THANK YOU RODERICK STRONG

This is the place to discuss all the latest ROH news, announcements and events!
supersonic

THANK YOU RODERICK STRONG

Post by supersonic »

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/goodbye-now

Thank you for no matter what creative situation was thrown at you, bringing your working boots, night, night out for the past dozen years.

Thank you for being a key contributor in saving ROH from possible death a dozen years, and making the most of your opportunity in Generation Next, THE greatest faction in ROH's rich history.

Thank you for living up to the hype in 2005 and bringing the Summer of Punk to its peak under the brightest lights of New York City.

Thank you for your contributions in rejuvenating the ROH Tag Titles after a horrendous 2005, to the point that the company became confident enough to deem them "World Tag Titles."

Thank you for every classic match against a who's who in company history, from Austin Aries to Kazuchika Okada to Claudio Castagnoli to Tyler Black to Davey Richards, just to name a few.

Most of all, I personally thank you and Bryan Danielson for what is STILL the greatest match I've ever seen in person, the ***** masterpiece the two of you pulled off at Vendetta. I will be absolutely stunned if I ever experience a 45+ minute live match again that is so dramatic, intense, psychologically sound, and flawlessly paced as that work of art, so fucking excellent that it seriously feels like it only went 30 minutes.

Thank you for everything, Roderick Strong. May the next chapter of your career and your life bring you the riches and happiness that you've earned. You are no doubt a legend in ROH and throughout the rest of the independent scene, with a body of work that will be studied for decades to come.
Nigel LikesGuinness

Re: THANK YOU RODERICK STRONG

Post by Nigel LikesGuinness »

For someone who has been there for the 13 years and watched you develop in to one of the best wrestlers in the world, sincerely Thank You!

One of my favourite moments was being front row watching him win the belt!

Amazing wrestler and we are lucky he was loyal to ROH for so long!

Thank you Roddy!!!
Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine »

What they said. There has been no more consistent performer in ROH's history than Roderick Strong.
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

DO NOT CLICK ON LINK UNLESS YOU'RE ON A PRIVATE COMPUTER AND HAVE POP-UP BLOCKERS. YOU WILL STILL SEE SMUT ADS SINCE DAVE SCHERER AND MIKE JOHNSON ARE SCUMBAG MOTHERFUCKERS.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/102905 ... r.html?p=1
Mike Johnson wrote:Former ROH champion Roderick Strong will be finishing up with ROH this weekend. His final scheduled appearance for the company will be at this Saturday's TV taping in North Carolina. Strong, 32, has held every ROH championship over the course of his run with the company and with the exception of The Briscoes, was the longest tenured talent in the company. He initially debuted for the company in 2003 during the Murphy Rec era after breaking out on the Florida independent scene and as part of Generation Next, was an important part of the company's resurgence in 2004. Strong was so loyal to ROH that when he was also working for TNA at the same time and was ordered by TNA to leave a ROH event to avoid a blizzard that was to hit NYC the night before a TNA PPV in Orlando in 2006, Strong still wrestled on the ROH event and arrived late due to the weather - leading to TNA suspending him and eventually playing a role in his departure from the company. Strong morphed into one of the best in-ring performers in the world over the course of his ROH run and was coined "Mr. ROH" for his role in the company. Over the past several years, he really found himself and was able to bring out his personality in a major way. He leaves a hell of a legacy behind and was pretty much a guaranteed great match any time he was on a big event. In many ways, he was the ROH measuring stick for many years and will absolutely be missed. His ROH deal expires this month. He will face Mark Briscoe at the Best in the World PPV Friday and Dalton Castle at the ROH TV Taping on Saturday 6/25 in Concord, NC.

It also appears that Quinn Ojinnaka aka Moose, 32, will be also finishing up this summer. We have heard from multiple sources that Moose has relayed he is finishing up with the company at the end of August. Moose, who was backstage at WWE NXT Takeover, is believed to be on the WWE radar. He's has tryouts for WWE in the past. He debuted with ROH in 2014 after a successful professional football career in the NFL.
Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Roderick Strong is an exceptional wrestler. I hope he gains all he deserves.
Last edited by Wilson on Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Adamle

Post by Mike Adamle »

I've been there live for one World Title change... Roderick Strong's. And I'm happy it was his too, easily my favorite and the most underrated talent ROH has ever had, and I know how highly he was rated by everyone. He has all the tools. He's gonna succeed wherever he goes. Thanks for the memories.
BlackLesnar wrote:Seriously though, I completely agree with Mike.
Mr. Mojo Risin wrote:
Mike Adamle wrote:Should've named this show "Masters of the Roll Up"
This is the best post ever by Adamle. I laughed my ass off at this.
The Dragon Saga

Post by The Dragon Saga »

Mr. ROH wasn't just a nickname, it was a statement of fact. His style embodied what ROH was and he worked his ass off for years to put out great match after great match. He has done it all, so this isn't the saddest goodbye, but if there is ever an ROH Hall of Fame, Roderick Strong is first ballot for me.
BurningHammer

Post by BurningHammer »

He is up their in their in the Danielson category in deserving a shot at the big time, he has given his all for ROH and deserves every future success

I hope he makes is able to lace those "shitty boots" on the grandest stage of them all.
KL_

Post by KL_ »

Thank you for everything, Roddy.
Good luck in the future :)
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

Thank you Roddy! Sad to see you go, but similar to Dragon and Steen, he's done evertyhing there is to do in ROH, from that perspective it is not only a good step for Strong, but also for ROH, being able to add fresh blood and building the next stars, like they've always done.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
Montana

Post by Montana »

The first post couldn't have said it any better. Such an incredible talent, and never phoned it in after all these years. I knew with Roderick Strong on the card, i would get my moneys worth, and he always delivered. No matter if he was first or last on. My favorite ROH wrestler, for many years and a true company man.

Here's a few of my favorite live matches i've witnessed:

Supercard of Honor 2 - Strong vs. Aries for the FIP title.

New Horizons - Strong & Marifuji vs. Hero & Go

Violent Tendencies - Strong & Kenta vs. American Wolves

AVR - Strong vs. Hero

Gold Rush - Strong vs. Omega

Salvation Strong vs. Aries

Revolution USA - Strong vs. El Generico

Pursuit NIght 1 Strong vs. Richards

Winter Warriors Dearborn - Strong vs. Jay Lethal

Reloaded Tour - Strong vs. Cole
monster mafia

Post by monster mafia »

thank you for everything roddy

mr roh forever

good luck legend.
JigsawVs.Jason

Post by JigsawVs.Jason »

any chance he might leave for NJPW? That way, we could still see him at 100% instead of toning down his style and becoming the next Nakamura (i.e. only delivering 20% of his abilities). Would really suck to see him go to NXT.
"If anyone complains about how today's pro wrestling isn't as good as the past and isn't watching New Japan, their opinions have no validity." ~ Dave Meltzer
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

JigsawVs.Jason wrote:any chance he might leave for NJPW? That way, we could still see him at 100% instead of toning down his style and becoming the next Nakamura (i.e. only delivering 20% of his abilities). Would really suck to see him go to NXT.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
supersonic

Post by supersonic »

Nakamura is the king of doing only as NXT as he needs to. He ain't taking head drops like Danielson in a 5 minute match.

Strong's future could be a top story of the year based on info fed to me. Hope he succeeds in his career and his life, as he's been through hell.
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

Rewatched Vendetta II again tonight, still one of my favorite matches ever, thanks for the memories and looking foward to the new ones.
JTCole

Post by JTCole »

187_Joeism wrote:Rewatched Vendetta II again tonight, still one of my favorite matches ever, thanks for the memories and looking foward to the new ones.
You mean Vendetta 1?
187_Joeism

Post by 187_Joeism »

JTCole wrote:
187_Joeism wrote:Rewatched Vendetta II again tonight, still one of my favorite matches ever, thanks for the memories and looking foward to the new ones.
You mean Vendetta 1?
Yeah against Dragon one extra I got in the way :lol:
ROHFanAnthony
Donator
Donator

Post by ROHFanAnthony »

Roderick Strong has done it all in ROH. He's had a long career on the indies. Hopefully this mean he goes to wwe even if they do change his name. For the last few years he has been my favorite wrestler in ROH. It was very fitting that he was called Mr ROH. I hope he doesn't go to TNA even though his best friend Eddie Edwards is there. Loved his promos when he was part of the HOT and would end them with "And that... that my friend is the truth!". I would have liked to see him have another run with the ROH title. If he does go to NXT I'm sure he will tear it up there like he has his whole career and now that... that my friend is the truth :D

Thank you Roderick Strong :!:
dhads7161

Post by dhads7161 »

See you at Final Battle, Roddy