Border Wars ...Really?

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
KaceCC

Re: Border Wars ...Really?

Post by KaceCC »

I hear they're going to bring in LAX with a drug cartel gimmick at this show.
RoaringElbow

Post by RoaringElbow »

Let's not even begin to discuss markets being mistreated. Just PLEASE tell me they're coming to Detroit on May 11.
Mdodmod

Post by Mdodmod »

RoaringElbow wrote:Let's not even begin to discuss markets being mistreated. Just PLEASE tell me they're coming to Detroit on May 11.
Agreed. Lets especially not discuss this "market mistreatment" less then one week after the company states their intentions to put on one of the biggest events of all time for them.
Chaosphere

Post by Chaosphere »

What a load of bollocks. Count yourself lucky ROH is even coming to where you live at all!
cviens

Post by cviens »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Not complaining just a tad bit dissapointed, after reading the newswires hype i was expecting something a little better(Name wise). JSWO i know Lance is booked for Toronto and i also have heard Steen vs Davey might also happen on this show in some form or another(Non title/Tag of some sort). This was just another classic case of the ROH newswire hype LOL ...Had my tickets bought 1st day they were on sale. So i'm front row no matter what, shoot me for wanting to taste that IPPV feeling again that we got 2 years ago.
Not complaining? Riiiiiight. Did you even read your own first post?
KinjiMuto

Post by KinjiMuto »

Chaosphere wrote:What a load of bollocks. Count yourself lucky ROH is even coming to where you live at all!
This. So Much.
ROHdk

Post by ROHdk »

Yes, you shouldn't complain. I'd like to see ROH in Europe again. A show, or some shows in London, England would be great.

I'm not sure if that is something ROH is working on, but I do hope so.
WrestlingMatters

Post by WrestlingMatters »

How dare you complain and so on and so forth...
McXal
Donator
Donator

Post by McXal »

TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Back in 2005, did the name "Manhattan Mayhem" make Ummm Unified was hyped everybody knew it was going to be a huge deal. C'Mon it was a unification match between Nigel and Dragon in England. Northern Navigation was an excellent show "yes" (and my 1st ROH live show) but it wasn't hyped in the newswires like it was going to be this "Amazing Event" Much like "Border Wars" was. I'll tell you this Revolution: Canada was a shit pickle, and so was Fate of an Angel II. So it works both ways sometimes a show you don't think will be good is good. And other times a show you know will just be another "Ho hum" event.. which turns out to be just that.
How was Revolution Canada a 'sh*t pickle'? Not saying it was a ridiculous, show of the year candidate or anything but I thought that was a really decent, entertaining show with an outstanding main event. I'll concede Fate Of An Angel 2 was fairly standard, but I thought R:Canada was a really nice rebound in the Toronto market.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

"Newswire hype" is what you make of it.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
KaceCC

Post by KaceCC »

McXal wrote:
TreeOfWHOA! wrote:Back in 2005, did the name "Manhattan Mayhem" make Ummm Unified was hyped everybody knew it was going to be a huge deal. C'Mon it was a unification match between Nigel and Dragon in England. Northern Navigation was an excellent show "yes" (and my 1st ROH live show) but it wasn't hyped in the newswires like it was going to be this "Amazing Event" Much like "Border Wars" was. I'll tell you this Revolution: Canada was a shit pickle, and so was Fate of an Angel II. So it works both ways sometimes a show you don't think will be good is good. And other times a show you know will just be another "Ho hum" event.. which turns out to be just that.
How was Revolution Canada a 'sh*t pickle'? Not saying it was a ridiculous, show of the year candidate or anything but I thought that was a really decent, entertaining show with an outstanding main event. I'll concede Fate Of An Angel 2 was fairly standard, but I thought R:Canada was a really nice rebound in the Toronto market.
Totally agree with everyone in here....

When's your next review coming out, my man?
adam08

Post by adam08 »

I like the name sure it is not the most creative name but it is somthing.
Montana

Post by Montana »

I'm hoping they return to Detroit as well. With adding more michigan markets, this would make sense, Especially if they are going to run Ohio a couple months apart. Plus towns like Virgina get a good amount of shows. One in Detroit isn't too much to ask.

I also feel they need to go to Canada at least twice a year. That was a really good new market ROH found, and they let it go.
GardenStateSaint

Post by GardenStateSaint »

Would be awesome if Michigan got a show after Border Wars and that was called SuperCard of Honor VII.
Tomato cans don't stand a chance.
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

Bump to say that the OP looks pretty stupid right about now. :mrgreen:
HarpoonIPA
Donator
Donator

Post by HarpoonIPA »

Seagull wrote:Bump to say that the OP looks pretty stupid right about now. :mrgreen:
I see what you did here, you put the OP in a TreeOfWHOA! :lol:
ハープーンIPA
ニューイングランド·ペイトリオッツのファン
Tree

Post by Tree »

Seagull wrote:Bump to say that the OP looks pretty stupid right about now. :mrgreen:
typical. usually when someone bitches so early about a show, they end up eating their own words. and since that poster whines a lot, he eats a lot of his own words.
Hammond Eggar

Post by Hammond Eggar »

Seeing as how this show is an iPPV and has Davey/Steen for the belt, I'd say yes. Really.
TreeOfWHOA!

Post by TreeOfWHOA! »

Tree wrote:
typical. usually when someone bitches so early about a show, they end up eating their own words. and since that poster whines a lot, he eats a lot of his own words.
I whine alot ? I made one really bad post in where i've ate my words...and be ready for this not many posters on this forum or the last would say this I WAS WRONG again one more time I...WAS...WRONG. Next time one of you super egos screw up lets see if you man up! and admit it ;)

As far as me whining alot side from this thread i don't see where i have whined. This IPPV looks steller and i'm front row and cannot wait.
Seagull

Post by Seagull »

Would you have bumped your own thread to say you were wrong, though?

Obviously with the grinny face I was being light-hearted about it, but you shouldn't judge a show so harshly with no matches booked. At least wait until the full card before you make a comment on how good or bad it is. Certainly don't make a judgement based on a NAME. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, and a show that's called "ROH Dookie Treats" that has Steen vs. Davey for the ROH World Title is a show that I will want to see!