ROH is returning to England

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
christopherclinton55

Re: ROH is returning to England

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Spoiler: show
very annoyed by that outcome the only match I was looking forward to at final battle is no longer happening and even if it does it would not be for the television championship.
DBSommer

Post by DBSommer »

christopherclinton55 wrote:
very annoyed by that outcome the only match I was looking forward to at final battle is no longer happening and even if it does it would not be for the television championship.
I'm actually the opposite. While I like Bobby, none of the singles matches he has had have left an impression on me. Then again I do prefer him as a tag guy than singles. Will OTOH, I like way more than I thought I would. I'm now looking forward to seeing what his defenses are going to be like.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Oh fuck! I posted a review here for Liverpool's show on Friday but I think my internet was too bad haha. Well, here we go again

Liverpool's show was pretty entertaining. It was my first ROH show live and I really enjoyed every second of it. I had the pleasure to interview Mark & Jay Briscoe, Dalton Caslte & Jay White before the show, at backstage, for my spanish wrestling website. Plus, I was front row for the show, such an awesome experience. It wasn't the best show that ROH has produced this year, but I think is worth a watch. The first half had his things, average matches with a hot crowd, but the second half was awesome with the two debuts, the shocking title change and the crazy main event.

Kazarian vs Lio Rush [**3/4] Standard match that worked well as an opener. Lio did his stuff and Kaz looked great. Crowd was hot.
Nigel's Promo - 10 minutes of nothing, I mean, just Nigel talking about ROH return to England and the World TV Title Match. But man, it was awesome seeing Nigel live. Entertaining stuff.
Dijak vs Hendry [***] Lazy match. Dijak and Hendry are two good wrestlers, but they didn't clicked.
Daniels vs White [***] Was expecting a little bit more here, but still a good - solid match by these two. Daniels, again, put White over in his post-match promo.
Lethal vs Sabin [***1/4+] Best match in the first half. Lethal has to be one of my favourite wrestlers right now. Sabin is one of the most underated wrestlers in the world. Great match, worth a rewatch.

Castle vs Marty [***1/2] Awesome debut here by Marty Scurll. He and Dalton showed chemistry and did a lot of great things. He won after hiting Dalton with his umbrella and doing the Chicken Wing. Great debut.
Fish vs Ospreay [***3/4+] By far, the Match of the Night. Awesome stuff. Fish put on another great performance and Will sold his leg better than ever. You must watch it. I was pissed when I saw Fish losing, because I really like him and I don't think Will needed this victory. But now, after the London show and seeing that Marty has won the title, I'm pissed even more. I don't know where this is going to, but if this means that we are getting Will and Marty at Final Battle, I'm fine with that.
Bullet Club vs Briscoes/Kyle [***3/4] Crazy spotfest. Match was nuts and had a little bit of everything. Watching the Bucks live... oh god, that was too sweet.

In general, I would say this show was great but not awesome. Definetly not the best show I've ever seen live (RevPro's Uprising in 2015 is my Top 1) but easyly the show I've enjoyed the most. AWESOME experience. Go and watch this, it won't dissapoint you.

Final Rating: 7,5 - 7,75
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

AlexROH wrote:Oh fuck! I posted a review here for Liverpool's show on Friday but I think my internet was too bad haha. Well, here we go again

Liverpool's show was pretty entertaining. It was my first ROH show live and I really enjoyed every second of it. I had the pleasure to interview Mark & Jay Briscoe, Dalton Caslte & Jay White before the show, at backstage, for my spanish wrestling website.
Wow, no kidding? You should definitely post a link to that whenever you feel editing is complete (even if Google translates your article/video into utter incoherence). And congrats on your first live ROH event as well as meeting the wrestlers in person.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Wow, no kidding? You should definitely post a link to that whenever you feel editing is complete (even if Google translates your article/video into utter incoherence). And congrats on your first live ROH event as well as meeting the wrestlers in person.
Nope, I'm studying journalism in Barcelona and I write for a website. I have translated the Castle interview, the others three will have to wait until I finish my exams this week --> http://www.solowrestling.com/new/56833- ... ton-castle

And if someone wants to see some photos, here are the ones I made during the show in Liverpool --> https://www.facebook.com/pg/Solowrestli ... 0434164320
Mr. Mojo Risin

Post by Mr. Mojo Risin »

Nice pics. You are doing a great job.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

insider notes:

Last night's ROH UK tour closer in London was completely sold out, drew the area of 1,100, so it was the highest drawing event of the tour.

Bobby Fish left the UK tour due to a family emergency. We wish Bobby and his family the best.

Marty Scurll and Will Ospreay will be added to the ROH Final Battle PPV.
BlackLesnar

Post by BlackLesnar »

Best show I've ever been to live. Hands down.
I'm gonna be at the top of the mountain in three years, with or without this belt. I'm gonna be the best that ever lived. And what you don't understand is, even if I don't get that far, at least I had the courage to get off my ass and try.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

VILLAIN.

AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

AlexROH wrote:Oh fuck! I posted a review here for Liverpool's show on Friday but I think my internet was too bad haha. Well, here we go again

Liverpool's show was pretty entertaining. It was my first ROH show live and I really enjoyed every second of it. I had the pleasure to interview Mark & Jay Briscoe, Dalton Caslte & Jay White before the show, at backstage, for my spanish wrestling website. Plus, I was front row for the show, such an awesome experience. It wasn't the best show that ROH has produced this year, but I think is worth a watch. The first half had his things, average matches with a hot crowd, but the second half was awesome with the two debuts, the shocking title change and the crazy main event.

Kazarian vs Lio Rush [**3/4] Standard match that worked well as an opener. Lio did his stuff and Kaz looked great. Crowd was hot.
Nigel's Promo - 10 minutes of nothing, I mean, just Nigel talking about ROH return to England and the World TV Title Match. But man, it was awesome seeing Nigel live. Entertaining stuff.
Dijak vs Hendry [***] Lazy match. Dijak and Hendry are two good wrestlers, but they didn't clicked.
Daniels vs White [***] Was expecting a little bit more here, but still a good - solid match by these two. Daniels, again, put White over in his post-match promo.
Lethal vs Sabin [***1/4+] Best match in the first half. Lethal has to be one of my favourite wrestlers right now. Sabin is one of the most underated wrestlers in the world. Great match, worth a rewatch.

Castle vs Marty [***1/2] Awesome debut here by Marty Scurll. He and Dalton showed chemistry and did a lot of great things. He won after hiting Dalton with his umbrella and doing the Chicken Wing. Great debut.
Fish vs Ospreay [***3/4+] By far, the Match of the Night. Awesome stuff. Fish put on another great performance and Will sold his leg better than ever. You must watch it. I was pissed when I saw Fish losing, because I really like him and I don't think Will needed this victory. But now, after the London show and seeing that Marty has won the title, I'm pissed even more. I don't know where this is going to, but if this means that we are getting Will and Marty at Final Battle, I'm fine with that.
Bullet Club vs Briscoes/Kyle [***3/4] Crazy spotfest. Match was nuts and had a little bit of everything. Watching the Bucks live... oh god, that was too sweet.

In general, I would say this show was great but not awesome. Definetly not the best show I've ever seen live (RevPro's Uprising in 2015 is my Top 1) but easyly the show I've enjoyed the most. AWESOME experience. Go and watch this, it won't dissapoint you.

Final Rating: 7,5 - 7,75
From twitter, it seems like it was the weaker of the three shows, so it is very promising.
It looks like thay had a hard time selling tickets for Leicester, with apparently their "friends" from PCW UK running in the same city at the same time.
ImageImage
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

That wasn't the only reason. Leicester isn't utilized a lot by wrestling promotions in the UK. It was a weird choice of city, but logistically it made sense because it's between Liverpool and London. Had they the time and maybe had ICW not been running Fear and Loathing that weekend they should have started in Glasgow, came down to Liverpool and then done London. Logistically that would have been very hard too, mind you, especially seeing as they surprised us all and brought a full set-up with them. I've seen a lot of people note that the production was far better than PROGRESS or Rev Pro events which UK fans aren't used to.

If anything, next year they need to do a bigger tour, and if they can work out the logistics, do a PPV from the UK. They could have probably done a bigger arena in London if we're being honest.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

a ppv live from the uk would be awesome..

O2 Academy Brixton maybe?
The Dragon Saga

Possibly. UK wrestling fans are rabid, same here in Ireland, every show is sold out if there is anyone even remotely good on the card. An ROH PPV with Lethal, The Bucks, Cole, reDRagon, Scurll and Ospreay alone would probably sell out somewhere like the O2. I'm sure they'll look into it, the tour was most definitely a success.
Brada

Post by Brada »

A PPV in Ireland would be BAD ASS. I would make that trip over for sure if that happened. It really killed me not to be able to go last week.....next tour I am there for sure...
The Dragon Saga

I think a PPV in Ireland is highly unrealistic to the point I won't even acknowledge it, I was speaking of the Irish fans in-general in comparison to the UK fans. A PPV in the UK, while unlikely, after this weekend is more realistic.
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

I attended Leicester and London, both shows were good but obviously the York Hall fans made the show soooo much better.

I recommend Dijak vs. Rush and Bucks vs. Ospreay & Scurll from Leicester, the fourth match (won't spoil) and Scurll vs. Ospreay from London.

Nigel said there's a good chance they will be back soon, I really can't wait.

Yeah, 20/30 £ for a pic is way too much, but I went with 4 friends so a tenner for a picture with Cole and The Bucks is pretty sweet.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Liverpool's VOD is now available on ROHWrestling.com.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

Having finally got back after a week away of friends and wrestling I can say that both Liverpool and London were great for all sorts of reasons.

Liverpool had a unique atmosphere, mainly because it was full of drunk Scots (in my section in anyway), hearing a guy scream out "beat him till he pisses" was just amazing. I can only imagine this could be the type of atmosphere that ICW has or an old early and small ECW crowd had. It still did though have a lot of good matches I don't think anything great, I imagine this was down to the state of the ring because pretty much from start to finish it looked unsafe and If they are going to do a UK tour they need to get a better ring because even in London it still had it's issues. Still I don't think you could be angry about what you saw. I felt the match that clicked most overall was Lethal vs Sabin, Sabin especially surprised me as he has felt a bit past it but he showed how good he was here. I felt if the Ospreay and Fish match went about five ten minutes longer with a bit more build to the finish it would have been a very special match, but overall it was still a great moment and again good match. A special mention to Fish as he was great as a heel in this match and with Ospreay calming down a lot of his selling overall helped a lot, Ospreay also has a lot of nice little parts to his game that might get unnoticed but I was duely impressed.

London, was an event that really did deliver I think in all aspects of wrestling. If I experience an atmosphere like I did in the match between Ospreay and Scurll I will be very lucky, and to also see matches like the quality of Briscoes and Bucks, (this surprised me the most as it's a match as even though I probably haven't, I felt like i've seen it a thousand times but it really did deliver. Side not I hope Matt is ok because he really did get folded up at one point which did make Jay look dead into Matt's eyes with a look of shock to make sure he was ok) Ospreay and Scurll was just incredible to me and showed how much these guys have and even though the fans blew up before the main event, the main event itself to me was a great match.

Overall I know ROH has it's issues but if ROH is like this live regurly in the US, even just from a wrestling stand point it would be really worth going i'm sure.
Brada

Post by Brada »

I had the chance to see Scurll and Ospreay once live for another promotion during Mania week.....I'm pumped to see them in Hammerstein Friday...should be awesome.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Reach for the Sky Tour Leicester VOD is now available