Most underrated stable

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Mike Adamle

Most underrated stable

Post by Mike Adamle »

I always hear people ask who the most underrated wrestler or team is in ROH, but what about stables?? You always hear about the greats like The Second City Saints, Generation Next, Bullet Club, and the likes. But one name I never seem to hear brought up in that conversation is The No Remorse Core. I'm getting toward the end of 2007 in my viewing, and they were absolutely one of the high points of 2007. Roderick Strong was on fire even without being given much to do most of the year. His heel character and the way he brings it into the squared circle was phenomenal. Davey Richards was much the same. A vast improvement from his great first year. And his tag team matches with Rocky Romero almost always gelled so well together, I thought they could put themselves right up there with The Briscoes and Steenerico as the best of the 2007 tag teams.

Who is your most underrated stable
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
Wilson

Re: Most underrated stable

Post by Wilson »

The NRC could have been of greater legacy, considering the talent. Aries’s leave hurt the story quite considerably--and the same could be said for The Prophecy/The Group when Corino was obligated to Zero-1. But yes, Romero, Strong, and Richards were all consistently putting on good to great matches.

I’m personally fond of the redressing of The Decade in late 2014. The infighting of the young boys was really interesting and BJ grew into a fantastic promo for the first time in his career.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

the first part of scum ( steen,jacobs and corino) was great for me.

BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

The original Embassy, The Kingdom and the Hangman 3 would be mine, You could maybe throw in Special K into that as well.
PoyzunTiiiger

Post by PoyzunTiiiger »

No Remorse Corps is one of my all time favorites. The six man tags they had were awesome and Richards & Strong are still one of my favorite superstar teams ever. The Alarm Clock Kick followed by the Double Knees Gutbuster is so sick looking.

Also Doi/Shingo vs. Richards/Strong is a lost classic in ROH History.

They split up the NRC way too early IMO.They were better than the American Wolves and could have incorporated Eddie Edwards in later. NRC definitely holds the reigns as the most underrated stable. Also the bout with Aries/Danielson vs. Richards/Strong is a legit 4* Match that pits four of the top guys against each other and lets them tell a story.
JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff »

Umm NRC isn't really underrated. They were clearly the superior group to come out of Gen Next.

I think The Group is so heavily underrated and forgotten about.