ROH is returning to England

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
monster mafia

Re: ROH is returning to England

Post by monster mafia »

REACH FOR THE SKY TOUR AUTOGRAPH SESSIONS

Ring of Honor is excited to return to the UK for the “Reach for the SKY” Tour in Liverpool on Friday November 18th, Leicester on Saturday November 19th and London on Sunday November 20th.

Important news for UK fans of ROH! Special pre-event autograph sessions will take place before all three shows. We invite you to be there when doors open 90 minutes prior to advertised bell time.

Here is who will be signing at each event.

LIVERPOOL
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS AND FRANKIE KAZARIAN)
WILL OSPREAY
MARTY SCURLL
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPION BOBBY FISH
KYLE O’REILLY
NIGEL MCGUINNESS
JAY LETHAL

LEICESTER
THE YOUNG BUCKS
THE BRISCOES
ROH WORLD CHAMPION ADAM COLE
KYLE O’REILLY
DALTON CASTLE
LIO RUSH
DELIRIOUS
NIGEL MCGUINNESS

LONDON
THE YOUNG BUCKS
MOTOR CITY MACHINE GUNS
THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS AND FRANKIE KAZARIAN)
reDRagon (BOBBY FISH AND KYLE O’REILLY)
THE BRISCOES
DALTON CASTLE
JAY LETHAL
ROH WORLD CHAMPION ADAM COLE
DONOVAN DIJAK
WILL OSPREAY
MARTY SCURLL

ps: No ACH on the autograph sessions
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

Seen a few posts about Bucks/Cole not doing Liverpool meet and greet. I assume they'll have a table and still be flogging merch.

No prices etc yet but I really hope it's not £20 a pic (usually $20 a pic on US shows). The last time ROH ran here the pre-show m&g was free, so here's hoping.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

£20 a pic per wrestler, £30 per team.

Outrageous pricing
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Jeez, that's nut's where did you get the pricing info from?, because that's just insane, especially if you are also including T's, DVD's and other bit and pieces if they are available. I was going try and go to both the Liverpool and London signings but I guess I'm going to have pick one, which I imagine will be the London show, but considering how big the lines will be it's going to be a pain the arse.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

ROH announced prices themselves. It's in the comments section of Facebook post regarding the meet and greet.

As you say, if you are planning on buying merch too it's going to be a very expensive day.

It's kind of lessened the excitement of going to the show now. I take my son to these and a part of the experience for him is meet and greets. I can't justify paying that for a picture with your own camera.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

classic-cabana wrote:ROH announced prices themselves. It's in the comments section of Facebook post regarding the meet and greet.

As you say, if you are planning on buying merch too it's going to be a very expensive day.

It's kind of lessened the excitement of going to the show now. I take my son to these and a part of the experience for him is meet and greets. I can't justify paying that for a picture with your own camera.
Ahh I see, I don't use FB much especially for ROH. If they have a load people willing to get more than one photo they will make a mint out of the trip just through that.

I can understand that especially with a kid it's a lot overall, hopefully they look at the pricing structure and hopefully change it.
Brada

Post by Brada »

Anyone know what prompted the last minute venue change?
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ROH going to York Hall in London. What the hell just happend with Seymour Leisure Centre? [cornette]
With a little under two weeks until ROH's return to the UK, an issue has prevented ROH from delivering the London event at the Seymour Leisure Centre. However, to ensure the final stop on our much anticipated return to the UK Tour runs as smoothly as possible, Ring of Honor is pleased to announce that swift action has been taken to ensure the debut in London is as historic as the fans expect.
ROH is excited to announce that the London show will now be coming live from the World Famous York Hall in Bethnal Green on Sunday November 20th, 2016. ALL CURRENTLY SOLD TICKETS WILL REMAIN VALID and the seating chart will remain the same.

While the event is almost sold out, there are some limited balcony seats remaining and there may be some additional seats being released next week! if you have not already purchased your tickets to see the ROH title rematch between Adam Cole and Jay Lethal, act now so you don’t miss out on this historic night in one of Europe's most iconic wrestling venues!

Ring of Honor would also like to thank Revolution Pro promoter Andy Quildan, who has helped facilitate this venue change to the home soil of Scurll and Ospreay, where they will do battle once again in just 10 days time.

Please email help@rohwrestling.com if you have any further questions and stay tuned to rohwrestling.com for more details on all three of these incredible events in the United Kingdom.
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

2 general tickets for Liverpool show for sale in Ticket Sales if any interest. £35 for 2 general
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Kind of fucks me a bit considering I booked a hotel pretty close to the venue but thankfully I can get there via the tube, if the show runs past 10:30pm then I wont be able to stay that long after as the only tube available is at 10:50.

If anyone is staying close to the original venue then take the Queensway underground it should take 35 mins to get to Bethnal Green. Plus you wont have to any delays as there is no service currently from the other station in the area.

I can only assume that they have got a very good deal on the change of venue or something has happened at the original, it maybe because ROH is loosing it's arse at the Leicester venue so needed to get some money back.

Either way it's a bullshit thing to do 2 weeks out.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

10 days away and that's how the Leicester show looks like. Liverpool and London will make good numbers, but having 3 shows just one week after RevPro do his Global Wars with NJPW wasn't a good move, IMO.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Adam Cole and The Young Bucks added to the autograph session in liverpool.
Jack

Post by Jack »

That must be a headache for all those that booked and planned around that venue. But my selfish side has kicked in as I live pretty close to Bethnal Green on the train line, so getting there and back is much better. But also on a positive note for all; York Hall is a great venue as I've been plenty times for Rev Pro shows and they finally sorted the bar situation out.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Jack wrote:That must be a headache for all those that booked and planned around that venue. But my selfish side has kicked in as I live pretty close to Bethnal Green on the train line, so getting there and back is much better. But also on a positive note for all; York Hall is a great venue as I've been plenty times for Rev Pro shows and they finally sorted the bar situation out.
Can I ask how far away is the Tube Station from the Hall, is there more than one for the area of Bethnal Green, i'll be coming in on the Central line so I don't know if that changes any thing. I only ask as my line train back is at 11:35 so I'm just wondering how early I'll have to leave and if i'll miss any of the show.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

so ach is booked for WrestleCircus on november 19th and 20 th

he is out of the uk tour.

JAY WHITE ro replace ach on the tour.

11/18/16 LINEUP

6-MAN TAG TEAM MAIN EVENT
ADAM COLE/YOUNG BUCKS VS. KYLE O'REILLY/MARK & JAY BRISCOE

PROVING GROUND
BOBBY FISH VS. WILL OSPREAY

JAY LETHAL VS. CHRIS SABIN

DALTON CASTLE VS. MARTY SCURLL

CHRISTOPHER DANIELS VS. JAY WHITE

FRANKIE KAZARIAN VS. LIO RUSH

JOE HENDRY VS. DONOVAN DIJAK

11/19/16 LINEUP

YOUNG BUCKS (MATT & NICK JACKSON) VS. MARTY SCURLL & WILL OSPREAY

CHRIS SABIN VS. ADAM COLE

ALEX SHELLEY VS. JAY LETHAL

reDRagon (BOBBY FISH & KYLE O'REILLY) VS. JAY & MARK BRISCOE

JOE HENDRY VS. JAY WHITE

THE ADDICTION (CHRISTOPHER DANIELS & FRANKIE KAZARIAN) VS. DALTON CASTLE & DELIRIOUS

LIO RUSH VS. DONOVAN DIJAK
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

BurningHammer wrote:Can I ask how far away is the Tube Station from the Hall, is there more than one for the area of Bethnal Green, i'll be coming in on the Central line so I don't know if that changes any thing. I only ask as my line train back is at 11:35 so I'm just wondering how early I'll have to leave and if i'll miss any of the show.
Bethnal Green station is on the Central Line and York Hall is like one street away from the station.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Jack

Post by Jack »

BurningHammer wrote:
Jack wrote:That must be a headache for all those that booked and planned around that venue. But my selfish side has kicked in as I live pretty close to Bethnal Green on the train line, so getting there and back is much better. But also on a positive note for all; York Hall is a great venue as I've been plenty times for Rev Pro shows and they finally sorted the bar situation out.
Can I ask how far away is the Tube Station from the Hall, is there more than one for the area of Bethnal Green, i'll be coming in on the Central line so I don't know if that changes any thing. I only ask as my line train back is at 11:35 so I'm just wondering how early I'll have to leave and if i'll miss any of the show.
It's not far at all, like a 5 minute walk. Pop out of the one of the exits that gets you onto Cambridge heath Road and you can see York Hall from there. I'm pretty sure its early doors due to it being a Sunday.

Pretty much what Thelone said.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Here's what ROH answered to everyone who asked them about the change in London(via PWInsider):
Thanks for your email. We are very sorry about the Venue change on the final stop of the UK Ring Of Honor Tour, unfortunately despite getting approval from Westminster Council for the Event to take place an timescale oversight on their part meant there was a possibility of the event not being able to take place.

We had to move event to ensure it could take place. We did exhaust all of the local venues, but due to the nature of the timescale before the event we were unable to find a local venue suitable for the show. We look forward to working with Seymour in the future .
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Cheers guys, I didn't know how many stations were in the area. Good to know either way everything is pretty simple and easy to get to.

First time at York Hall as with all my interest diverted to the US independent scene I missed the recent explosion of the UK independents. My last time with the UK scene was Fliesch, Storm etc. I think next year I will have to go far more often, It's certainly a lot easier and cheaper than seeing a footy match that's for sure.

Interesting note on the move, I do wonder if they are passing the buck but either way I'm going and thankfully the Tube makes life sooo much easier to places short notice in London.
ndp

Post by ndp »

Jay White's a good substitution for ACH. He should be able to have a good match with Daniels again. Shelley still not being booked on night one is odd, especially when they just dropped a guy from the tour. London only having half its card announced is odder.

Looking at the remaining guys and the prior two UK shows, I can't see it being fear of spoiling something. They're not running so many shows where consequential stuff constantly happens that they're forced to wait until a couple days beforehand to fully announce line-ups for live events yet that's happened frequently lately. Announcing opening matches probably won't move that many tickets. It may not move any, but it makes it look like you have your act together, more so than announcing half a line up for a theoretical big live event a few days to a week in advance when you've been dark for the prior three weeks, and the line ups for the other shows on that tour were announced weeks (a month?) in advance. They aren't doing a slow roll out where they talk up the matches either, which would rationalize it. The last two matches I think were quietly added to the event page with maybe a link on ROH's twitter.