Official Death Before Dishonor XIV Weekend Thread

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

Re: Official Death Before Dishonor XIV Weekend Thread

Post by supersonic »

Does Lethal's body of work come anywhere close to Black's? Once Pearce stopped pussyfooting around on Black, it was night and day for match quality.
AssShooter

Post by AssShooter »

Does anybody has a link to the TV Taping results ?
ImageImage
christopherclinton55

Post by christopherclinton55 »

Tylenol Black reign was crap aside from his matches with Davey Richards. However Jay Lethal title matches in other companies was better because he wasn't given so many non finishes.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Lethal matches in ROH were also really good even with the cheating.

Only thing i could find regarding the TV Tapings
Spoiler: show
enuhito(English) ‏@enuhito_eng
Naito & EVIL has betrayed Jay Lethal and went backstage last night. Then Michael Elgin & Kyle O'Reilly came out to save him.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Apologies for posting the thread late, but you can post anything from the TV Tapings here:

http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5112
Danny DeNiro

Post by Danny DeNiro »

BurningHammer wrote:I really hope the TV tapings carry on from the last set left, which has been strong, simple and effective.
Strong, Simple & Effective. I think that sums up all I want from Wrestling storylines and matches.
Burnside

Post by Burnside »

Is anybody else getting the sense that very few people ordered this PPV, and also that very few people attended the TV taping?
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

Burnside wrote:Is anybody else getting the sense that very few people ordered this PPV, and also that very few people attended the TV taping?
Yes. I found myself wondering why they go out to Vegas at all. It's a long flight for a rather small building. They'd draw more in NYC (not Terminal 5) or Philly or Chicago or Toronto or Atlanta or probably even San Antonio or Dayton. Maybe it's one of those deals where the building pays ROH a big lump sum for the show and the promoter keeps all of the ticket sales?
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

Does ROH even release their buyrates?
TYFDK

Post by TYFDK »

It's not THAT big of a deal that they go out their. Daniels and Kaz live close by, so do the Bucks even though they weren't there this weekend. They draw crowds and it's about the only place in the west coast they travel to.

On top of that, tonight was a Conor McGregor fight in Las Vegas. I'd be surprised if they sold out the TV taping or had many people there at all.
Thelone

Post by Thelone »

Burnside wrote:Is anybody else getting the sense that very few people ordered this PPV, and also that very few people attended the TV taping?
The PPV had little to no buzz even with Shibata debuting and the NJPW regulars coming back for the billionth time this year. Most outcomes being painfully obvious probably didn't help either.

As for the TV taping, the mere fact that I can't find complete spoilers almost a day later on my usual sites isn't a good sign.
http://thelone.be/ => My site, which means a bunch of random stuff really.
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

TYFDK wrote:It's not THAT big of a deal that they go out their. Daniels and Kaz live close by, so do the Bucks even though they weren't there this weekend. They draw crowds and it's about the only place in the west coast they travel to.

On top of that, tonight was a Conor McGregor fight in Las Vegas. I'd be surprised if they sold out the TV taping or had many people there at all.
It just seems to me like there are other places on the west coast that would be worth giving a try instead of going to Vegas for disappointing crowds in a small building. Surely there has got to be a venue worth running in LA or SF.
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

That's why Hunter signed 15/20 independent/ROH guys in the first place. Nobody cares about anything anymore, people will lazily watch WWE on the network and then feel like rebels because they watch NXT lol. So sad.

Also, a lot of WWE guys tweeted about Rhodes' Evolve debut (and I like Cody, but he managed to be a part of the worst ZSJ match I've seen in 2016), Steen included. And then one of his best friends won the ROH World Title and he couldn't tweet about that.
DXvsNWO1994

Post by DXvsNWO1994 »

Here's the review of Death Before Dishonor XIV I did for Voices of Wrestling:

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/0 ... ts-review/

Go read my thoughts of the show!
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

Thelone wrote:
The PPV had little to no buzz even with Shibata debuting and the NJPW regulars coming back for the billionth time this year. Most outcomes being painfully obvious probably didn't help either.

As for the TV taping, the mere fact that I can't find complete spoilers almost a day later on my usual sites isn't a good sign.
:lol: :lol:

so this was maybe the best ppv of the year for roh and you still dont like it...

amazing!
Last edited by monster mafia on Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

HonorLives wrote:
That's why Hunter signed 15/20 independent/ROH guys in the first place. Nobody cares about anything anymore, people will lazily watch WWE on the network and then feel like rebels because they watch NXT lol. So sad.

Also, a lot of WWE guys tweeted about Rhodes' Evolve debut (and I like Cody, but he managed to be a part of the worst ZSJ match I've seen in 2016), Steen included. And then one of his best friends won the ROH World Title and he couldn't tweet about that.
I doubt most people watch NXT to feel like "rebels". I'd bet they watch it because they think it's good.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

in other things i think roh needs to put the ppvs in other cities and crowds like nyc,hopkins,dearborn,atlanta ...etc

maybe they put in vegas because is good for them but anyway...
HonorLives

Post by HonorLives »

JTCole wrote:
HonorLives wrote:

I doubt most people watch NXT to feel like "rebels". I'd bet they watch it because they think it's good.
I'm not judging the product dude, I don't watch WWE at all.

I'm just discussing their tactics (wrestling is a bad word but we sign great wrestlers, keeping them in our internet exclusive development show while Reigns main events 'Mania, so you subscribe to our network, even if internet fans are stupid and, oh hey, don't forget to follow us on twitter!).

Burnside was discussing the lack of buzz for DBD and I think this shit has a lot to do with it. People who once followed ROH (among other companies) now just watch Raw with an iphone in their hands and pay for the network because it's just 10 dollars and with that money you can't even purchase an indipendent DVD (aka dumping, but whatever). It makes me a bit sad.
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

also the price is expensive...

they need the streamig service...figure it out with the copyright.
Fawrules

Post by Fawrules »

christopherclinton55 wrote:Tylenol Black reign was crap aside from his matches with Davey Richards. However Jay Lethal title matches in other companies was better because he wasn't given so many non finishes.
I thought his match with Kevin was great, personally.