name.
Ummm Unified was hyped everybody knew it was going to be a huge deal. C'Mon it was a unification match between Nigel and Dragon in England. Northern Navigation was an excellent show "yes" (and my 1st ROH live show) but it wasn't hyped in the newswires like it was going to be this "Amazing Event" Much like "Border Wars" was. I'll tell you this Revolution: Canada was a shit pickle, and so was Fate of an Angel II. So it works both ways sometimes a show you don't think will be good is good. And other times a show you know will just be another "Ho hum" event.. which turns out to be just that.
JSWO
Banned
Banned

Post by JSWO »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Not complaining just a tad bit dissapointed, after reading the newswires hype i was expecting something a little better(Name wise). JSWO i know Lance is booked for Toronto and i also have heard Steen vs Davey might also happen on this show in some form or another(Non title/Tag of some sort). This was just another classic case of the ROH newswire hype LOL ...Had my tickets bought 1st day they were on sale. So i'm front row no matter what, shoot me for wanting to taste that IPPV feeling again that we got 2 years ago.

The name of the event is so irrelevant though. I don't see what your issue of contention was. I also think the show will fall into the trend of being an iPPV. Once they navigate through the Florida events, the hype will in all likelihood kick in.
astoph

Post by astoph »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Not complaining just a tad bit dissapointed, after reading the newswires hype i was expecting something a little better(Name wise). JSWO i know Lance is booked for Toronto and i also have heard Steen vs Davey might also happen on this show in some form or another(Non title/Tag of some sort).
ALL titles are on the line right? Which is kinda weird with the TV Title on a house show.
astoph

Post by astoph »

JSWO wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Not complaining just a tad bit dissapointed, after reading the newswires hype i was expecting something a little better(Name wise). JSWO i know Lance is booked for Toronto and i also have heard Steen vs Davey might also happen on this show in some form or another(Non title/Tag of some sort). This was just another classic case of the ROH newswire hype LOL ...Had my tickets bought 1st day they were on sale. So i'm front row no matter what, shoot me for wanting to taste that IPPV feeling again that we got 2 years ago.

The name of the event is so irrelevant though. I don't see what your issue of contention was. I also think the show will fall into the trend of being an iPPV. Once they navigate through the Florida events, the hype will in all likelihood kick in.
Exactly. Just look at 10th Anniverary. It was just a house show until a few weeks out. Maybe this will be another one of those 10 dollar shows they spoke of awhile back.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

JSWO wrote:

I hope your right..our crowd gave ROH one hell of an IPPV for DBD VIII and they have yet to give us another. I'm fuckin hungary for more of that feeling. When the show is an IPPV you know anything can happen, titles might switch hands, storylines might adavnce. On a house show yes there is that chance but it happens far less often these days with TV and all. Thats why the Toronto crowd shit all over Edwards vs Hero we knew there was no chance in Hero winning. But when it was Black vs Richards nobody had a clue who was winning. That feeling of uncertainty really adds to a show IMO.
astoph

Post by astoph »

That's everybody man. They have'nt given Charlotte another PPV since the Big Bang but nobody complained about the house shows that followed.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Last edited by Mdodmod on Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

Your complaining big time over nothing at all. Border Wars is a fine title that has nothing whatsoever to do with how great the show will be. Why someone would make a topic to complain about such a small detail make no sense to me. Yes I'll be attending live and yes I'm very excited.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Do you think the Briscoes will pass the Border this time?
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

This thread actually took longer than I had previously thought.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.