ROH is returning to England

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
Jack

Re: ROH is returning to England

Post by Jack »

With the ROH/NJPW relationship and it seeming like ROH are going to work with RPW I could see them using York Hall for their London base in any future events. Which is fine by me as its an ace venue for wrestling and doesn't have that town hall/community center some venues have.

Okay fantasy time; what we need is Andy Quilldan to get on the phone to CMLL next and we'll have a great super-show, you know one actually worthy of the term! 4 guys from the 3 international companies and chuck in RPW's regular euro/international guys and you got a seriously interesting set up.
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

London card complete:

Triple Threat Tag
The Addiction vs. Motor City Machine Guns vs. reDRagon

Jay White vs. Donovan Dijak

Lio Rush vs. Dalton Castle
ndp

Post by ndp »

I’m glad they finished announcing the cards. They should be good shows. I seem to recall reDRagon had some big tag match on a live event last month that was promoted as the last chance to see them tag in ROH this year. They must be using a non-Gregorian calendar.

ROH's Twitter today said footage from these shows will air on TV. I hope that means they will do some big angles to build the top two matches and maybe a couple of the lower card matches and not that they will air a highlight video, clipped matches for the first post Final Battle show, or Cole and O’Reilly standing across from each other at the end of the London show doing nothing of note on the go home show. NJPW Power Stuggle borrowing talent and the London main event limited what they could do to build the top two matches this month. Not to delve into spoilers, but they really need a hot angle or two on these shows to add into TV for the top of the card.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Fish vs Ospreay is now a world tv tittle match
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

monster mafia wrote:Fish vs Ospreay is now a world tv tittle match
Can anyone else see Ospreay taking the title here? With Fish having won SOTF it makes sense to get the TV Title off of him, Ospreay and Dragon Lee can have the big crazy athletic spotty match that they both like to have when given limited time (as they certainly will have at Final Battle), and it would both be a big moment for their UK return while also putting Ospreay over strong on his first weekend in the company.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Big Red Machine wrote:
Can anyone else see Ospreay taking the title here? With Fish having won SOTF it makes sense to get the TV Title off of him, Ospreay and Dragon Lee can have the big crazy athletic spotty match that they both like to have when given limited time (as they certainly will have at Final Battle), and it would both be a big moment for their UK return while also putting Ospreay over strong on his first weekend in the company.
that can be great but...what about fish and final battle?
Big Red Machine

monster mafia wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
that can be great but...what about fish and final battle?
Not sure. Maybe have him win a Four Corner Survival or something. Maybe he beats Scurll?
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Big Red Machine wrote:
If Ospreay wins, it cannot be another Ishii reign. It just can't.
Big Red Machine

Wilson wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
If Ospreay wins, it cannot be another Ishii reign. It just can't.
Of course not. He'll need to be in New Japan for some shows, but then again so has Fish. I'd keep him in the US as much as possible.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Was this officially announced? If so, where?
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

Wonder if they'll use any of these shows for Road Rage episodes? Such a momentus tour for the company figure theythey'd want to let the TV audience see some of the content. Especially to introduce Scurll and Ospreay.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

Was this officially announced? If so, where?
Fish said on his twitter that he accepts Ospreay's challenge. However, they haven't make it official yet.
Wonder if they'll use any of these shows for Road Rage episodes? Such a momentus tour for the company figure theythey'd want to let the TV audience see some of the content. Especially to introduce Scurll and Ospreay.
ROH said that the Reach for the Sky Tour will be on VOD and also in ROH TV. I think they'll show the Lethal vs Cole match and some Ospreay-Marty stuff in the comming weeks, maybe after Final Battle, because they taped 3 more episodes in Baltimore (the three last ROH TV episodes before Final Battle PPV).
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

For the ones who live in Liverpool, is the Liverpool Olympia area good? Is well communicated with the city center? I mean, the show will end between 22:30-23:00.
AlexROH

Post by AlexROH »

ROH just confirmed that Ospreay vs Fish will be now a WORLD TV TITLE MATCH:
It has been debated and a decision has been made...This Friday Nov. 18 in Liverpool its FISH vs OSPREAY for the ROH TV Championship!!!
classic-cabana
Donator
Donator

Post by classic-cabana »

AlexROH wrote:For the ones who live in Liverpool, is the Liverpool Olympia area good? Is well communicated with the city center? I mean, the show will end between 22:30-23:00.
5 minutes in a taxi and less than a fiver from Lime St Station. Get the number of a firm for your journey back.

It's within walking distance but wouldn't bother if you don't know the area
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

AlexROH wrote:For the ones who live in Liverpool, is the Liverpool Olympia area good? Is well communicated with the city center? I mean, the show will end between 22:30-23:00.
As Cabana said transportation isn't a major problem if you are coming in by train or looking to get something from the city center. There are a large amount of taxi points within walking distance from the station and there are also two are the station. One is the pick up point where taxi's, but you can get ques there, but if you go to the back exit of the station there are also taxi's waiting there. I'll be using one or the other myself when I get there as I have to a friends house before I go to the Olympia, I certainly wont make the signings but I should be there before bell time. Buses are pretty easy to get plus cheap as long as you know the route number, walking wouldn't be to much of a hassle if you don't mind say ten mins of using your legs.

The area itself isn't plush or anything and there isn't anything really to do around there bar the Olympia really.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Dave Meltzer reported in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Kyle O'Reilly is off the shows in the UK due to an undisclosed medical condition that's serious enough to prevent him from flying. The same medial issue caused him to miss the charity show that New Japan did in New Zealand a few days ago.

It'll be interesting to see what changes will be made to the cards. He was listed for tag matches for the whole tour.
ndp

Post by ndp »

O'Reilly missing the tour would throw a wrench into things. He could have used a couple more big wins going into Final Battle and the lackluster main event build could have used a big angle between him and Cole from this tour added into next week’s TV show. Cole could still cut a big promo and do something with Fish. Something with him and O’Reilly would have been preferable. The finish to Cole/Lethal may have gotten more interesting.

As for match changes, Night One they could throw Shelley who isn’t listed for any match but I assume will be there or could get there with enough notice into the six-man, swap Shelley or Delirious out for someone in a lower card match and place that guy in the main event (Castle?), or have Fish pull double duty. Night Three they can break up that three-way tag into a singles match and a three-way. Night Two is a little tricky. I’m thinking Fish vs. a Briscoe and the other Briscoe gets added to one of the singles matches. Of course that's if he's going to miss all those shows. If he is, ROH should announce it Thursday morning and not wait until right before the Liverpool show.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

What is even going on with these shows?

Maybe the audience can elevate these shows to being great, but so much of the cards and news have augured a pretty underwhelming tour.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

is lit!!!!!!
Spoiler: show